• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Enter The Pit Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Enter The Pit
Pick one of 17 classes in a fight for your own life!

Enter The Pit is an arena game which focuses on fast killing, team-based play and simplicity.

Introduction

You and a handful of others have fallen during the Great War. You have been consigned to Hell! It seems however that you are given a second chance... The Pit Lord has allowed the winner(s) of this arena battle to be granted a second chance!
Fight alongside your team, or by yourself in a MOBA-styled game that has either left out or altered your everyday creep-killing/denying, experience gain and focuses on a game of pure skill and raw teamwork.
Skill-shots
This game focuses mostly on testing your twitch reflexes

Competitive Gameplay
Team up against others for a competitive yet short and fun game.

Fame
Gaining fame allows players to 'buy' items and make players stronger. Be careful though, items have durability!

Events
Play solely against other players, or turn on Random Events to add more chaos to the game.

AI
Spice it up by adding computer players to the game!
AI is still under development, but is partially finished.

Classes
Pick between an ever-growing library of 1 of 17 classes to decimate your opponent!

BTNFootman.jpg

Offensive: Attack (Q)
Causes the footman to attack dealing normal damage equal to 40% of this units' health.

Special: Charge (W)
Charge at a target location dealing 50 siege damage to any unit obstructing your path and knocking them back. Will additionally stun units for 3 seconds on collision.

Defensive: Defend (E)
Raising shield enables the use of 'Charge', but disables the use of your normal attacks and slows you by 50%. Projectiles can be deflected off the shield.

BTNSorceress.jpg

Shoot an arcane bolt at the target point. Deals 50 magic damage and an additional 30 magic damage for each enemy in a 600 unit range.

Special: Implode (W)
Deals 75 magic damage in a 300 unit area, and pulls any victims to the center.

Defensive: Polymorph (E)
Turns an enemy into a random critter for 2 seconds.

BTNHeadhunter.jpg

Throws a spear at the target point dealing 40 pierce damage.

Special: Headshot (W)
Throws a spear harder, passing through and dealing 90 pierce damage to enemy units.

Defensive: Hunt Down (E)
Gives the headhunter 50% bonus movement speed for 10 seconds.

BTNPriest.jpg

Priest

Casts a holy missile at a target location. Deals 50 magic damage, and an additional 30 magic damage for every ally in a 400 unit area.

Special: Heal (W)
Heals a target friendly non-mechanical wounded unit for 50 hit points.

Defensive: Divine Shield (E)
An impenetrable shield protects the priest from all damage for 5 seconds.

BTNGhoul.jpg

Causes the demon to attack dealing 95 normal damage and healing himself for 35% of that.

Special: Unholy Beckoning (W)
Pulls a unit to the demon dealing 75 magic damage.

Defensive: Camouflage (E)
Blend in with the skeletons lying around the battlefield.

BTNRifleman.jpg

Shoots the gunman's long-range rifle dealing 75 piercing damage.

Special: Snipe (W)
Take a split second to aim after which the gunman shoots a high caliber bullet which deals 250 piercing damage to an enemy.

Defensive: Shock Trap (E)
Place a trap that activates when approached, electrocuting all enemies in a 300 unit area and stunning them for 4 seconds. Destroys other traps caught in the blast radius.

BTNLavaSpawn.jpg

Shoot a firey missile at a target location. Deals 70 magic damage.

Special: Artillery (W)
Bombards a location with a molten rock. When it impacts, it deals 180 siege damage in a 200 unit area.

Defensive: Kindling Warmth (E)
Throws ray of soothing warmth at a target enemy unit, putting it to sleep for 5 seconds. Sleeping units will awaken once they take damage.

BTNVoidWalker.jpg

Causes the ghost to attack dealing 75 normal damage. Causes 300% siege damage on back attacks.

Special: Nightmare (W)
Puts a target enemy unit to sleep for 3.5 seconds. Sleeping units will awaken once they take damage.

Defensive: Stealth (E)
Turns the ghost invisible. Invisibility lasts for as long as the ghost has mana. Mana regenerates 33% slower than it degenerates.

BTNCorruptedAncientProtector.jpg

Offensive: Attack / Bombard (Q)
Uprooted: Crush the enemy dealing 120 normal damage. / Rooted: Bombard the enemy with a boulder dealing 105 siege damage on impact.

Special: Shake Off / Launch (W)
Uprooted: The Fallen Protector shakes off some lose branches and summons 4 Fallen Treants to aid him in battle. / Rooted: Picks a random unit in a 200 area to throw at the target location dealing 50 siege damage. If this unit is a Fallen Treant, it explodes upon impact dealing 150 magic damage instead.
If an enemy is launched, he will deal damage to the Fallen Protector's allies instead of his enemies.

Defensive: Root / Uproot (E)
Roots and uproots the Fallen Protector. Rooted protectors can not move, but gain the fortified armor type.

BTNJungleBeast.jpg

Causes the stalker to attack dealing 80 piercing damage.

Special: Pounce (W)
Jump to a target location dealing 150 siege damage. The landing causes an implosion which pulls struck units to the stalker.

Defensive: Slam (E)
Slam the ground in a 250 range dealing 50 siege damage, knocking back and disorienting units struck for 8 seconds.

BTNSkeletonWarrior.png

Causes the risen soldier to attack dealing 80 normal damage.

Special: Brothers in Death (W)
Calls three brothers in arms to join you in combat. These units attack automatically.

Lasts 20 seconds or until killed.

Defensive: Haunt (E)
Throws a haunting missile that induces a struck unit with fear, rendering it immobile for 2 seconds.

BTNSkeletonArcher.jpg

Shoots an arrow at a target location dealing 75 pierce damage.

Special: Fight in the Shade (W)
Shower the target location with 50 arrows each dealing 50 piercing damage.

Defensive: Arise (E)
Attempts to dodge an attack by falling apart and arising elsewhere.

BTNSeaElemental.jpg

Shoots high-pressured water at an enemy dealing 80 pierce damage. Splits deal 25 pierce damage.

Special: Detonate (W)
Detonates any H20's dealing 50 magic damage in a 150 unit area.

Defensive: Split (E)
Splits into 3 confusing the enemy with sheer numbers. Attacking causes H20's split parts to attack the same location. They deal 31% damage and are detonatable for 50 magic damage.

BTNNecromancer.jpg

Shoots an unholy missile at a target location. Deals 50 magic damage and extra magic damage equal to 25% of the target's missing health. Harvests souls upon killing blows.

Special: Special Spells (W)
1 soul - Grants Life Switch
2 souls - Grants Curse
3 souls - Grants Suffering Chill
4 souls - Grants Sacrilegious Summoning

Defensive: Defensive Spells (E)
1 soul - Grants Senescence Surge.
2 souls - Grants Breathless Slumber.
3 souls - Grants Constrict.
4 souls - Grants Life Siphon

Alternative: Necromancy (D)
Reap the souls you have harvested.

1 soul - Grants Life Switch and Senescence Surge.
2 souls - Grants Curse and Breathless Slumber.
3 souls - Grants Suffering Chill and Constrict.
4 souls - Grants Sacrilegious Summoning and Life Siphon.

BTNBandit.jpg

Causes this unit to attack dealing 90 normal damage.

Special: Toss Axe (W)
Toss your axe at a target. On hitting an enemy, cripples it for 3 seconds slowing it for 50%. Also deals 25 piercing damage and does not require picking up the axe. If the target is under 25% health, the axe will execute the unit.
If it misses however, your axe will be left on the ground and you will not be able to use basic attacks until you pick it up.

Defensive: Shield Bash (E)
Bash an enemy with your shield, stunning it for 2 seconds.

BTNGrunt.jpg

Causes this unit to attack dealing 50 normal damage and receives an additional 0.25 damage for every point of health he is missing. The grunt also gains "War Veteran" experience whenever he kills a unit, giving him 50 max hp for every kill. When he reaches the maximum veteran status, the grunt becomes a War Veteran, mounting a horse which gives him another 50 max hp, increased movement speed, an improved artillery strike and 200% damage on normal attacks.

Special: Siege Attack / Barrage (W)
Order your battlements to fire a demolisher missile at a target location. The missile takes 2 seconds to arrive and deals 80 siege damage to units in a 200 area. (Direct hit +80 siege damage). Causes the Mounted Grunt to call an artillery barrage; 16 projectiles dealing 80 siege damage strike the area around the Mounted Grunt, and stuns struck units for 3 seconds after applying a knockback. (Direct hit +80 siege damage)

Defensive: Battle Rage / Mounted (E) / (Passive)
Turning this on makes the Grunt enraged, causing him to deal 150% damage, but making the grunt vulnerable to pierce and siege attacks. The War Veteran is mounted gaining upgrades and bonuses to aid him in battle.

BTNRifleman.jpg

Shoots the marine's assault rifle firing 5 rounds at the target location each dealing 25 pierce damage.

Special: N008 Tube (W)
Fire the Space Marine issued N008 Tube dealing 80 siege damage in a 200 unit area.

Defensive: Request P.S.D. (E)
Requests a Personal Safety Drone from Space Command that will follow the Marine around unless ordered not to. Will target and attack enemies within 500 units for 10 raw damage.

Drone detects invisible units.

Alternative: P.S.D. - FOLLOW / P.S.D. - DEFEND (D)
P.S.D. - FOLLOW: Orders your Personal Safety Drone to follow you. Fires once per second.
P.S.D. - DEFEND: Orders your Personal Safety Drone to hold its current position. Fires twice per second.

Gunman1.jpg

Gunman2.jpg

Gunman3.jpg

GameModes.jpg

MagePolymorph.jpg

MageImplodeBigNumber.jpg

MageImplodeFB.jpg

NeedCheeseeeeee.jpg
AteCheeeeese.jpg

PortalOpening.jpg
FelGuardsSpawn.jpg

UnspeakableHorrorD.jpg
TakingOnTheHorror.jpg
UnspeakableHorrorDEAD.jpg

HeartOfTheHorror.jpg

1. A proper loadscreen
  2. A title page (forum title page)
  3. A proper map preview
If you are reading this and you would like to contribute to my map, please send me a PM with what you want to do and I'll add you to the credits accordingly.

You will like this game if you like
  1. MOBA games
  2. Super Smash Bros.
  3. Bloodline Champions
  4. Team-based play
  5. Short, yet fun and competitive gameplay.
- v.0.5
Closed beta

- v.0.9
Closed beta continued
Complete system overhaul, all combat systems are fully functional.

- v.1.0
All known bugs fixed, First release.

-V.1.1
Fame System implemented
AI implemented, 5 classes complete so far.
Class added: Grunt
[Nerf] Footman damage dealt from 70% of hp to 40% of hp.
[Nerf] Risen Archer basic attack damage from 90 to 75.
[Buff] Split images basic attack damage from 0 to 25.
[Buff] Stalker Slam damage from 0 to 50.
[Buff] Ember Cannon Artillery from 150 siege damage to 180.
[Buff] Headhunter basic attack cooldown from .9s to .75s.
[Change] Headhunter has Headshot instead of Spreadshot: throws one fast spear, deals 90 pierce damage, passes through units, 10s cooldown.
[Change] Necromancer's Life Switch return projectile will now follow him for up to 1.8 seconds.
Items Added: Cheese, Big Cheese, Various Armor and Weapons (all basic and class specific), Movement Speed Boots.

-V.1.2
Fame is no longer preserved throughout rounds.
[Bug] Fallen Archer's "Fight in the Shade" ability bugged shooting only 1 arrow; fixed.
[Bug] Footman's defend script was triggered by "Win The Crowd" ability; fixed.
[Nerf] Ghost's mana regeneration reduced by 33%.

-V.1.21a
Marine class added.
BTNRifleman.jpg

The Marine

Shoots the marine's assault rifle firing 5 rounds at the target location each dealing 25 pierce damage.

Special: N008 Tube (W)
Fire the Space Marine issued N008 Tube dealing 80 siege damage in a 200 unit area.

Defensive: Request P.S.D. (E)
Requests a Personal Safety Drone from Space Command that will follow the Marine around unless ordered not to. Will target and attack enemies within 500 units for 10 raw damage.

Drone detects invisible units.

Alternative: P.S.D. - FOLLOW / P.S.D. - DEFEND (D)
P.S.D. - FOLLOW: Orders your Personal Safety Drone to follow you. Fires once per second.
P.S.D. - DEFEND: Orders your Personal Safety Drone to hold its current position. Fires twice per second.

-V.1.22a
Custom Streak System added.
Custom Random Events System added.
Custom script added to support Marine's basic attack and War Veteran's Barrage.
[Nerf] Ghost's mana regen reduced by 25%. (5/second).
[Nerf] Stalker's pounce damage from 150 to 105.
[Nerf] H20's splits now generally take 150% damage.
[Nerf] Marine basic attack damage from 25 to 18.
[Buff] Marine P.S.D. damage increased from 10 to 25.
[Buff] Headhunter's basic attack damage from 40 to 60.
[Buff] Headhunter's special cooldown from 10s to 6s.
[Buff] Fallen Protector's root time from 2.5s to .6s
AI: Headhunter added. (More to come!)

Special thanks to:
jk2pach
Ion Turret

WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Explosion

Paladon
Knockback System (Modified)
DoT System (Modified)
Jump System (Modified)

Kingz
Missile System (Modified)

KhaosMachine
Charge System (Modified)

Beta Testers:
Zedra <--- In depth testing & ability ideas
RussianRambo
PixelWolfy
Mini Mage
CroMoX <--- In depth testing.
RedClaw
aarcaa
xxdarkeyexx

This map has been worked on for the past 3 months for anywhere between 6-12 hours a day, everyday. (Including beta testing). If you think I haven't accomplished much, maybe you're right, but I'm the kind of guy who does not like it when something he makes doesn't feel right... So, often, I tend to delete a section I've been working on, and do it all over again, to see if I can do it better.

As you can see from the changelog, the map's been going a while. It has mainly been sitting in the Map Development section, but I thought it was time to release it since I can get more opinion now.

There have been a lot of obstacles along the way, and I've attempted AND succeeded on fixing them or finding a way around. If however I have overlooked anything, please let me know.

All in all, I have had a lot of fun making this map! I am very devoted to making it better, so please, if you have any questions, critique or ways you think this map could be improved; DO LET ME KNOW.

Expect a lot of changes, updates, improvements in the future!

Caution, map is protected.
(Even though file name does not specify.)

Map has last been updated 23 September 2012 14:25 PM UTC +10.

Attachments

• EtPv1.21a.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Level 10
You will like this game if you like
MOBA games
Super Smash Bros.
Team-based play
Short, yet fun and competitive gameplay.

The stock gameplay, felt very Super Smash bros like, and I enjoyed you had time and stock. Glad to see you have a wide selection of characters, and items too =D

Level 5
The abilities seemed very well made and fun, and even the basic ones were interesting (the Demon's camouflage is awesome!)

I haven't been able to test this out with friends as of yet, so I can't comment on the combat itself, but it looks like it could well be great with a lot of people :)

Perhaps some abilities should be able to smash the rocks? For example, if the Footman charges into one it should break... though obviously only with large-ish cooldown spells :L Only a little suggestion, nothing necessary to gameplay!

Good luck with the development of this map :)

Level 8
The abilities seemed very well made and fun, and even the basic ones were interesting (the Demon's camouflage is awesome!)

I haven't been able to test this out with friends as of yet, so I can't comment on the combat itself, but it looks like it could well be great with a lot of people :)

Perhaps some abilities should be able to smash the rocks? For example, if the Footman charges into one it should break... though obviously only with large-ish cooldown spells :L Only a little suggestion, nothing necessary to gameplay!

Good luck with the development of this map :)

Most abilities already deal damage to rocks, but I'll keep the charge thing in mind :) +rep.

Level 8
Posting Some Screenshots Would be helpful.

Yep, that's why it says: coming soon.

Reason why it's taking a while is because well... It's been less than 12 hours :p, AND it's an arena game that doesn't focus on how pretty the terrain looks either. If you maybe... Play it, you'd understand it's probably not that easy getting a screenshot that will showcase what makes the game fun... So give it a bit of time. :)

Level 9
Yep, that's why it says: coming soon.

Reason why it's taking a while is because well... It's been less than 12 hours :p, AND it's an arena game that doesn't focus on how pretty the terrain looks either. If you maybe... Play it, you'd understand it's probably not that easy getting a screenshot that will showcase what makes the game fun... So give it a bit of time. :)

How about gameplay screenshot? Like, collect some volunteers, play the game, screenshot what you think is fitting in the thread. It's a good map by the way, played it with my brother. Well, he crushed me, but that is another matter. It's fun, short and addictive ( when you win ). Hoping to see more in the future!

Level 8
Seems I uploaded the wrong version of the new map. This should be right.

EDIT

How about gameplay screenshot? Like, collect some volunteers, play the game, screenshot what you think is fitting in the thread. It's a good map by the way, played it with my brother. Well, he crushed me, but that is another matter. It's fun, short and addictive ( when you win ). Hoping to see more in the future!

Thanks for playing! And yes there will definitely be more in the future. :) I've got a few ideas that have sprung to mind already :D :D
Also, I've been trying to get a few people to play, but without luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.