• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't edit Beta 3D Main Menu background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
The UI elements may contain unusual properties that the programs may not be able to save.
Not sure if there are any workarounds, other than converting the files into readable format, find what is causing the problem and remove it.
Or try somehow to locate the problem in within the programs and remove it.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently it's three of the light emitters. I removed them and now I can save and reopen, but then a bunch of bones and all particle and sound emitters disappear, and probably more because the animations are all messed up :/

I could manually fix that by copying stuff back over from the original model, but that would take a long time :/

Edit: all dummy bones were removed too, along with any child bones, that's why the animations are mess up.
Curiously, the only thing that wasn't removed except for regular bones is the one light emitter that did work.
Oh apparently child bones of helpers weren't removed after all, so maybe it wouldn't be too much work.

Edit again: removing all the light emitters solves that. I created ones with the same values/settings, and it's started crashing again :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.