• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Debode vs JokeMaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
The Hive Workshop
Challenge Request

Challenge Arena Rules:
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme:
Modeling

Challenger: Debode

Opponent: JokeMaster

Challenge Duration: Until the 17th of February.

Proposed Reputation Award: 5

Challenge judging: HappyTauren and Pyramidhe@d(Appointed Judges).

Model-specific conditions:

File size: Unlimited.

Polycount: Below 2500.

Other: The model-edit must only use in-game textures and in-game animations. The model-edit must be a hero and must have hero-glow as well as a dissipate animation. The model-edit must be based on an existing in-game model. You may create scratch-made components for the model, such as a weapon or armor, or any accessories but the main model must be based on a model which exists in Warcraft.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Level 48
Alright, early WIP. I'm going for a Frostwolf orc riding on a frost wolf. Only the wolf is in progress so far, I didn't touch the rider too much yet.

Attachments

• Frostwolf_Outrider.png
    Frostwolf_Outrider.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
Level 16
Bah i can't get enough time.I think i will use the whole termin to the 17th.
Edit:
Can i use the beta shadows hunter voodoo mask? Or can i use only thos from that one in mpq

Last edited:
Level 13
...yeah, Thrall's model is nicely done :razz:

On a serious note:

Deolrin, Raider animations on that? Also I hope you're not going to use Thrall's face... my suggestion is to go Grom.
Jokemaster, so it's a Jungle Troll DH? Give it a twist, give it a real Jungle Troll feel, some skulls 'n' things.

Anyway, early WIPs are early WIPs... we want moar! =D

Level 16
Ok it's not a dh coz GF made one(probably) anyway i found a model that looks like GF's Voodoo Hunter but in blue and then i got my inspiration.So i started modeling and made this guy but he is a island troll predator, skilled in sneaking and silently killing his enemies. To be shure its my work and not GF's here i post this island voodoo hunter and when i finish i'll post my model somewhere.Anyway it's WIP time :
and
[
Other: The model-edit must only use in-game textures and in-game animations. The model-edit must be a hero and must have hero-glow as well as a dissipate animation. The model-edit must be based on an existing in-game model. You may create scratch-made components for the model, such as a weapon or armor, or any accessories but the main model must be based on a model which exists in Warcraft.

Attachments

• Troll.JPG
    Troll.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Voodoo Hunter.rar
    182.4 KB · Views: 42
Level 48
Oh... Damn, sorry.

I misunderstood your post, and, well, I apology, JokeMaster. Oh well. I even accidentally reported it... Damn. Oh well. Let's forget about it, please. I'm working on my model and I'm actually very close to finishing, and I must say I'm surprised for good from that screenshot. Good luck and I hope you'll finish it in time. It actually looks pretty good.

And, Fan, lol... Sorry, I meant JokeMaster. :p

Level 16
A bit LOL guys...I think i'll post it tomorrow afternoon if i can if not i'll post it on wensday morning.

[Edit]
IT's WIP time:

Attachments

• 1233.JPG
    1233.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 231
Level 16
New update i think it's almost ready...(BTW he has earrings from bm 2 in each ear but the camera is too far and they're unvisible).

Attachments

• bez tytułu.JPG
    bez tytułu.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 175
Level 48
Alright... Here it is. The Frostwolf Outrider. Eh, probably not my best work...

~Frostwolf Outrider~

These brave orcish warriors of the Frostwolf clan are mounted on a war-trained Frost Wolf and equipped with a razor-sharp thorium axe. Their powerful strikes can pierce through the toughest armors and their commanding voice would lead even the most cowardly of fighters into battle. They are not well armored, however; their fit chest is bare, and the small fur shoulder-pads are mainly used for warming the orcish veterans during the cold winters of the Alterac mountains, rather than for blocking the steel blades and piercing arrows of the Alliance. However, in honor for their ancestors and the Frost Wolves of the mountains which live amongst their clan members, and for the Warchief of the Horde - those elite warriors will dash into battle with pride and honor against the Human Alliance and any creature foolish enough to engage the grizzled warriors.

FrostwolfOutriderScreenshot.png FrostwolfOutriderIngame.png FrostwolfOutriderIngame2.png

Attachments

• FrostwolfOutrider.rar
    108.5 KB · Views: 65
Level 16
So here go I ( i think i have lost already when debode had his idea)
So here comes my Island Troll Predator
Island Troll Predator

Predators are elite warriors and mercenaries of the troll tribes. Skilled in silent eliminaiting their enemies there is no one who fears them not.With spears and razor claws they cut their enemies im many pieces and as trophys they take their heads. Fear becouse one of them can be right behind you.

Attachments

• Predator.rar
    109.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 244
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 185
Level 48
I wish you the best of luck, eagerly awaiting judging results right now. As for your model - I really love how you did his claw weapon and I like your idea with the spear sheath on his back. However, you should remove his Demon-form related nodes(sounds and such) and you could have made the earrings at least two-sided, or, in the better case, billboarded. Also, you could have made a geoset animation for the spear to disappear in the "Spell Throw" animation for a cool spear-throwing animation. ^^

Level 16
I wish you the best of luck, eagerly awaiting judging results right now. As for your model - I really love how you did his claw weapon and I like your idea with the spear sheath on his back. However, you should remove his Demon-form related nodes(sounds and such) and you could have made the earrings at least two-sided, or, in the better case, billboarded. Also, you could have made a geoset animation for the spear to disappear in the "Spell Throw" animation for a cool spear-throwing animation. ^^
You know that i am not so good as you in modeling right? I tried to make those earrings two sided but this sh** doesn't work. I have removed most of the nodes but i didn't want to remove the sounds(too big risico to remove the right ones).Oh and thank you my brother brought me the claw idea when i was playing with him with this bionicle stuff(yes I am a bit too old for it).To the animations yes i thought about something in this kind; If i will have enough time i try to make it.

EDIT: Why do you all want those skulls on him?
Edit2: Good luck 4 u too.

Last edited:
Level 16
Oh ok thanks. I wondered wich footsteps belong to the normal form (the rest had alternate in their names how u said so it was quite easy to find them) so i left them unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.