• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Styx

Status
Not open for further replies.
"To die as a mortal is a fatal mistake - you are taken along the River Styx, the path to the domain of Hades. In the farthest corners of the cavern, the spires of Persephone watches over those who gently oar through the river with unforgiving malice. The river banks are warm with lava and crawling with beasts of hellish descent, the most vicious and brutal beings are the dragons who often come to the river to feed..."

-Credits to Wolfe Orscythe for the story.

Hope you like it!

***UPDATE***
-Fixed the Lava!
(The dragon is looking in a other direction >.> Didn't meant to do that, I forgot about his Animations).

***SECOND UPDATE***
-Replaced the ugly castle.

Attachments

• Dragon.JPG
    Dragon.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 338
  • Update1.JPG
    Update1.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Update1111.JPG
    Update1111.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
the castle's architecture is not very greek
the underground dome texture is disgusting
might want to think about making it more orangey red than the current blood red it is
also the dragon and the castle should probably stand out more

I was making it with freestyle, i didn't had no plan, just what came on my mind to put next, at the end i named it like that.
Yea, the dome, its ugly, but spamming rocks for better texture would have blown my computer off, it was really lagy.
Maybe, i will see to it.
Well, my angel sucked, at start, it was looking down, so i made the bottom part detailed, then when the castle idea came up it was really hard for me to make it stand out more, didn't want to change the camera, i liked the bottom part.

Level 3
the lava has faaar to much yellow in it, it takes a lot of attention away from all the other details, make it look like slow flowing lava with a lot more orange and perhaps some red

Level 17
Woohoo, go Oz. ^.^

To be honest, when I wrote that little story, I couldn't see the dragon in the picture. xD

Level 6
Nice idea with the dragon, its kind of an good eye catcher, because at first you couldn´t see it properly but all the time something draws your attention...
But I would really change the model of the castle, cover up the underground dome (not much, my pc hates doodad spamming too) and reduce the light a bit.
Definetly the potential for a epic one....

Level 36
Yes, the new lava makes the terrain look a whole lot better. However, I feel like the terrain doesnt have a center of focus, sure there is this castle, and a dragon. But honestly, the castle could be done better, and the dragon is a simple model that have been used FAR too much for terraining purposes. I'd say you should add something in the center, at the foreground if you see what I mean, something... Interesting.

And I'm still oblivious to the fact that people actually WANTS to use those XGM rocks for terrains, most of them look outright horrible, and even the ones that can be used should not be used for anything else than a playable terrain.

Level 34
It's too bright red. I'd try and add more shades to keep the terrain from washing out.

Level 6
Yeah thats it, that castle is awesome, but Gilles is right about the washing out effect. If you fix that its nearly perfect...

Status
Not open for further replies.