• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My question's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!
This is my first post at this forum, as I need help with some triggers and other stuff..

So, first I'm wondering how to make an area non-buildable, so I tried this:

Code:
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Condition
Actions
 Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 007 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 008 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 009 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 011 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off

But that didn't work..

Anyone have any ideas?

Level 21
First you make a new doodad-type in the object editor, change the model to nothing.
Next, you go into an image editor such as paint, photoshop, ULEAD photo editor, etc. and you create a new pathing texture. There's a tutorial here. Basically, if you create a blue (RGB: 0,0,255) 2pixel * 2pixel image, you'll get a pathing blocker for buildings only. Then you import this image (must be a .tga) and you use it as the pathing image of the doodad.

Level 2
> First you make a new doodad-type in the object editor, change the model to nothing.

How do I change it to nothing? NONE is not an option when I try changing the model in a custom doodad (My custom doodad is "Bush" if that should matter..)..

> Next, you go into an image editor such as paint, photoshop, ULEAD photo editor, etc. and you create a new pathing texture.

Will IrfanView work?

Level 2
The pathing blocker works, I cant build buildings there and I can move with units, but there is still a large black box there....

Edit: I dound a way.. kinda..

Last edited:
Level 9
but there is still a large black box there...
Normal, blockers are also represented by these box in the world editor, but they will be invisible. Every invisible element are represented by these box in the editor, how can you see and select them otherwise? they needs to be manipulable in the world editor, so they use this default model, in the world editor only.

Last edited:
Level 3
i faced a problem like that, so what i did was make the model path to i think it was like Breath of Frost or w/e the name of that Frost Wyrm freeze ability is. as the <Target> model. Theres no actual target in use so it just appears invisible, problem being is you cant see it in WE either lol. You just have to remember where you put them if you choose that method.

Status
Not open for further replies.