• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Land Toll

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Land Toll is set in the outskirts of Lordaeron where villages and forts are scattered generously. After constant warring it has begun to take a toll on non-renewable resources like gold. When the resources got so scarce that it was interfering with generalized areas nearby people formed bands of raiders and troops deserted their kingdoms.
It was only a matter of time until they fought each other.

This is just a standard symmetrical 2 v 2 melee map designed with a few things in mind such as key defend-able locations and alternative strategies.

When it comes to melee maps I suck so once again I have released another one to try and better myself and because of this don't be afraid to criticize me on my errors.

Thanks a lot!
D3athcag3

Keywords:
Land, Toll, Melee, Lordaeron, 2v2, 2 v 2, 2, 4, D3athcag3, Bridge, Defense
Contents

Land Toll (Map)

Reviews
07:07, 30th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 8
Is it so hard to google a meleemap-tutorial?

Edit* - Ok here some constructive review - prepare to get punished.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

First impression
Well,
my first impression was like "Oh my god - why they always do the same mistakes?!"

By this statement I mean all those new meelemappers on hive - they just do the same mistakes and do not learn from other maps/reviews before posting...
I mean - Imagine if every idiot could make a movie and each of those movies would be shown in the cinema... I just hate unfinished/unprepared/untested things.

So the message to all new mappers who wanna ever create a meleemap: " Learn before do!!!"

Rating of the first impression: :thumbs_down:
Terrain

Almost totaly flat, very poor work on the tiles, senseless doodad-usage, very very tiny paths sometimes and leaks in the forest...
All those points are just killin me.
Overall the terrain was very unenjoyable.
Rating of the terrain: :thumbs_down:
Balance

Totaly missing...another very imbalanced map and I can clearly see that you suck at wc3...One question - was you on crack, when you set 2 dragons as guards for a merccamp?
Or when you done different creeps for both sides? - Or is this maybe a joke?Compare the both sides - do you notice something?
Once again leaks in the forest, tiny paths, crazy creeps.

About the drops I can only laugh - the red golem spot can drop a item of lvl 8 a item of lvl 7 and a item of lvl 6 and that randomly !!! :D
Dude, here is the f*cking droptable - if you dont use it - ill find and kill you:xxd:
x_86a8cf5a.jpg
"]

Rating for balance :thumbs_down::thumbs_down::thumbs_down:
-
Ill stop my review here - because you cant get more than "rejected" from me
:thumbs_down:

Last edited: