• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3D background: making a texture glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working on the 3d background from the ROC beta. I'm pretty much finished now, but there's one thing I can't figure out. As soon as I saved the original file that I downloaded from here, the glow on the stainglass window disappeared.
I don't know how to get it back. Any ideas?

The glow is actually a texture (Textures\star3.blp).

Attachments

• noglow.jpg
    noglow.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 108
  • yesglow.jpg
    yesglow.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,838
Level 22
The reason is a bug in Magos model editor:

When you save a geoset animation with a color, the alpha value gets corrupted and becomes equal to the Blue value. So depending on the color (if the color contains very few blue), the geoset may become invisible because of that.
In your example, i just opened the geoset animation in Magos and saw that the alpha is 0.12 which is very small and then invisible.

To fix it, just tick "animated" for the alpha and make sure the animation key is set to "0: 1", This will overwrite the bug i have explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.