• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Untitled-1.jpg

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Two decades have passed since the demonic denizens, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, wandered the world of Sanctuary in a vicious rampage to shackle humanity into unholy slavery. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils directly, the memory fades slowly and the wounds of the soul still burn.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells – and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

Last edited:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOMG
I GONNA BITE MY BALLS OFF!!!!
Has the hell frozen or what ?
No. If you go to the site, the splash screen completly changed all the way, wasn't related to it really. Unless it doesn't load for you, as its animated and has sound, you could have troubles with it appearing.

They are working on Diablo 3, WotLK, sc2, and a un-annouced project they are hiring for? Jeeepers. Hope they don't all come out bad.

Level 19
Diablo is so much more fun than World of Warcraft. I'm so going to play this game. I played both Diablo 1 and 2 but they got boring very easily after I had finished the game. Hopefully Diablo 3 would introduce some new mechanics that increases its lifespan. But this does not affect the fact that I want Starcraft 2 too, I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun especially multiplayer and modding. Currently there are 3 games I want to play and they are Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and Fallout 3.
EDIT:
where is Warcraft IV? >_<
I could almost bet that one day they will make Warcraft IV.

Level 34
I've had the same concerns.. simultaniously expanding the three big universes :con:. But from the looks of it, D3 may really turn out to be great.
Look at companies like Relic. They produce a ton of games at once. It's not as if one team works on them all. Don't worry, they'll all be good!

Looks amazing. I can't wait. Anyone ever noticed Blizzard trailers are more like movies than games? I think that's part of their success.

Level 19
Look at companies like Relic. They produce a ton of games at once. It's not as if one team works on them all. Don't worry, they'll all be good!

Looks amazing. I can't wait. Anyone ever noticed Blizzard trailers are more like movies than games? I think that's part of their success.

They make art not crap. The quality is outstanding!

Level 19
lol while I was watching Diablo 3 trailer I opened my yoghurt can but the cover opened in three parts lol just like the Diablo 3 banner. It was a sign that this game is going to be awesome. XD
EDIT: Hmm blizzard site working very slowly. And for some reason when they ask me for my birth date there is no enter button wtf =/

Level 19
In these trailers I only see a type of terrain developed ,looks much like Kurast.I also dont see any storyline yet.

And I was stunned to see that you can choose genre male/female for your chars.

Nothing to it,I am just too happy

Well they've already added the story-line of both of the previous games(Diablo and Diablo 2). Though it ended just before the third chapter! :D

Level 5
I can't honestly tell which Blizzard game I'm waiting for most atm.

Diablo3: Tight lan/coop action.
Wotlk: Well, yeah, it's WoW, LOL!
SC2: Omg, next-gen map editor!!!

I'm still hoping for a new game(-genre?) from Blizzard instead of adding more expansions though, maybe a DnD-alike game? (Baldur's Gate anyone?), looking at the Diablo 3 gameplay video really got me excited about playing good ol' BG2.

God, give us WC4 or sandbox skillbased-nocarebear MMORPG from Blizzard (Like Darkfall Online, but with a Blizzard touch).

Level 3
Just woke up today and saw the announcement on blizz site. Couldn't load them all cuz my browser kept on committing suicide. But wow, this is like early christmas.

I'm a fan of Mephisto and his speech. Hope he gets moar spotlight.

Level 3
Everyone not bursting out in frenetic jubilance will be beheaded by the barbarian!
Weird how I am so enthusiastic about this game, while I wasn't a fanboy of it before
It just looks awesome.

Level 14
The gameplay video made me rofl. I could do nothing but laugh through the entire thing because it was so fucking awesome.

It's orgasmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.