• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling: Deolrin vs PROXY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
The Hive Workshop

Challenge

Challenge Arena Rules:
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme:

Subject:
Modeling

Theme:
Warcraft Heroes
(The two participants must create a hero that fits the Warcraft universe. The hero must be a part of a Warcraft race, or at least, be similar to one. Either way, it must belong in the Warcraft universe.)

Challenger: Deolrin

Opponent(s): PROXY

Challenge Duration: 14 days(until the 3rd of September).

Proposed Reputation Award: 10 points.

Challenge judging: Judges:
  • HappyTauren
  • Kwaliti

Model-specific conditions:

File size: Unlimited.

Polycount: Reasonable(preferably below 2500, but not limited, so long as it looks good in-game).

Other: The base of the model should be an existing Warcraft 3 model. Scratch-made parts are allowed, so long as the main 'bulk' of the model isn't scratch-made. Scratch-made animations are allowed. The models must have a hero glow.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Level 51
Pyrix.PNG

Let me introduce you Pyrix Hellfire - Female Goblin Warlock.

Still WIP, Pink colours are TC. Gonna fix the head, add a bit hair, give her an awesome staff, make her an alternate demon form and much more!

Level 49
That's looking real good so far, PROXY. Nice job on her chest and hat, especially. ^^

Alright then, here's an early WIP of my Centaur Flamecaller.

CentaurFlamecaller.png

Still much to do. Particles, replace the hooves, armor on the horse part, work on the human part some more, etc. But I'm getting there, after two days of slacking. :p

EDIT:

WarpaintTest1.png WarpaintTest1Alt.png WarpaintTest2.png WarpaintTest2Alt.png

Trying out some variations of warpaint, per suggestion by a friend. Not sure if I like that idea at all...

Last edited:
Level 5
Who gonna make Scratch-made animations when they can totally use transfer animations on their model anyway?

Level 51
New WIP: Alternate.PNG
attachment.php

With the help of Reveras new tool I gave her a alternate demon form edited out of the demonhunter's one, though it is a bit buggy.

At the end of Pyrix's normal attack, the demonhunter form suddenly appears for a second and then dissapears again, but only ingame. In magos nothing like that happens :/

Last edited:
Level 49
Alright, I've sort of been procrastinating lately and didn't work much on the model at all(mostly because I felt too lazy after school, and my vacation was over since Monday). This weekend, I tried to push to make as much progress as I could. So here's my latest WIP:

CentaurFlamecaller.png BoneCrest.png

I gave him a big bone crest\trophy rack on the back, decided on a face + war paint that I liked, gave him armor, chains, eye glow, and a lot of other things. ^^

I think the main mesh for the model is more or less done. I guess I've got 2 days to make the portrait and particle effects.

Level 51
Looks really nice, though there is somehow missing something. The overall last finishing part which makes it look really awesome, if you know what I mean.

I'd suggest more epic claws, a bulkier human body (just a little bit), planes of clothes going down from the „saddle“ of the horsepart, more epic and a bit more centaurish looking shoulderpads and a waaay better texture for thr totem, it's totally blurry. Making the hood tc and making the horse part a bit bulkier would be cewl too :)

Definition of epic: make it look a bit more unique/awesome but not toooo imba :)

Btw. I've decided to remove the demon form, going to upload my entry soon!.

Haha, I was actually joking, you're free to extend this as much as you want (well, as long as there is THW), I was just noticing that you're around the deadline, so if it was a personal challenge for you two, I thought the deadline might mean something :D Well, if it doesn't, I will simply judge once you've both finished your models or until one gives up.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wow, I'm really liking both of these entries here.

Proxy, that Goblin is creative and interesting. Although the human-ish stance & size are a bit weird, I love the creative texture use.

Deolrin, there aren't nearly enough Centaurs, and I like the bits of originality. I really like the bone-skull-rack-thing adorning the back.

Hope to see more like this. Who knows, this could make a good 'normal' contest (with a bit of scratch-modelling allowed).

Level 49
Might be something with 'Wrap Height' and 'Wrap Width' on the texture.

Also... I've been having lots of trouble recently. I am unable to open the Centaur's portrait in any program other than Magos, so I can't make a proper portrait for my model... For example, in Vertex Modifier, as soon as I try to open Geoset 1 of the portrait, it crashes with a "runtime error" message. In MDLVis, it just gets stuck infinitely and never opens. Same for Milkshape. Do you happen to know what's going on? Are you also unable to open it?
That's pretty much the last thing I need to do before I can release my model... :(

Level 5
I think the sharp part of the scyther must be underneath so she can slice some one's head off!

Level 51
Okay, no need for actual hurry ;) MDLVis is really totally easy, you navigate like in milkshape, by pressing the scroll button you turn around, UV editor speaks for itself, you can just select a part of a mesh (only one geoset) from one model and simply Copy and Paste it to the other model. And jeah, if you got any other questions, feel free to ask ^.^

Level 5
Hm, seem like you use too much color in that centaur, i think we need a main color theme or the model 'll look like a rainbow stuff.

Level 49
Hell. It's about time...

Centaur Flamecaller
CentaurFlamecallerIngame1.png CentaurFlamecallerIngame2.png CentaurFlamecallerIngame3.png CentaurFlamecallerIngame4.png
CentaurFlamecallerScreenshot.png

Centaurs follow a shamanistic faith, but their brand of shamanism differs much from that of the Horde's. Centaurs invoke blood rituals and call upon violent, unstable spirits in order to destroy their enemies, whether centaur or orc. Although most centaur shamans prefer to invoke the Spirits of Wind, enslaving and hurting them to awaken the darkest and most violent part of their existence to call upon monsoons and lighting storms, some among their ranks believe that the Spirits of Fire are the supreme weapons of destruction. The most powerful among those practitioners are named Flamecallers, for it is within their abilities to call upon the spirits of fire to incinerate anything that stands in their path. The Flamecallers are feared among their Tauren enemies, for they(perhaps not so foolishly) believe that a union of the warring Centaur tribes, and consequently, the union and cooperation of all currently existing Flamecallers would bring upon the fiery end of the world, as the earth will sunder and quake at their power and all shall feel the fiery wrath of the Spirits of Fire.

P.S: The particles are screwed up in Magos, so I definitely suggest viewing them in-game. Also, Fan, I think you should find a 2nd judge of your own. ^^ I'm fine with whoever you want to judge this.

Attachments

• CentaurFlamecaller.mdx
    159.3 KB · Views: 90
  • CentaurFlamecaller_Portrait.mdx
    43.1 KB · Views: 79

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Ah, so went with the chain-blindfold, eh? Really looks spiffy, there, Deolrin. I rather like the looks of that twisty-fire-snake thing. It's not often enough that people make solid models to complement in-game stuff & enhance the other races out.
(And now with this done, those Trolls might get some love. :p )

Level 51
23.PNG

Here's ma entry too. Wasn't able to get the freaking animated texture running, oh well.

Pyrix Hellfire, a goblin warlock, which didn't want to always be under the hands of the bilgewater-cartell decided to go on travel on her own, on the ultimate seek of power. With her diabolic hellfire and her souldrinker-scythe, her enemies are without any chance.

Attachments

• PyrixHellFire_Portrait.mdx
    39.7 KB · Views: 76
  • PyrixHellFire.mdx
    198.6 KB · Views: 73
Level 51
Am I hallucinating or this is actually over?

I had to check twice to be sure too.

Haha. Seems so. A good two weeks too late. Oh well.
School's a bitch and GW2 is awesome. :3

Totally true ^^ Btw. epic model Deolrin, didn't have time yet to take a look on it earlier, need to do now!

Status
Not open for further replies.