• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Void's Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Ok this one I will actually update, unlike the last... 3? :p

All my good terrains in chronological order.

Newest Terrain!
Tower of Dawn
TowerofDawn.png
Archived Terrains

Azjol-Nerub1.JPGtemple1.JPGRuinsTempleRainy.jpgMountainForest.jpgSpring!.jpgDon'tGoHereAlone.jpgZombierisen.png
Ancient With Tree Variations.jpgDawn.jpgRadiant.pnggloomtastic.jpgNordrassil.pngDruid's Home.jpgBurningSteppes.png
Northrend, Cathedral of the Light.pngFjord Kingdom.pngTemple of the Ancient Sun Revamp.pngBliss.pngTower of Babel.pngHaosis.jpgTerrain Contest III.jpg
Heaven and Hell.pngwinterserenity.jpgarthas2.jpgBarrens.jpgCleftOfShadows.jpgWanderingCity.pngwarzone.png
medivh.png

Last edited:
Level 18
All my good terrains in chronological order.

Where are these? ;P Jk.

I think although the shadow is funked, the Tower of Babel is your best.

Although in gallery form, it is painfully obvious that you do in fact use the same basic view. Two trees on the side, focus in the center. Which is why I like your Tower of Babel, because it is different than most of your others.

Level 6
the 'epic' one is v. good. looks like a real place; sunlight looks natural; fog; forest...; etc.
edit: after looking a bit more closely, the rocks look like they just jut out of the earth. small thing compared to others about the terrain tho.

maybe in the 3rd pic, you can variate the sizes of the trees more; sothat there are older trees and newer sprouts. all the trees having tyhe same size/height makes it look like some reforestation project.

Level 36
the 'epic' one is v. good. looks like a real place; sunlight looks natural; fog; forest...; etc.
edit: after looking a bit more closely, the rocks look like they just jut out of the earth. small thing compared to others about the terrain tho.

maybe in the 3rd pic, you can variate the sizes of the trees more; sothat there are older trees and newer sprouts. all the trees having tyhe same size/height makes it look like some reforestation project.

Lol, the 3rd pic is a year old. I lost the map ages ago xD

I think it's actually the worst on the gallery.All the others are really realistic.

It's no imports, and I don't work with Blizzard's models a lot. That would probably explain it :p

Level 7
Though I've probably said this while you were posting some of these terrains individually, looking back on your earliest terrains, you've improved immensely. I really like a lot of the techniques you employ into your terrains. It kind of makes me want to get back into frequent terraining. XD Your last piece, though, I must say really is excellent. The expansiveness of the shot is great with a nigh perfect execution. Kudos.

You don't have to say shit and fuck in every sentence, you know.. It looks.. goodish. It's good, but not great, y'know. I think it's because it's contrast, and you can only make one good area, with the other just being emptyish. Also, the sun rays burn holes into trees, grass etc. :p

It's just ... unspecial. If you did each area on its own, it'd look better, because you'd spend more time on each, but this way, it's half-half on each, making it too spread out - I'm describing it badly >_>

Level 34
Yeah, that happens a lot. If I post a terrain (especially for competitions and things like that), no matter what it is, WIP or final, people really like to dish out as many criticisms as they can, even if they don't seem to make sense.
We just like to fell better about ourselves.

Level 4
Wow, there veryy good, i wish i was that good, btw could you tell me how you made those stairs in those temples, and how you made that arthas one! :)

Level 10
Ah cool a update, the terrain board was getting well... sad. Nice work, as if you need me to tell you that. Oh and my contest sub got theme!

Level 19
i wanted to ask you something about that stormbox thing like in your wandering city terrain or arthas one, like how do you make the mountains have fog on them but that sky box has a different one >.<, like when i place stormbox over my terrain, it blends in with the back mountains making them invisible (cant see the outline of teh mountains) pl0x help!

Status
Not open for further replies.