• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft Consortium [Come here for Starcraft Resources]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My history with mods includes Morrowind, Oblivion, and Neverwinter Nights. After beginning to make [Starcraft Phantom] for WC3, I realized many Starcraft projects have been started. However, no site made it easy to find Starcraft models, and many projects won't share their models, causing many duplicates of varying qualities to be made. So presenting the Starcraft Consortium, a comprehensive list to rate Starcraft resources with links provided. Please contribute links and resources to the Consortium!

Ratings
Size - A high rating means resources are a reasonable file size for the type of resource they are.
Quality - Higher ratings means the resource looks good, has proper animations, attachment points and otherwise requires little more to be properly implemented.

Credits
Please credit the creators of any resources you used in your map. You can include them as a "required quest - credits."

Models

General
Starcraft Model Pack Size (Varies) ***** Quality ****
Contains many models, effects and icons for Starcraft units. This is the place anyone should start for models. It has doodads, buildings, units, icons, and more for most of your Starcraft needs.
Konstruct's Model Pack
This pack contains metal ground and wall textures, weapons, a bunk bed, modern barrels an industrial fan, and all of the advanced marine items.​

Terran
Marine without Helmet
Helmets are for wimps, at least that's what this marine thinks!
Infected Marine
This marine has been infected by Zerg, but hasn't been completely transformed!
Goliath Missiles Effect
Battle Cruiser Size ** Quality ***
This is a decent Battle Cruiser.
Advanced Marine
This guy is a marine without a helmet that you can attach guns to.
Heavy Marine
This guy has thicker armor then the advanced marine.
Firebat
This is my favorite Firebat I've tried.
Advaced Marine (Toxic Solider - Green)
This is a marine that looks like he has a super soaker. Underestimating him might be deadly!
Duel Toxic Gas Marine (Green)
This guy one ups the last marine, as he has twin toxic sprayers.
Ghost Marine
This guy has a ghost suit, but is wearing marine armor over it?!
Nightvision Goggles
Add these goggles to your Ghost Marine. :)
Shoulder Lamp
This light straps to a marine's back, giving them a hands free light source from over their shoulder.
Gauss Rifle
A Gauss Rifle attachment for a marine.
Shotgun
Shotgun Effect
Shotgun Missile
A Shotgun attachment for a marine.
Submachine Gun
Submachine Gun Effect
Submachine Gun Missile
A submachine gun attachment for a marine.
Sniper Rifle
Sniper Rifle Effect
Sniper Missile Effect
A sniper rifle attachment for a marine.
Minigun
Minigun Effect
Minigun Missile
A minigun attachment for a marine.
Assault Rifle
Assault Rifle Effect
Assault Rifle Missile
An assault rifle attachment for a marine.
Flame Thrower
Flame Thrower Effect
Flamethrower Effect (Toxic Gas)
A Flame thrower attachment for a marine.
Terran Medic
This is a Terran Medic. Mediocre.
Goliath 1 Size * Quality *
This is a Goliath, but is terribly huge in file size, and doesn't look very good for it.
Goliath 2 Size ** Quality *
This Goliath is more of a crazy walking machine.
Goliath 3 (Killst4r) Size *** Quality ****
This is one of the better Goliaths.
Terran Bunker (stolen?)
This is a Terran bunker. Use the one from the 3D pack instead.​

Zerg
Drone by Markus3832 Size * Quality *
This is a Drone, but I really don't recommend it.
Spawning Pool
A spawning pool.
Defiler Size * Quality *****
This Defiler by Killst4r looks perfect, however, it is the largest model I've ever used. Killst4r seems to be deleting his resources, so I recommend D/L it if you *might* use it, ever. This is perhaps the only defiler in existence that is publicly available.
Scourge
This is one of those Kamikaze Scourage guys.​

Spacey/Tech TERRAIN (Not directly Starcraft)
Tiberium Crystals Size (17kb per crystal) ***** Quality *****
Theses crystals make beautiful spacey doodads.
Black Sebastian Models
These models include buildings, railroad tracks and a observation tower. Useful for cityscapes, but the file sizes are on the large side.
Mucfuc2002 Models
I like the alien fauna models and the experimentation tube models (for research labs.) Beware, the models are nice and require a lot of space, but aren't ridiculous either.
Models by Goldwolf
These models include shelves, computers, chairs and other things that are useful for decorating a Terran interior. I highly recommend them, most of them share a texture and are very good file sizes.
Prism Tower
This thing makes an awesome spacey doodad for all sorts of things, including spaceship interiors.
Destroyed Building
This is a burnt out building good for city scapes, a tad large, but useful.
Radar
This is a model of a personal Radar. Useful for Terran props.
Midgard
This is a miniature midgard model. It looks neat and spacey.
Tower Building
A tower for cityscape.
Floating Center Building
This building looks like one of the 2008 Olympic buildings being constructed.
Suspension Bridge
This bridge is good for cityscape.
Pyramid
This pyramid can be used in cityscape... ever been to Vegas?
Urban Pack I
This is a bunch of burnt out buildings and other post-devastation doodads.
Crystals
These are some crystals.​

Spacey/Tech ITEMS (Not directly Starcraft)
Medic Kit
A med pack model, could be used for a health item.
Models by Goldwolf
These models include shelves, computers, chairs and other things that are useful for decorating a Terran interior. I highly recommend them, most of them share a texture and are very good file sizes.
Electric Sword
Ever since the gun was invented, people have been looking back towards the sword. This one is crystal blue and spacey.
Bottle of Liquid
This bottle of liquid is a good pickup for inside research labs.
Rupee
Sphere Gem
Blue Gem
Green Gem
Pink Gem
These gems are useful for Protoss artifacts. The Rupee is a favorite model for individual crystal pickups for Starcraft maps.
Brute Shot
Ok, ok, so it's from Halo, but it looks damn good. :)
Green Crystal
This crystal looks like it's from legos, but still makes a great and super tiny file size crystal.​

Spacey/Tech UNITS (Not directly Starcraft)
Heavy Truck
A truck that can be used for non-combat vehicles.
Cybernetic Scorpion
This scorpion is partly cybernetic. It could easily be used for a Zerg Hybrid or a Terran experiment.
Rocket Truck
This truck is carrying missiles. It could be part of a supply convoy that needs to be guarded, the missiles being taken to a Terran Nuclear Silo...
Stalker Mech
This mech has a strong science fiction appeal, while still looking a little like an outdated goliath.
Tank
This guy is the Siege Tank's little brother, this is a generic, but well done tank.
Black Droid with Green Highlights
This droid looks quite menacing, but is also quite a commitment to your file size.
Missle Pad *Upgradeable*
This missile pad looks modern, but could be useful for a Zerg/Protoss assault on the Earth. If you make it darker (turn down the tints), it actually works quite well in space, as well. Very reasonable file size.
Droid with Club
This guy will do a nasty number to you if he swings at you. Large file size, though.
Deployable Cannon/Artillery
Another unit with a modern look, this is an artillery cannon.
Destructor Junk Robot
This guy looks like he belongs in Ratchet and Clank. He's made from scrap, but will blow your head off anyways!
Drillbot Junk Robot
The brother to Destructor, this guy is also from the junkyard!
Eurypterus Remipes Bug
This thing kind of looks like a defiler, for a good file size. Or, he can be a new strand of zerg.
Goblin Heavy Bot
A little green goblin is driving this bulky robot. I don't think it breaks theme too badly or goblins might even be incorporated to your story.
Sentry Drone
This drone is awesome, but again with the big file sizes. I can't use it... when will people learn? :sad:
Gunner Sheep
Desperate, the Terrans resorted to using killer attack... sheep? The model is actually quite good if as a drone or something, most people won't even notice there is a sheep under there...
Lotus Attack Mech
Possibly a prototype goliath, the Lotus is a decently sized model.
Trilobite
This beetle looking thing could be a strain of Zerg.
Spider Droid
Need more droids?
Geonosian
This guy looks pretty damn good as a Protoss without armor. If somebody would just make a blue grey texture for him... :p
Diplocaulus
This guy looks like a hammerhead shark/lizard. He's definitely a good alien.
Mech Forklift
This guy looks like a mech forklift. It is actually a modified SCV and won't work with the SCV from the map pack, right now. Still, it is a great unit!
Siege Tower Tank
This tank turns into an elevated turret. Pretty nifty.​

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Pretty useful, I'll sticky this.

Level 5

You fergot the 'proper' medic...not the blue one, but the whie female one. :grin:

The white one is in the unit pack at the top of the list. If you have another link that you'd like to include, if you post it/pm me, I'll happily add it. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Fenrik,all of those r nothing,absolutely nothing,compared to the great Starcraft models in Wc3sear.ch

They had hella better models,including real ghosts,tanks,goliaths,zealots,tanks,and so on

What this is here is...just marines,a few goliaths,and a crappy hatchery and spawning pool :thumbs_down:

Level 12
Excuse my language here, (small children and pregnant women, cover your eyes) but what the hell. He made this list to help people because people want this type of stuff. He took his time, and I guess a lot of it by the size of the list, to fucking help people and you come in and start flaming him. ITS NOT HIS FUCKING FAULT that wcsear.ch is gone, and that they lost some good models. He didn't make the "crappy hatchery and spawning pool", so why the hell are you complaining to him? And there is a lot of good high quality stuff on this list and this site also. Like the 3d pack, first on the list I think, all great stuff.
(Small children and pregnant women, you can open your eyes now.)
..... come on....

Level 5

Fenrik,all of those r nothing,absolutely nothing,compared to the great Starcraft models in Wc3sear.ch

They had hella better models,including real ghosts,tanks,goliaths,zealots,tanks,and so on

What this is here is...just marines,a few goliaths,and a crappy hatchery and spawning pool :thumbs_down:

Do you have copies you can upload and provide links to, so I can add them to the list?

Thanks Chaos Overload.:grin:

Level 5

Fenrik could you possibly try and track down some icons for Protoss buildings? The Mod pack has a horrilby incomplete section of DISBTNs for a lot of stuff. Check and you will know what I mean.

Yeah, I'll look around. My personal map isn't dealing with Protoss until like July, so I haven't used any of the pack's Protoss. I'm sort of hoping that project Revolution will wrap up soon enough that we can just use a uniform, complete, quality, set of material. Granted, that might be like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever...

Level 7
Great work Fenrik! With SCII coming up all I do is test models if they ever can be exported to SCII and ofc spacey/hi-tech models only and make small maps with SC units.

However, there was a Medic model (with blond hair), if you have it could you send it to me? Not the woman Medic that looks like a man, the one with the blond hair and her BTN.

Level 25

The "Ghost" at Search was a reskinned and edited marine. No offense to who made it, but it was... Lacking. The Goliath I think lasted about a day or so. I don't even REMEMBER the Zealot or Siege Tanks

I have this feeling you have what we call "False memories". They make someone think they remember something which they don't. It's surprisingly common

Level 4
I found that the missing sc models were ignored for some reason :mad:

I approved them since there was no reason for their ignore status, i didn't approved killst4r's protoss ship models due to crazy ass poly count of 10k and no death anim, just a stand.

Killst4r's models are great:thumbs_up:

Level 2
Just need more skins for the Zealot Model >_< Oh! Is there a dragoon model yet? Need one of those.

Level 3
Yeah but how sucky does that model look?

Are you always such a pessimist?

I have a zealot model, storm trooper model, photon cannon model, gateway model, killst4r's hydralisk model, a goliath, a siege tank, a barracks, a command center, a wraith, a bunker, medic, scv, probe, dark templar, and a scout model.

If there is one of these not in that SC3D map or already listed, then ask me to upload.

Level 8
hey i did some diggin' on the internet, clicked links ect., and i found that Blizzard may be making things for all the games...WoW Exp., SCII, and it sounded like things for other Blizzard games (like WC3 and perhaps SC), just by the wat the guy talked (dunno the site, it was a talk with a high-blizzard employee about SCII but evolved to talk about WC3:WE, and that SCII will have a super version of WC3: WE. I searched with google. And the conversation sounded like (again) like theres stuff for many of the games...

Level 18
Roughneck;

I saw that too, they had a review about it. Its gunna be like 10x more easier/complicated (they have different forms Omfg!) than wc3. The regions and triggers are going to be like wc3 but more easier to use. Hero Editing data is there, etc.

Im just hyped cause of the Units and Terran, i mean. 3D, with BACKROUNDS! THATS AWESOME!

SiK

SiK

Level 1
Rep+ for this post, very usefully models - i used some of them to my project^^

Thank you!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.