1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Nerubian Birth

Submitted by MatiS
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Birth animation for nerubians. To use it you have to import it as SharedModels\UBirth.MDX, but if you want to use it with imported building model you can open it (building) in model editor, find BirthLink in nodes and change path to war3mapImported\NerubianBirth.mdx. It will allow you to use this effect without changing birth animation for in-game undead buildings. If it gets approved I will change BirthLink in my models to use them with this animation. I would be happy to hear your opinions about this model - every constructive feedback is appreciated :D.

EDIT1: I made pillars less bulky and slightly changed their texture.

EDIT2: pillars are now closing, they also start moving earlier. I made them less sharp.

EDIT3: fixed pillars

Keywords:
birth, undead, nerubian, effect, animation, anim, stronghold, vizier, spider, summon, frozen
Contents

Nerubian Birth (Model)

Reviews
13:24, 28th Oct 2015 Misha: Mighty fine birth model :) the pillars could have used lill more movement at their base, but it is good
  1. 13:24, 28th Oct 2015
    Misha: Mighty fine birth model :) the pillars could have used lill more movement at their base, but it is good

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    interesting.. although the pillars could use better wrap and to not be so bulky

3. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well, I wanted to give them dark grey texture, but I didn't find anything fitting. I'll try to make them more slender.

4. Windrunner29

Windrunner29

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This is awesome !

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    the texture is not that much of a problem as the way you wrapped it, it mirrors in odd ways, and doesn't look good.. if you rework the wrap, it probably would look much better

6. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Like Misha said, the stone pillers need better wrap. I also think that they should rise out of the ground sooner in the animation. It doesn't make a lot of sense for stone pillars to finally finish rising from the ground to assist in the construction by the time it's already nearly done.

Other than that, it servers its purpose and I don't often see custom building birth models. This could be very useful to people wanting to set their custom race apart from others.

Still, I'll have to only give it a 2/5 for now. But despite the low rating I do believe this will be quite valuable to some members' projects.

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I would agree with some of the above comments. I'm not in a mood/position to really critique, but I am excited to see esoteric, rare model uploads like these (buildings & building construction models) getting brought in. Good on ya, mate.

Nerubians!

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm still on a see-saw about the overwhelming sharpness on the tips of those stones, no rock is ever gonna be that sharp.. and also, why don't you try animating the pillars further to slowly close around what they're building? like some rocky claws or so..

and yeah the blue magic needs to start lill sooner too and probably needs a fancier texture than that

9. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Rocks can be that sharp. Happens quite often. Depends on the type of rock. Every type breaks differently. If you're going to try to critique something for realism, it would help to not be completely flawed in your perception of reality.

Ever heard of stone arrowheads or stone speartips? They're made by breaking stone into a point. By hitting it with another rock and letting pieces fall off as certain types of stone naturally break at a point; not by sharpening it. If it can be done by hitting it with a rock and it breaking off that way, then it can certainly happen in the natural environment when something huge collides with it, such as a boulder. If you've ever been to a mountain range, you've probably seen that while they're often rounded, there are still occasionally sharp edges to cliffs.

Not to mention that these rocks are being summoned out of the ground to build a structure, so the boundaries of reality have already far been exceeded. The rocks could end in the shape of a dragon if he wanted. The answer? Magic.

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    err.. okay? o_O should i just say that i find that sharp of a shape outright bad? like.. if it were to have lill more geometry to it, then maybe.. but not atm.. just imo

11. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I made some changes. What do you think about it now :D?

12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Now it sure looks really nice :D

13. Adevilc

Adevilc