• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hammath I. Mastodorr (Character Art)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Work in progress, feedback appreciated!

2nd Sep 2010:
HIM-WIP12.png

HIM-WIP12Full.png

14th Oct 2010:
HIM-WIP13Full.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Awesome light on this one. The light on his skin, boots and shoulders, really neat.
At first glance the pose looked perfect. It's almost. Looking at it i have the slightly impression that he have no abs. Well, actually maybe if you take a shot of a real person in that exactly pose this person would have no abs too.

Impressive work so far.

Looks great for now. I like the hair ^^ but not the left (his left) shoulder. The shading is too hard and it give impression of wierd shape. Here is a crapy image that will show you what I mean. First is a shoulder as you want it to be (I belive) and second, is how the shading making it to looks like.

Attachments

• ShoulderProblem.jpg
    ShoulderProblem.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 181

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Looks great for now. I like the hair ^^ but not the left (his left) shoulder. The shading is too hard and it give impression of wierd shape. Here is a crapy image that will show you what I mean. First is a shoulder as you want it to be (I belive) and second, is how the shading making it to looks like.

Thanks, I haven't really settled on how I want his pauldrons to be, but I see what you mean.

Level 31
He has bewbs D:

that.

i think the left (his left :D) shoulder is alright the way it is.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Hm, interesting that you should say that. I chose Hammath, from the Bible actually, because I feel that it has a sense of power within it. Mastodorr derives from mastodon which is a breed of mammoth (if I am not mistaken) and resembles strength and endurance. The middle-name is not yet determined, but it's there to maintain the acronym HIM that I used as his initial name.

Thanks for your feedback, and if the name gives you an idea of Wolverine and Churchill, then that's something I'd love to work more on if/when I develop a background story and personality for this guy.

Oh, and guys.. boobs? You mean his chest is too large or is it the shading (and smoothness of the skin)?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

(BUMP- updated.)

He seem to be shrinking in size, I don't know what's happening! Anyway, worked some on the shoulder yesterday (might scrap it, 'cause I'm not so happy with it).. figured I could use that as an excuse to bump this. Maybe some wise wanderer will pass through and throw me some advice!

(BUMP- updated.)

He seem to be shrinking in size, I don't know what's happening! Anyway, worked some on the shoulder yesterday (might scrap it, 'cause I'm not so happy with it).. figured I could use that as an excuse to bump this. Maybe some wise wanderer will pass through and throw me some advice!

I would.. if I could saw better..

Level 7
Ohh, those flames... they look sooo plastic. work on them. I suppose there's no need to tell that you should do his right shoulder to look like the left... detailed and smooth. If this guy's from the bible (If i got it right), how can he be wearing glasses anyway? They didn't exist in that time... Well, it's imagination i suppose :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Work on those flame some more...
and those white thingies that fly around them, seriously.

Ohh, those flames... they look sooo plastic. work on them. I suppose there's no need to tell that you should do his right shoulder to look like the left... detailed and smooth. If this guy's from the bible (If i got it right), how can he be wearing glasses anyway? They didn't exist in that time... Well, it's imagination i suppose :D

This is a WIP, I haven't got to the magic stuff yet, I'm not even close to finishing his shoulders, let alone the rest, which is just a quick doodle. I thought that was obvious.

Anyway, no, he's not from the Bible. How did you pick that up? The name Hammath is taken from the Bible, but it's not because it's in the Bible I chose it nor does this character have anything to do with the Hammath in the Bible (who I, frankly, don't know anything about).

Sorry if I sound harsh, but this really is a perfect example of people replying to threads without reading. Both of you.

Level 7
This is a WIP, I haven't got to the magic stuff yet, I'm not even close to finishing his shoulders, let alone the rest, which is just a quick doodle. I thought that was obvious.

Anyway, no, he's not from the Bible. How did you pick that up? The name Hammath is taken from the Bible, but it's not because it's in the Bible I chose it nor does this character have anything to do with the Hammath in the Bible (who I, frankly, don't know anything about).

Sorry if I sound harsh, but this really is a perfect example of people replying to threads without reading. Both of you.

Hm, interesting that you should say that. I chose Hammath, from the Bible actually, because I feel that it has a sense of power within it. Mastodorr derives from mastodon which is a breed of mammoth (if I am not mistaken) and resembles strength and endurance. The middle-name is not yet det...

Ah, it's only about the name.... well, whatever. And yes, he does have something to do with the bible character, since you stated it in a post before... the name is supposed to be strong/powerful.

(At the beginning of the thread (Before the pics)):Work in progress, feedback appreciated!

Didn't I just write some "Feedback"? Both me and Devine? Please read and remember your own posts before posting. Thanks.
And We "Suggested" You work on them. Wip is basically everything that is asking for something to be fixed. So... We have every right to write something like that down.

Oh, and btw you said the middle name has not been yet decided... So, what's that I in the middle? Whatever now.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The name is supposed to be powerful, yeah, but that's because of the name, the sound of it, not because of the character in the Bible. If the Hammath in the Bible is a powerful entity, then I consider myself lucky to hit such a coincidence. Even so, this character does not have any intentional relation to the Bible, other than the fact I was aware Hammath is a name used in the Bible (according to sources anyway).

The I in the middle is from the working name, HIM, and an I is not exactly a middle name. If you got any ideas for a middle name on I, shoot.

It's not constructive criticism when you criticise something that hasn't been worked on. If you read my posts, you'd realize the only parts that are nearing completion are the head, shoulders and chest.

Thus, feedback would either be giving input on what I'm showing (ie head and shoulders) or shooting in ideas for something new. I don't need you telling me that something I haven't finished isn't finished, because I know. Everybody can tell.

Lastly, if you took my comment as an offence, I'm sorry, I was in a rather bad mood already (both now and yesterday), and your comments didn't exactly help that.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Does it have a particular meaning, or is it just a name based on another name?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Hmm i dislike its hair but imo it could be artwork of a hero in the game LOL :p
:\

Shiik, please update (if done some changes), I would like to see the next update.
I haven't worked on it yet.

Holy crap that hair

Why does he got shrinked though?
What's with the hair?

He's smaller in the most recent WIP because I zoomed out more before I took the picture. The original picture is 2000x2000 pixels, and the final version will also be that large, which is a little impractical to upload in full size.

Level 30

I wasn't talking about the WIP-ish state of the flames. The colors are odd, just one color and that's pink. Have you ever seen a flame that only has one color? The shape is a bit weird too compared to his pose. Why would he hold a flame like that? He just burns his elbows. The flame is magic, right. You could make it stay together like an orb. Magic can do that.

The white stuff just looks weird. Wip or not. If I paint something, I don't randomly smear white paint over it.

I also did read your thread and you didn't mention that your flames were wip anywhere. Even if that was what I ment, your argument still would be invalid.

You weren't harsh, you were downright rude and next time I've got a comment on your stuff, I'll just keep it for myself.

Level 7
I wasn't talking about the WIP-ish state of the flames. The colors are odd, just one color and that's pink. Have you ever seen a flame that only has one color? The shape is a bit weird too compared to his pose. Why would he hold a flame like that? He just burns his elbows. The flame is magic, right. You could make it stay together like an orb. Magic can do that.

The white stuff just looks weird. Wip or not. If I paint something, I don't randomly smear white paint over it.

I also did read your thread and you didn't mention that your flames were wip anywhere. Even if that was what I ment, your argument still would be invalid.

You weren't harsh, you were downright rude and next time I've got a comment on your stuff, I'll just keep it for myself.

About the pink: It's supposed to be just style I think. There are protoss with those particle effect of pixels, and that's even more ridiculous than Pink fire.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, Jaret, you're right. Thanks.

The colours are odd, because it's a WIP. It's just one colour, because it's a WIP. The shape might be weird, and it's because it's a WIP. He "holds a flame like that" and burns his elbows, because it's a WIP. I might or might not make an orb, either way, it's a WIP and anything can happen. Right now, they serve as a light-source and they will continue to regardless of what shape I choose to make them in.
I don't care if the white stuff looks weird, because it's a WIP. Maybe you don't, but I do.
I didn't mention that it was a WIP?
Work in progress, feedback appreciated!
It seems I did.
My impression of your comment was similar. I'm glad you'll keep it to yourself next time.

The colours are odd, because it's a WIP. It's just one colour, because it's a WIP. The shape might be weird, and it's because it's a WIP. He "holds a flame like that" and burns his elbows, because it's a WIP. I might or might not make an orb, either way, it's a WIP and anything can happen. Right now, they serve as a light-source and they will continue to regardless of what shape I choose to make them in.

I didn't mention that it was a WIP?

HAHA, that post just made my day, hehe

anyhow, show us MORE WIP! because apperently the last 7 times you mention WIP wasn't for ''New WIP!''.... I'm just saying, use the word diffrently for next time :p you get quite repetitive... XD

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

:D

I'll post a new progress shot when I have done progress. I'm working on too many projects right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.