• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandoras World ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
PROJECT IS INACTIVE

pm for more information...

The Team

Olyvian - Overall Creator & Developer
Wolfe Orscythe - Terrainer
vercas - JASSER
Midnighters - Icon Creator
dark_hunter4 - Idealist & Tester (writer)
moosenoir - Idealist & Tester (writer)
Greger - Tester
Future List:

- Currently using Oposseum 3rd person camera system
- 10 Multiplayer Capability
- 480 x 480 epic sized map
- Every class can choose to upgrade at level 20 to become more powerful and receive more spells
- An arena in the city for PvP.
- Some enterable buildings.
- Unique and enthralling quest chains with intriguing storylines, twists and turns guaranteed to keep you and your allies busy.
- Intelligent NPCs (walk around and do stuff etc.)
- Triggered and attractive abilities.
- Visible Equipment System
- Cool professions to craft useful objects.
- Intelligent Creeps (AI)
- Attractive and special terrain.

+ MORE TO COME.
Concept

In an age of great mysteries there was a young human boy, Sarodon - or so he seemed human on the outside, deep within him a great demon lay, restless and eager for destruction. There is a place people have spoke of, great distances span between it and the known world. Many enter, few return, those who have returned are no longer altogether human but a more sinister creature. However, there was a time, one within remembrance, where this horrible place didn't exist, the young boy's family was murdered. He swore an oath of vengeance, taking a pact with a demon only to be betrayed and have his heart ripped from his very body. The demon placed Sarodon's heart inside a box and hid it what is now know as the forbidden zone, the box is protected by unspeakable horrors, fiends of great power now walk the earth and they must be stopped. There are only stories on runestones that depict of a victory, but it would cost dearly, these inscriptions read: "Only when the box has been opened and the heart destroyed will evil be returned to its rightful place."

The time has come to remove the demonic presence, a call has been sent out to the most capable heroes. They come from far and wide, from desolate wastelands to famous knights, the heroes are the last line of defense in the struggle to defeat the evil. Will you heed the call?

Story heavily rewritten, credits to: dark_hunter4!

499541.jpeg

Info: -

Main Spells:

Magican upgrades:

Monk class:
The monks use a lot of time reading books to gain more intelligence, they think fast and act strong, because of their knowledge. Monks are Christians and pray for other people survival, and casts powerful spells against the undead. They also use to live and work in a church to help citizens dealing with their sins, but they became more helpfully in the battlefield.

Sorceress class:
Their tribe lived in the forest and survived of their knowledge in nature. The love and care for animals and the woods made them listen to the sorceresses and then became a part of their living soul. They can turn other enemies into a harmless bug or transform themselves into a deadly tiger.

Necromancer class:
By failing tremendous times by using the Lights spells, they turned to use Black magic. Even though it’s illegal the magicians have trained hard by handling this dark magic, so they could use it in combat. Some spells are rather helpful and can cause a lot of pain for the enemy, but there are spells even a top class necromancer can’t handle.

Warlock:
By not using their time reading to get more knowledge, they rather prefer more practical training. It turns out that not only they do they have strong physical power. They also have strong magical power. In battle they handle everything by their instincts and mostly impulsive acts.

IMAGE COMMING-

Info:
An experienced traveler who has seen the elemental planes, he traverses freely from one to another, being an emissary at times or going unoticed, he has complete mastery over the elements.

Main Spells: -

Spirit - Planeswalker upgrades:

Keeper of the Flame:
A master of a sacred art, the Keeper of the Flame rages with great intensity in combat, able to command powerful collums of flame with the ability to incinerate enemies instantly. The Keeper of the Flame boasts a powerful arsenal of forceful spells - capable of burning the strongest enemies to a crisp.

499291.jpeg

Info: -

Main Spells:

Slice of Death
Cooldown: 8sec
Explodes the enemy into pieces upon death. Causing your dmg*2.2x. If the enemy have less then 2.5% of their healt, they die instantly.

Windcutter
Cooldown: 12sec
Cuts the target enemy causing it bleed every 1 sec, concludes on the fourth second. Every second it takes (hero damage / 3) damage. Each level of the spell gives it 1 more second to bleed. (eg. level 5 windcutter: 4sec+5sec ~ every sec: hero damge / 3).
If the wind cuts through an enemy nerve it will damage (3x hero damage) but it only have a 10% success and it only works on the first second.

Warrior upgrades:

Knight: -

Captain: -

Gladiator: -

Warchief: -

Classes Under Constructions...

Ots

“Ots.”
Your friendly neighbourhood evil spirit that sucks your soul into their cursed bodies until you get released by their own free will, or simply kill them.
Norms

“Norm.”
Nevertheless Norms have existed for thousands of years and they keep forming themselves. They look like an overgrown anaconda. The rumors tell that they use some kind of secret potion to become more powerful. Though they are brainless fools, they only act by what their instinct tells them. Maybe it’s the potion that makes them so dizzy, or maybe it’s something else?
Surager Ent

“Surager Ent.”
They like to hang out where the environment is wet, but not where it’s to sunny. They were once friendly with the humans, until the humans killed them and used them as building equipments for houses. They do attempt to attack people of the lust of revenge. But all they want is for them to have their old home forest back.
Deadly Leaves

“Deadly Leaves.”
Quick as an arrow, invisibly as the wind. They come silently and backstab you from behind, without you even realize you’ve been torn to pieces and already fallen in your grave. If you can beat the sound barrier with speed, you are up to the challenge versus the DEADLY LEAVES.

Terrain Development in Progress (Creation of Midthen City - Part 1):
Terrain Development in Progress (Creation of Midthen City - Part 2):

You find this interesting? Join our Team!

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_091209_143922_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_091209_143922_02.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 331
  • WC3ScrnShot_091209_144134_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_091209_144134_03.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 285
  • pandorasworldmap.jpg
    pandorasworldmap.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 299
  • WC3ScrnShot_082209_161003_01 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_082209_161003_01 copy.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 347
  • dwarf.jpg
    dwarf.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 259
  • warrior_colour2.jpg
    warrior_colour2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 236
  • magican.jpg
    magican.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 225
  • NPClordlucasedmore.jpg
    NPClordlucasedmore.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Inside Lord Lucas Edmore Church2.jpg
    Inside Lord Lucas Edmore Church2.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Inside Lord Lucas Edmore Church.jpg
    Inside Lord Lucas Edmore Church.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Outside Lord Lucas Edmore Church.jpg
    Outside Lord Lucas Edmore Church.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 250
  • UpOnHighMountain.jpg
    UpOnHighMountain.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 306
  • greenevirorment2.jpg
    greenevirorment2.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 199
  • Inside Midthen City.jpg
    Inside Midthen City.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Level 6
I love the camera angle, reminds of some old Final Fantasy game.
Good luck with the project, I'm looking forward for this :)

Level 8
what do you need atm? I'll see if i can do any of that. I can say that im very functional in finding out what to do and what not to do in ORPG, trust me, i have made so many good orpgs, but i never finished them because.. i dunno :O That's one thing, then i can run through the map and find bugs and report to you? I can help with the storyline, quests spells, overall ideas to systems in the map.
________
Medical marijuana dispensory

Last edited:
Level 8
Most of the images are wips, so they are different and smoother now ;).

MSN? oh i'll make an account there now. Then i'll PM you. Can't it be Yahoo! Messenger?

No sorry, we are all using MSN as our communicating tool. Just download the program from their homepage, when you've finnished installing it - type in your emailadress(use your xxxxx@live acc/email) and pw and login to msn. I've allready added your @live account so you will get a pop-up if you want to add me as your contact.

click here, for the simplicity sake :D

you'll get use to it, its very user-friendly :p

Level 9
Well that defeats the purpose of posting the screenshots then, If in game it doesn't really look like that..

Status
Not open for further replies.