• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ancient Castle

Another building for nerubians, mesh is mostly scratch made (only spiders are from doodad), it can be upgrade selling building. It uses in-game textures only.

EDIT1: I made spikes smaller and added obelisks witch tc (spikes don't have tc anymore). I also made hieroglyphs on lower part of the building bigger and added more hieroglyphs to upper part.

EDIT2: Changed Stand Work animation to Attack Stand Work. Thanks for suggestion :D.

EDIT3: I added stone spiders to the tower. This increased the filesize, but I still have version without spiders and I can add it as complementary if you want.

EDIT4: renamed model, lowered hp bar

Keywords:
Nerubian, spider, undead, armory, building, upgrade, tower, rotating, castle, keep, barracks
Contents

Ancient Castle (Model)

Reviews
12:23, 29th Oct 2015 Misha: HP bar way too high.. tinker on it alright, approved :)

M

12:23, 29th Oct 2015
Misha: HP bar way too high.. tinker on it

alright, approved :)

Level 13
Nice armory for the nerubians you got here, I like the texture. Maybe you could add some extra details and stuff their, perhaps a torch?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I think it looks too unnatural. I doubt Nerubian will build a whole building from nothing, they wold rather use existing structures to create a building. In my opinion, it looks too constructed.

Level 21
I think it looks too unnatural. I doubt Nerubian will build a whole building from nothing, they wold rather use existing structures to create a building. In my opinion, it looks too constructed.
I slightly agree with you however i feel this is very useful and acceptable but it needs some webs to make it more spider-like.Other than that,i like the model and i think the ice background in the preview image is a nice touch.4/5

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

but it needs some webs to make it more spider-like
I totally agree. Now it looks like a ancient human building or a dwarfen base.
It reminds me of Lord of the Rings in some way.
In my opinion, there are too many spikes and there is too much team colour. Something like a TC banner around the main tower would be fine.

Level 20
I've read on wowwiki that Nerubians were skilled architects and engineers, that's why it looks how it looks :D
Add a nerubish feeling on it.
Yeah, I'm thinking about adding stone spider 'holding' tower, but giving ice spiders stone texture is pain in the neck :D. Maybe I'll try with terrain texture...