• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Boss-styled spell based entirely on model animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Sup' guys. I am wondering if this is, somehow, possible. I am thinking on a boss fight in wich the boss itself will play some animation (let's say attack anim), then freeze for a few seconds to give the player the time to "damage" te hand of the giant boss that gets stuck on the ground.

Some sort of play boss attack animation, wait until his arms reach the ground, pause boss and set anim speed to 0%, create a dummy unit that can be attacked by player to simulate "boss hands" and after a seconds go all back to normal (remove unit, unpause boss, set boss anim speed to 100% once again).

Here is a screenshot of what boss looks like:

113866d1336679669-solo-mini-mapping-contest-7-terrain4.png

I managed to do it via triggering but the problem is the model animations aren't static. Sometimes it takes his arms 1.22 seconds to reach the ground and sometimes it takes 1.66 seconds; causing the attack to look fairly ugly.

:goblin_boom:

BTW, Boss has movement speed set to 0, he will stay there. What i did is to create a region near the edge of the lava pit wich would always be the attack spot of the boss, so that way i could time right the animation.

I am not sure if what i am asking for is really possible.. could someone confirm this or help me out somehow?

Level 11
If that is happening you should trigger it in so the boss attacks with specific attack anims at certain times. Since not all anims work at the same speed.
I tried. Still takes his arms more time to reach the ground sometimes that what i expected.

you cant do that coz animations will play from 0-xxx, means it cant play above 0, the best option is to do channeling...

Yep, that was i afraid of. What do you mean by channeling? Play the model channel animation and freeze him when his arms reach the ground? Wouldn't that be the same as before?

Level 29
...What do you mean by channeling? Play the model channel animation and freeze him when his arms reach the ground? Wouldn't that be the same as before?
...wait a minute, I forgot that there is one trigger that freezes a unit...

Try:
  • Animation - Change Unit Animation Speed
but you need to pause the unit for it so that it will not attack...

Level 11
...wait a minute, I forgot that there is one trigger that freezes a unit...

Try:
  • Animation - Change Unit Animation Speed
but you need to pause the unit for it so that it will not attack...

Yup, that is what i did mate, set anim speed to 0% just when his arms reach the ground. The actual problem is sometimes it takes him 1.22 secs to do so and sometimes twice the time.

Level 29
Then you cant do that, like my post on #3, there will be delays like what you said also...

@Remixer
That would be 100% precise timing;
- Unit B reach arm to the ground pause it and make anim to 0
- Hide Unit B, to the position of Unit A
- When Unit A reach arm to ground, hide Unit A, unhide Unit B
- Spell ends unhide Unit A hide Unit B again

Status
Not open for further replies.