• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Champions of the Island [Hero Arena]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey , I am Okunevic and I would like you to present my project , called Champions of the Island (previous name was Never Ending Agony , but it didn't fit in with the terrain very well)

News:Now we have a forum , www.championsoftheisland.ipbfree.com

Storyline:Legend has it that in the middle of Azeroth, there is an island where only the most powerful dare to venture upon. This was a mere folk tale until the greatest champions of each race received a challenge scroll from the "Guardian" called Slannesh. Each champion took on the challenge and ventured onto the island. That is where legendary champions will clash. (credits to zack1996)

Features:
Heroes : 18 unique , different and balanced heroes , providing fair gameplay for every single player ; (I'll spend long time to find the perfect balance)

Unique skill system : each hero will have 4 skills , upgradeable at level 1 . Each of these skills will have 10 levels , but maximum hero level will be 20 (or 25 , not 100% sure now) so players will have to actually think , what kind of ability builds should they make , and every skill in every level will count ;

Bounty system : Player's won't get any gold for killing units , they will get gold per each successful strike/spell that they will cast , more powerful the spells will be , more gold will be achieved . Also for killing mythical creatures and enemy heroes , players will be awarded with Runes , for which they will be able to achieve great and powerful weapons , armors and other items .

Experience system : Player heroes won't get experience for killing their enemies , instead , you will have to exchange your gold for experience (10 gold=1 exp) . This will make sure players stay active all the time (since easiest way of gaining gold will be spellcasting) ;

Boss fight system : Each time a certain boss's (A.K.A. Mythical Beast's) event starts , entrance to his lair will open . When player enters the lair , it closes , leaving the hero in 1v1 fight against the boss . Bosses will be able to cast spells , and also they will have special events (not going to reveal any of them in this description). Also if boss's attacker dies , boss fully restores it's
HP , MP and all ability cooldowns , along with all special abilities , thus making sure there won't be any Last Hitting and Kill Stealing . Also bosses will drop good and useful items ;

The Last Fight : There will be 4 obelisks in the map , Obelisk of Fire , Obelisk of Frost , Obelisk of Nature and Obelisk of Life . To activate each obelisk , you need to donate 50 000 gold to each one . (The amount donated won't be individual , so for example : player 1 donates 10k gold and player 2 donates 15k gold , so the total amount of gold donated will be 25k gold) . Once all obelisks are activated , Slannesh will appear . He won't move but he'll have high endurance , damage , range and of course , wide assortment of various spells (which will become stronger in time , so don't leave him be once you summon him) ;

People I am looking for :
GUI or JASS spellmaker (I sometimes run out of ideas)
Tooltip writers (I need someone who can write detailed tooltips in proper , fluent english (I make some grammar mistakes or typo's sometimes)
Terrainer (I really need one)
Modeler-Upgrade ,
Icon maker (the map surely could use some unique icons)
Testers/Bug Finders-anderf ,
Idea/Suggestion givers
Someone who can make a website for the map (we will be popular) ;]

For Pandaria !!!!
screen4-1.jpg

Scary , isn't he ?
screen3-1.jpg

Slannesh himself (better not to mess with this guy)
slannesh.jpg

Shadomancers are able to hit enemy souls directly (ouch , that's gotta hurt)
screen1-1.jpg

Who said that flowers are useless ?
screen2-1.jpg

For the Light !!!
screen01.jpg

Taste my Arrows !!
screen02.jpg

Say hello to my imps !!!
screen03.jpg

PS.:Special thanks to Redscores for the terrain

Last edited:
Level 7
The name is much better than the previous map, by the way. The game looks a lot cooler now, than the previous thread, although I think you should have included ultimate spells for the map. I could do some tooltips, but frankly, I'm not going to sit down and do 72 tooltips.

If you need any testers, I wanna try it.

Level 15
EXCELLENT TERRAIN! I see you changed the cactus, the flowers look funny but cool :D
Fancy getting trapped by flowers. The panda looks nice, I hope to see some nice drunken fists or something for him :D.
I realised that the panda seem to have some blue thingy on its head, whats the effect? Maybe explain some of the spells :D
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MAP!

Level 6
EXCELLENT TERRAIN! I see you changed the cactus, the flowers look funny but cool :D
Fancy getting trapped by flowers. The panda looks nice, I hope to see some nice drunken fists or something for him :D.
I realised that the panda seem to have some blue thingy on its head, whats the effect? Maybe explain some of the spells :D
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MAP!

Thx alot ;] The terrain was done by Redscores , not me btw .
So you want more info about panda's skillls eh ? ^^ Fine ;] :
1st skill is called Strenght of Alcohol , at max level it gives you +60 STR for 30 seconds , but it has after effect : -90 STR and -40% attack speed for 30 sec.
2nd skill is called Ale of Swiftness , at max level it gives you +60 AGI for 30 seconds , but it has after effect : -90 AGI and -60% move speed for 30 sec.
3rd skill is called Sake of Wisdom , at max level it gives you +60 INT for 30 seconds , but it has after effect : -90 INT and -20 MP/s mana degeneration.
4rth skills is called Drunken Master's Style : While Drunken Master (the panda) is in the Drunken Master's state , each time melee attacker hits him , he will be knocked back and damaged for short duration .

Level 6
Well , currently I'm not trying to actually balance them , I'm just making them and I'll balance them when all heroes are done ^^

Level 15
I hope you don't mind me giving some of the heroes I suggested elsewhere but was not accepted :p. I will create some new suggestions as well.

TranquilNature
Ancient of War/Ancient Protector Model

Abilities
• 1st Ability - > Roots Field: Summons a field of vines that will entangle enemy units near it. Increases duration of vine field and damage per second for entangle.

• 2nd Ability - > Vine Hold: Throws a vine at an enemy/target location (whichever you prefer) and grabs the enemy/ the first target the vine touches and moves the unit to you. Each level increases damage and range

• 3rd Ability - > Photosynthesis: The guardian is like any other tree and can photosynthesise at night, granting increased mana and health regen. Each level increases regen.

• 4th Ability - > Leaf Storm: Causes sharp, blade-like leaves to revolve around the guardian, damaging the units it touches. Each level increases damage and number of leaves.

BlackArmoured
Carrion Beetle model tinted golden

Abilities
• 1st Ability - > Burrow: Burrows underground to hide from his enemies, provides invisibility, armour and bonus hp regeneration. Each level increases hp regen.

• 2nd Ability - > Tunnel: Tunnels through the ground, moving to the target point and damaging units from your current point to that target point. Has a cast time if the scarab is not burrowed and no cast time if the scarab is burrowed. Each level increases damage and range and reduces cast time if scarab is not burrowed.

• 3rd Ability - > Earth Guard: The Scarab is one with the Earth and has been granted protection by it, an earthquake will occur at its position once every few seconds and damages and stuns. Each level reduces the delay between the earthquakes and increases the effect of the earthquakes.

• 4th Ability - > Pinsir Crush: Crushes the target with the Scarab's pinsir, crushing its armour. Stuns the target and causing the target to lose armour. Also causes it to take more damage from the scarab's other abilities. Increases damage, armour reduction and extra damage taken.

Rocky
Rock Golem Model

Abilities
• 1st Ability - > Pick Rock: Picks up a rock from the ground, increasing attack damage but reducing movement speed slightly. Maximum of a certain number of rocks which increases per level. No mana cost, cooldown decreases per level.

• 2nd Ability - > Rock Prison: Causes rocks to burst from the ground, surrounding a unit. The rocks will slowly crumble and can be destroy. Time health of rocks will increase per level, taking longer times to crumble.

• 3rd Ability - > Rock Armour: Increases armour per level, also adds extra armour according to how many rocks you have. Max of a certain armour bonus.

• 4th Ability - > Rock Bombardment: Bombards an area with rocks, dealing damage and leaving the hurled rock at the point, obstructing enemy movement. Throws rocks according to how many rocks you have and rocks thrown can be picked up. Increases damage per rock.

Pyro
FireLord model tinted red

Abilities
• 1st Ability - > Fire Punch: Pyro rushes to a point and punches the first unit it hits. Stuns the target and deals damage. Increases damage, distance rushed and stun duration. (Animation: Plays attack animation, animation speed is set to 0% until a target is hit or until distance is reached.)

• 2nd Ability - > Flame UpperCut: Pyro UpperCuts a target unit, dealing damage per instance upwards and bonus damage upon the units falling. Need to click up to do damage, each click increases height, height determines falling damage. Each level increases damage per click and height per click. (Animation: Plays spell channel animation, animation speed to about 10% to look like he is puching upwards)

• 3rd Ability - > Fire Fist: Each attack causes the target to ignite in flames, dealing damage per second. Each level increases duration and damage per second.

• 4th Ability - > Flame Combo: Attacks the target with a barrage of fire attacks, dealing damage per attack. Each level increases damage per attack and number of attacks.

Level 4
Damn, Flame fighter sounds pretty good!

Well, scarab is nice too, the tunnel is nice :O, burrow balances it, but flame fighter sounds more like a fist fighter! But anyways, flame fighter ftw?...!

Level 15
The Fire Fighter IS a fighter, thats what makes him special! Most people would not think of using the FireLord Model for a fighter hero and I just happen to think of it a while ago.

You might want to give the Fire Fighter an attachment on his hand, the model of the attachment should be the Fire Lord's Projectile.

BTW: I sent you a friend invitation (Okunevic, Black Crown)

Level 2
I would love to test this, shoot me a pm!

on a side note, i wouldn't do the panda skills. it's too uncreative, maybe +30 all stats with 1 skill, and after it's over -15 stats or something.

Level 6
Arch Druid , Drunken Master , Faceless Swordsman , Shadomancer , War Paladin , Blood Elf Champion , Reaper's Right Hand and Master Hunter are ready , working on Loner atm (spell caster , adept with cursing and weakening his enemies(

Status
Not open for further replies.