• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fsjal Drawing Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
ARCHIVE POST

Fsjal Drawing Contest #1

Dear fsjal members,
This contest is the first one and we would like to present it a bit.
Each participant will bring a self-made drawing with a fsjal related to the contest’s theme.
The drawing will be scored by the jury according to the score table. After the contest is over and the jury has debated, the winners shall be chosen. They will be from place I to place III and they will get accordingly rewards.

Rules:
1) The participants must bring drawings made by them, not found on the internet.
2) If a contestant doesn’t bring the drawing until the deadline he will be disqualified.
3) The drawing brought must not be already posted in the pictures section of the group.
4) The participant must not add background drawing so that it will not interfere with the details of the fsjal.
5) A participant cannot also be part of the Jury.
6) Each participant is allowed to bring only one drawing for the contest.

Theme – this is the main subject. All the drawings must be based on it.
Warcraft III TFT - The Lore
>This theme refers to all humanoid characters which appear in the Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne. They can be heroes or units, Human, Orc, Night Elf, Undead, Neutral, Hostile, whatever you can think of. This refers to the fact that you need to make a replica of a character or unit-type which appears in the Warcraft III RoC or tFT Lore.

Dates:
The contest starts now – on 29 October 2011
The contestants can bring the drawings until 5 November 2011 and the contest will be over on 7 November 2011,with the nomination of the winners.

The Jury – these are the people who will use their fair spirit, observation and reviewing skills to see trough all the fsjals and then they will debate the winners. They will score the drawings according to the below score table.
<Judge I> w3.player
<Judge II> Hubcool

Quality
ScoreDescription

Originality
0 to 3 pointsHow original the drawing is... how much creativity was used to make it.

Details
0 to 4 pointsHow detailed is the drawing... how many things you can see in it, colors blending together and other artistic features.

Basic Fsjal Features
0 to 3 pointsThose refer to the features that any fsjal needs. Those are his weird eyes, his funny mouth and his unique hands position.

Rewards

Place I – His fsjal as the group’s new public image for a week, his fsjal included in the pictures section as “Honorific drawing” and +rep.
Place II – His fsjal included in the pictures Section as “Honorific drawing and +rep.
Place III – +rep.
Winners Poll:
  1. Gorb - 1 vote
  2. EloTheMan - 0 votes

Level 9
*Laughs* :)) What can i say... if they join, yes, it will be more likely a contest between them, as they are better... but who knows... any amazing life form comes from a singular cell, doesn't it? Well so does the skill of creation.

Level 9
Yes, it does... you can make absolutely any hero, melee maps or campaigns... ROC or TFT, any units and basically anything that ever appeared in the Warcraft 3 game from Blizzard. But of course you could't turn an Ashenvale Stag into a fsjal :))

Level 9
210023-albums5100-picture52490.jpg

my entry :)

Level 9
Kaplan, please specify who is the character you made? Sincerely i don't know any grunt-type unit that has a scar but it's very similar to a grunt so as far as i can tell... it's allowed though.

For all those who didn't understand... the contest refers to making a fsjal replica of a character or unit type from the Warcraft 3 TFT Lore... (i've edited in the primary post).

Level 9
As i said... there is no rule related to the program you use... but i request that you all mention what program you use... so that if someone uses paint and someone else uses another program... we can think out the differences and make a correct judging.

Sky Green... you can all bring as many drawings as you want... until the deadline... but in the last day... each contestant must have only one drawing... and that has to be his final. Until then you can modify your entries however you please.

Level 9
Nevertheless... good luck to you all... i think i will be away for the next few days... (but it's not sure) so i hope you have all understood clearly the contest and how it works.

Also... i really look forward to see if any of the members join as a judge... i still need another one for the jury to be complete... someone who has good sight for details and objective thinking.

Level 14
204072-albums5170-picture52557.png

So... what do you think?
Credits:
Blizzard Entertainment
Warcraft 3 Model Editor
Paint

Level 11
*sees Xian joining contest*
*Deletes his drawing*
*Leaves contest*

Ok ok joking :D
Btw Xian, awesome drawing of Medivh there!though i am not really surprised as i knew you would make an epic drawing if you would ever join the contest

Level 11
Hmmm...Now i see that some of you guys who posted their entries forgot to put in the program they used in creating the drawing
I suggest you guys to do it so we can make an easier job for the judges :D because some things can't be done in some programs while some can be in other programs and so on and so on and so we should put the name of the program for a more appropiate score

Level 11
As long as i know...No...but as long as you refer to the fact that you are making a unit/hero by yourself but that unit/hero is on the internet already
If that unit/hero is on the internet and you copy&paste it then yes, it is rule breaking, this also includes the fsjals from the gallery...so in conclusion, you are clean :p

Still i think it may count over the originality as taking a unit which wasn't turned before into a fsjal might give u an extra bump on originality, that if u manage to do it correctly, still i can't offer a sure answer on this, it is best to wait for Phaser since he started this contest :p

Level 14
I dont like the Medivh ... is very blurry
use HD fsjal as Template ;)
I Tried a Long Time Ago,its merely impossible to use
and what is blurry to you? its Mere lines and strokes
204072-albums5170-picture52599.png

Made Some Changes,still not final though

Level 14
Since when did Crows become background images?
its a feature... like he's morphing

Level 8
Too bad the characters must be based on a Warcraft character, i hope one day there will be a *Make anything you want Fsjal Drawing Contest* xP.

Level 9
Don't get that pessimistic :) There is still a lot of time and you must have an ace on the sleeve :D

EDIT: @Xian... even so... it's an additional image that will not be taken in consideration... so i was trying to say you made it for nothing... still if you like it, good for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.