• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invasion

User who uploaded this Presents

Invasion
Created by normalice

Map Info:
A standard melee map with a slightly unusual layout.

Features:
Mostly standard, but with the quirk of expos being very close to opponent starting locations.
Has four of each: taverns, shops, observatories, marketplace. Also has one fountain of health (center).

Updates:
opened up some pathing bottlenecks
fixed some terrain issues.

Screenshots:
here

Other work:
Pack

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Invasion (Map)

Reviews
17:28, 12th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See Shadow Fury's review for more information:

M

17:28, 12th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See Shadow Fury's review for more information:

Shadow Fury;2474670 said:
Much better than sudden death, this time I can list good points and not only the bad ones. Here is my review:-

GOOD POINTS:-
- Great use of tile variation
- Very well done terrain
- Creep camps are also well done
- Proper item drops

BAD POINTS:-
- The corners are very restricted that letting my entire army reach the Marketplace is impossible
- Tile variation could be better at the corners
- The southern and northern parts of the map have a lack of tile variation by looking at the rest of the map
- Still no screenshots in the description

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Add screenshots as I suggested in your first melee map
- More tile variation at the southern and northern parts
- Improve the tile variation in the corners too
- Widen the playable area at the corners because it's too small and restricted so this severely hinders my army from getting past

Till now, this gets 4/5 and my vote for APPROVAL! Good job :thumbs_up:

Level 21
Much better than sudden death, this time I can list good points and not only the bad ones. Here is my review:-

GOOD POINTS:-
- Great use of tile variation
- Very well done terrain
- Creep camps are also well done
- Proper item drops

BAD POINTS:-
- The corners are very restricted that letting my entire army reach the Marketplace is impossible
- Tile variation could be better at the corners
- The southern and northern parts of the map have a lack of tile variation by looking at the rest of the map
- Still no screenshots in the description

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Add screenshots as I suggested in your first melee map
- More tile variation at the southern and northern parts
- Improve the tile variation in the corners too
- Widen the playable area at the corners because it's too small and restricted so this severely hinders my army from getting past

Till now, this gets 4/5 and my vote for APPROVAL! Good job :thumbs_up:

Downloading...I'll give you a full review later.
=================================
1. I like the use of tilesets and height variations. The layout is very much balanced.
2. On item drops, you used item tables and I found out there are some that drops specific items.
3. Nothing more I could say but one thing more. There are 12, 500 goldmines guarded by green creep camps. Can you change this to orange, perhaps.

I vote for approval with 4/5 ratings.