• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Arena - Main Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
BannerTheArenaFinished-1.png

The arena is a place where anybody from anywhere can come and fight for glory! Here at the arena you can fight for fun, for rank, or in a tournament. Team up with a friend or a few friends to fight an external force, that isn't controlled by players. Form your own alliances and battle other ones!
This does not have a lore since it is a player controlled Role Play. I will do my best to keep up with the fights and have your wins/losses updated if you wish. I shall keep an eye out for people who are strong at Rping and those who are not so much so in Tournaments that are arranged, i can oversee if an unfair pair or team are set up. Tournaments will be arranged by me if time allows, and may be arranged by others if it is agreed in mass.

1. ABSOULTELY no god modding, it is a rule that should be known by all RPers.

2. Keep the fights even! by standards may join the fight by themselves or siding with one of the fighters, however ganging on one person is frowned upon.

3. On your first post (Your introduction to the battle field) you must describe (If you are the challenger) the terrain/battle field, A description of yourself and optionally your entrance to the battle field, and any preperations or taunting.

4. The challenged does not have to make the first move, they may taunt their enemy, or stall in some way.

5. An attack must be described in enough detail that your enemy has the potentiel to block, dodge, or counter.

6. An attacks power level is based on its detail, and length of attack. Words must have meaning however, useless words do not add to their power.

7. Strong attacks must be countered with an almost equal length and detail, if not the attacker has the opportunity to break through your counter attack. However a powerful ability may be dodged to certain lengths.

8. The honor system is used in this RP, so if you are cornered and you know you have no way to escape, dont make something up, have good sportsmanship

Tournaments:

A tournament will allow you to show your skill and potentially win a reputation among your fellow RPers, they are optional to be joined and anybody can enter. They will be arranged in brackets based on how many people join, and optionally a userbar will be awarded to first second and third in the tournament if you want it.

Other:

Again, this is a player controlled role play so have fun with it! if you are not part of a fight dont be afraid to jump into their fights and observe from whatever is in the described terrain. Try to stay on topic, and please, stay in one place at a time! Just because the max of fights in a thread is hit doesnt mean you cant post! I encourage you to give new ideas, im open for anything. To keep the sub-forum spam free, i would appreciate not to open a new thread without consulting me, or a moderator. I will open 3 threads, this is the main thread where the majority of the battle shall take place, i will have a Free Play/Roaming thread, and a tournament thread. That is if people join of course.

BannerMainHallFinished.png

This is the main hall so no fighting shall take place here. Arranging fights, character registration, any Off-Topic comments you need to make, questions about future tournaments, and Suggestions should be posted here.

All fighting should commence on one of the Planets:

Since this roleplay does not have an actual lore, you do not have to follow this. I invented this lore for the example battle in the thread of Planet Zero.

People from all over the universes are disappearing. A planet in the Null-Universe, an untraceable universe where all the bad things are kept, is alive again. This planet known to people by many names, however its origin is not known. A planet completely barren of all life, but a large building survives. This building is known as the Main Hall. Portals are opening up from all over the planet bringing in new people. The ring master is unknown but once you enter the Main Hall you cannot leave until you are the last one. For those who don't wish to fight, they are forced through a type of mind control. The technique is unknown but it starts with 3 chimes, after that you go blank. For now only other planet used, is Planet Zero. I hope to find out more about this game....

Journal of Urahara Kisuke

For those who wish to follow the lore, or add onto it with your insight, im open for anything!

Last edited:
Level 17
Please post a registration of your character that may be referred back to for reference using the template provided. I shall register myself to participate in this as well.

Name: (IE. Urahara Kisuke)
Fighting Style: (IE. Long-ranged Defensive)
Weapon(s): (IE. Kido, Bakudo, and Benihime)
Keep Score: Yes/No
Situation: (Here post how you ended up in this world from your universe, what happened IE. did you come willingly, were you chosen, etc. I will use this to rate how well you Role Play for Tournaments)

Last edited:
Level 9
Hmmmm... Seems I'm the first poster on an RP Thread. Wow, that’s a first lol.

Overall this is neat idea but I have a question; Is this a strictly a anime based RP or can anyone from any universe (including TV, Cartoons, Card Games and Video Games) join?

I may have just answered myself there but I figured it was worth asking none the less.

Also is this only a person verse person RP? For instance say I wanted to be Hustler One from Armored Core. Could I use my 3 story tall Armored Core Nine-Ball to the fight? Or would I have to fight on foot?

Adding to the above, can each Rper only have one fighter? Or can they bring small teams of same universe allies with them?

I'm really interested in the simple concept behind this whole RP but I think there’s something you should add. Have each Rper give a brief reason of how they got sucked from their own universe to wind up in the arena, nothing to long or complex but for cross-over RP it would make sense.

Look forward to joining,

Regards,

Jake

Level 17
1. Any character from anything, even made up characters with made up abilities.

2. You may use any means necessary, but it reduces a tactical advantage from you because if someone had a swift ninja like character, they could easily out-speed you. (I dont completely know what your referring to so correct me if im wrong)

3. You may create more then one character but each character will have its own rank, and you may not have a fight controlling both people.

4. Fights have to be fairly equal, the only way you can use more then 1 person in a fight, that you control, is if its a familiar, or an extension of yourself. IE. a sword that can manifest into a clone of you.

5. You can start groups with people from the same universe, or even different universes, and you can have team fights with some other group.

Also about your thing, for the character log, you can add a summary of how you ended up here from your universe, what you were doing, and i will add it to the character tab where people can refer back to you and look at your details. I will replace the description with that, thanks for the idea. I will rate peoples RPing for tournament benefits based on that entry, so make it count!

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm surprised this RP hasn't garnered more attention by now, but I guess I'll add my character.

Name: Amaterasu
Fighting Style: Melee & Ranged Combat, use of the Celestial Brush Techniques
Weapons: Reflectors, Rosary, and Glaives
Keep Score: Yes
Situation: Amaterasu and Issun where nearing the end of their long journey after just finding 13th and final Brush Technique, when the earth cracked beneath them and a massive vortex swallowed them up and transported them to a strange arena far away from their own world.

By the way Infinate, I hope you don't mind but I want Issun to come with Amaterasu as well, since Amaterasu herself is incapable of talking and the two are inseparable duo on top of that.

I really hope more people join, this looks like fun. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 17
Since it looks like your the first one, would you be willing to do the example battle with me in the thread Planet Zero in live shows thread. Also as long as she isnt as strong as you, and can make the fight imbalanced, then its fine. If shes like Yachiru from Bleach, then i see no problem with it.

Name: Urahara Kisuke
Fighting Style: Long-ranged Defensive
Weapon(s): Kido, Bakudo, and Benihime
Situation: Years of fiddling with the Precipice World, Urahara finally opened a door to a strange universe. He went to investigate finding himself in a Barren wasteland and a building in the middle of nowhere. He approached the building and then his portal collapsed and he was trapped.

Level 16
Joining!

Oh and I'm gonna use my char in another rp. I fell in love with her!

Name: Flora Sky
Fighting Style: Long-ranged attacker
Weapon(s): Long bow, dagger, throwing knives, and a grappling hook hidden in her wrist.
Situation: During her training, her master opened up a portal to another dimension in which he told her was a place to increase her abilities in combat and that she must step through and face its dangers to complete her training. That being said, she nodded willingly and stepped through.

Last edited:
Level 9
Since it looks like your the first one, would you be willing to do the example battle with me in the thread Planet Zero in live shows thread. Also as long as she isnt as strong as you, and can make the fight imbalanced, then its fine. If shes like Yachiru from Bleach, then i see no problem with it.

Issun is male, he’s a poncle, a race of tiny humanoids about the size of a bug. To most people he just looks a green ball of light, but he has a humanoid form if you look at him close enough.

As for Ammy herself she’s a God in the mortal plane so to speak. She can be injured, including seriously, like anyone else but is immortal in the fact she can't be truly killed, kind of like Cenarius from Warcraft.

Level 6
Looks great. While working on my RP i think i could use some Rp-ing. Hope you like my char.

Name: Nekuhia
Fighting Style: Close-combat with dark magic
Weapons: Talsman-Knuckles of Darth(Vader lol)
Keep Score: No
Situation: He is Nekuhia. He seeks to destroy the living. Being sent from the Nether Realm, he IS almost immune to any attack. Okay okay not god-modding but his has almost no stamina, and he is only immune to dark-magic. Others? Oh well take your time to exploit it. He always solo. Yep, don't ask him to ally you.

Last edited:
Level 22
Imma joining.

Name: Kestrel
Fighting Style: Medium range combat, advanced hand-to-hand combat.
Weapon(s): Stun Glove, Automatic Rifle.
Situation: He was forced to jump through and electronical portal when his infilration goes wrong. His partner was left behind and the whole sneaking operation was totally unknown.

Level 17
The main hall is on the main planet, it is actualy the only building on the planet. It is run by someone yet unknown. I added a short optional Lore. Even though the actual main hall is not on Planet Zero, you can start the fight with either gunslinger or HolyFire in the main hall, you may start it how u wish but if it were me one of you charges at the other person thinking they are responsible for taking you to that planet, and u both enter a portal that takes u to planet zero.

Level 17
Make it up as you go, i still havnt figured it out. What i thought was after a fight was won, or a winner was decided, a portal would open back to the main hall, where the protagonists will try to figure out who is behind this and kill him/her, while they continue to fight for survival.

I will introduce new planets eventually.

Level 1
Name: Merlin II
Fighting Style: Short-range long-range role swapping mage
Weapon(s): Staff of ultimate imbalance (ethereal) (moderate damage) (high chance of miss when used to cast normal attacks and it's impossible to be used as a melee weapon)
Situation: Merlin II was searching for the staff of ultimate imbalance, but he found an ethereal staff, which has a high chance of failure. He seeks to make the staff more real to unlock its true potential.

Level 6
I'm very sorry for what I did. It's a habit. I will change it in time.

EDIT: Can I blow up part of the Stadium? Just a small part.

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm here, meh... Sorry about being late, again... I always get distracted by one thing or another whenever I start and RP, it's a bad habit... :sad:

I'll post tonight, probally a long one to explain what ammy has been doing all this time... lol should i post on Planet Zero if I plan to some up what shes been doing?

Level 9
Alrighty then, I added to my old post on Planet Zero, explaning why Amaterasu and Issun are late. How did you want them to find there way to the arena by the way? And which Arena are we allowed to fight in?

Level 19
Well, I would give it a try anyways. It sounds like a cool concept :)

How does the RP work exactly? As I understood from your description, you must make up a character, describing his moves and his items and join a battle in one of two big arenas? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.