• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Final Discovery - BETA

Hmm...

When I started thinking of creating a map like this, I thought I wouldn't be able to complete it... But well, I did it.

I thought I NEVER would be able to create all those systems that were required, but I created them!

What is this map about?

This map is a "wanna-be" Final Fantasy map. I have created an epic Battlesystem that is good enought to use. You select options with the Arrowkeys and attack enemies in a turn taking battle. Attack with melee, or use spells or skills, escape from too hard battles.

FD1.jpg
FD2.jpg

Well, like I've sad, it's a "Wanna-be" Final Fantasy. You have a party of three heroes, each with unique spells or skills. You use all three of them in battles against enemies or bosses. Because this version of the map ONLY is a BETA - TEST, it may include bugs and other errors.

After this BETA release, I'll start continue on the map, improve systems and other nice stuffs.

Anyway, at the beginning at the map, a person wokes up at an undiscovered Island and he got no memory left; He only know who he is. Well, he will met two persons and they will help him.

FD3.jpg
FD4.jpg

Who created all this?

I did.

Do you want any help?

No, I don't think I'll need any help. Maybe in the future.

What do you want us to do?

I want you, to try out the map, try to cause and find alot of bugs that I can fix (if there is any ^^). If you find any bug, please comment it here.

I ALSO want you to comment here about what you THINK about the map.

Is it fun? Boring? I want to know all your ideas and thoughts.

What am I creating right now?

> Updating the Battle-System
> > Allow enemies to use spells. Done!
> > Improving the "who will attack next" function.
> > Make Characters and enemies face each other.

> Be able to Skip the Cinematic Intro. Done!
FD5.jpg

> A System that allows you to increase your attributes. Done!

Ok, I'm done with the Attribute system. It reminds alittle of Final Fantasy X's Sphere Grid.

Well, to enter the Attribute-thing called "Circles of Power", you have to press ESC (does not work while in cinematic mode or in a battle)

FD-Attri1.jpg

Press Characters...

FD-Attri2.jpg

And then are you able to select one of your three party members, Circles of Power.

Let's pick Tidos.

FD-Attri3.jpg

When we are inside, alot of Circles will be there. All those circles have their own power (Strength, Agility or Intelligence).

FD-Attri4.jpg, FD-Attri5.jpg, FD-Attri6.jpg (The white Circles are empty)

FD-Attri9.jpg

If you got enought AP you'll be able to move to another Circle, increasing an attribute.

FD-Attri8.jpg

Every move cost one AP.

FD-Attri10.jpg

When you've entered a Circle you gain it's powers, but when you gain it, it will be black. A black circle contains used power (you are unable to gain it again). You are able to move at black circles.

> Create Items.

> Continue with the story and the gameplay.

Enemies Information

Ok, here is some information about the Normal Enemies (Not Bosses).

FD-Crab.jpg

Hitpoints: 12
Damage: 1 - 4
Abilities: NONE

FD-SandWolf.jpg

Hitpoints: 18
Damage: 3 - 5
Abilities: NONE

FD-RockGolem.jpg

Hitpoints: 25
Damage: 2 - 7
Abilities: Rock Throw (7 - 10 damage)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Music used ingame: Final Fantasy X

Well, you may complete this BETA version very fast, but the main thing was to test the systems.

(MAP SIZE: 35MB)

Attachments

• Final Discovery (BETA) PROTECTED.zip
    35.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Level 16
Ok, i only tested it a short way (to the first fight actually). And here's what i have to say about it:
  • The battle
    The battle was a little confusing at first, since the keys change. When you select things in the menu, you scroll up and down with the up/down key, but when you select an enemy, you use the right/left. Which i found unnecessary. Keep the confirm/cancel buttons the same at all times.
  • Cinematic/Convos
    I dunno how final the conversations are at this point, but i must say they are dull. My first impression when the bloodelf guy said "I think we can trust him now", i was like "wtf?". It seems too unrealistic.
You have a highpotential project going on, so keep at it.

Level 19
The battle
The battle was a little confusing at first, since the keys change. When you select things in the menu, you scroll up and down with the up/down key, but when you select an enemy, you use the right/left. Which i found unnecessary. Keep the confirm/cancel buttons the same at all times.

I'll change and try play as that and see how I like it.

Cinematic/Convos
I dunno how final the conversations are at this point, but i must say they are dull. My first impression when the bloodelf guy said "I think we can trust him now", i was like "wtf?". It seems too unrealistic.

Haha. ^^ I didn't put so much time into making the Cinematics, I only wanted too create a well working Battle System first. I will remake all cinematics, make them better, and maybe more realistic.

Thank you for testing the map!

Level 13
Well i could see this promising project, but i would change tons of things in battle.

- facing angle should be toward enemies and enemies would face against you when they return to their point.
- all charrecters should be able to particiate in battle (not the sucky change charecter thing)
- enemies should have differend attack speeds (not always you hit twice and then enemies turn)
- after winning fight they should do victory pose and some of them shouldnt dissapear
- healt bar should also show the health you have left. It really looks stupid when its full even if you have 10hp/200hp

Level 19
- facing angle should be toward enemies and enemies would face against you when they return to their point.

I can fix that.

- all charrecters should be able to particiate in battle (not the sucky change charecter thing)

What do you mean? Shall the system automatically change character?

- enemies should have differend attack speeds (not always you hit twice and then enemies turn)

May change, but now character and enemies will have two rounds each to attack with, except if the characters using a spell or skill.

- after winning fight they should do victory pose and some of them shouldnt dissapear

I'll maybe add that.

- healt bar should also show the health you have left. It really looks stupid when its full even if you have 10hp/200hp

Hmm, I'll have too find a way creating it then.

Thanks for testing the map!

Level 19
The Problem is your terrain, and the trees in the battle mode, they block your sight sometimes.

Your terrain seriously needs much work. So work on it, but looks good so far.

First of all, I'm not a terrainer >_>'

And I I am able to fix the camera angles to avoid the trees to block the view.

Indeed i ment that it should automaticly change the charrecter after attack, like in final fantasy games.

Ah, you mean in that way. Well I love Final Fantasy X and I may recreate the system so it changes characters in that way.

Level 15
THE GAME TOTALLY PAWNS! Just some suggestions.
-The camera should not be so random in movement.
-Make the players have the option of skipping the first cinematic.
-Give players hints and such on the areas in form of the characters' speech.
-Is it possible to kill death the the 2 acolytes at the early stages of the game? If not, why are they there.
Other than that, good job.

Level 13
-Is it possible to kill death the the 2 acolytes at the early stages of the game? If not, why are they there.

Thats where my story ended. I decided early battle shouldnt take 2 fucking hours and they only hit like 5damage to 3x100hp. just stupid even if it was possible to kill them.

Level 19
Well, thats no excuse, to say I am not a terrainer and simply leave the terrain, check some terrain showcase and practice. Only like this you can make your map perfect.

The Terrain is the LAST thing I'll think of.

Hehe, thanks ;)

1) When is it random in movement?

2) Ok, I'll fix.

3) Maybe.

4) DEATH and the two acolytes is only a BETA Boss. I'll remove them when I continue on the story. They are just there to give you a challenge.

Thanks again. :)

Level 13
The Terrain is the LAST thing I'll think of.

Hehe, thanks ;)

1) When is it random in movement?

2) Ok, I'll fix.

3) Maybe.

4) DEATH and the two acolytes is only a BETA Boss. I'll remove them when I continue on the story. They are just there to give you a challenge.

Thanks again. :)

And dont do boss fights that are just smacking. They should cast differend spells with differend effects etc.....there are tons of ways to make unique bosses. Like in many ff games Sometimes the bosses go "shield" mode where you shouldnt attack it (charrecters should warn about this or something). If you attack it it will cast a spell.

That might be a bad example but still it would be improvement to hack and slash.

Level 19
And dont do boss fights that are just smacking. They should cast differend spells with differend effects etc.....there are tons of ways to make unique bosses. Like in many ff games Sometimes the bosses go "shield" mode where you shouldnt attack it (charrecters should warn about this or something). If you attack it it will cast a spell.

That might be a bad example but still it would be improvement to hack and slash.

Well, the system does not support spellcasting from enemies... YET! I'll open World Editor right know and update the battle system.

I'll release another version of the map if I'm able to complete alot of stuffs today.

Ok, I've added a "What am I creating right now?" on my first post. Read there if you want to know what I'm creating.

Enemies are now ABLE TO USE SPELLS!! :D

Ok, I've created a system now, that makes you able to increase stats. I'll post pictures soon.

Ok, I've posted pictures and information about the attribute system now. You are able to see them under the "What am I creating right now?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.