• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Debode vs JokeMaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
D Good wrap             + 10
J Some minor and major
  wrapping errors       + 8

Mesh
D Wc3 Standard          + 5
J Wc3 Standard          + 5

Texture Choice
D Fitting, creative     + 10
J Just fitting          + 8

Completeness
D Complete hero         + 10
J Complete hero         + 10

Animation Choice
D Fitting, not overdone + 8
J Not really fitting
(spear weapon) and a bit
overdone (many more
anims than needed)      + 6

Technical and Extra
D Glow - done +1
  Events - done +1
  Particles - fitting +2
  Colisson objects - done +1
  Attachments - done +1
J Glow - done +1
  Events - done +1
  Particles - none and not needed +1
  Colisson objects - done +1
  Attachments - done +1
Total
D       +6
J       +5

Mistakes
D Unused bones - a few -1
  Unused materials - none
  Unused textures - none
J Unused bones - a few -1
  Unused materials - two -1
  Unused textures - more than five - 1
Total
D       -1
J       -3

In game appearance:
I prefer Debode's model to JokeMasters for
In-game appearance, they both look fine, 
but Debode's model looks more fitting
because of the animations, so +2 for Debode

Creativity:
Debode gains +5 points on this one for utilizing
a great number of textures while making them
look fine.
JokeMaster gets +2 on this one, some texture use
is a nice touch, but not as appealing as in
Debode's model.

TOTAL:
Debode..................55
Jokemaster..............41
Sorry for being extremely mean and picking out details, but I'm sort of a perfectionist.

When it comes to both technical stuff and general usability, Debode's model wins, though it doesn't mean it doesn't have some minor faults of its own.

Last edited:
Mesh – well since this was pretty much a geo-merging and rigging exercise, the quality of the mesh is the most important aspect of this contest, hence why it has max of 15 point. This point takes inconsideration the quality of the mesh as well as its creativity.

Animation – using ingame anims. Obviously, the more suitable one, compared to the mesh used will score higher. Only max of 5 points though

Skin – same as the judging criteria for animation. Max of 5

Effects – well I thought this was pretty much a section where anyone can go since it wasn’t ruled out. Really, if you weren’t lazy, this is the criteria which would have gotten you few extra points. Max of 8

FrostWolfOutrider
Mesh – 12.5/15
You used a lot of geosets for one model. That was a -0.5. I thought you could have been a little more “efficient”. Didn’t really seen anything scratch made. If there was, I cant really tell. Other than that, mesh is fitting, everything fits together. The proportions are good and it has a wc feeling. Bit unfortunate that you didn’t add more detailing and stuff which you could have afforded to do so.
Animation – 4/5
Anims are very fitting...although nothing that makes me think “Hey that’s really clever”
Skin – 3.5/5
Like the animation, they are fitting but you rather used a bit too many I would think. For example, you used demolisher texture, just for the axe when I think you could have just gotten the axe texture off from the doodad texture or even the hellscream texture. I cant tell but it says you are still using the direwolf texture somewhere…I don’t know where. Nonetheless, these set of differing textures gave some sort of variety to the model.
Effects – 3/8
Now…effects. The glow in the eyes with the extra polys, that was really clever. (Technically, it should be with the mesh but its an effect of sort so yeah….) Although I think it should have dimmed in the death anim. That would have been effective, even though how small it may be. The fiery eyes during spell anim. That was a little extra, although I didn’t like it as much as the glowing eyes and I thought it was pretty mundane effect. Nonetheless an effect. 2 points for the glow and 1 for the particle emitter

23/33

TrollPredator
Mesh – 14/15
Pretty creative mesh. Little details like the earrings. The overall mesh is good. Some wrap problems on the leg.
Animation – 4/5
Used of a complete different animset. I appreciate that. However, the attack anims. They are clearly of slashing motion and yet, your weapon is a spear. The hand claw thing fitted but that spear part was a bit iffy. That would be quite noticeable to people.
Skin – 3.5/5
Overall choice of texture is fitting and it looks very WC. I don’t know why you have 6 Replaceable ID 1 though. And few other stuff.
Effects – 0/8
None that I saw.
21.5/33

Level 49
I cant tell but it says you are still using the direwolf texture somewhere…

It was in the eyes. :p
A buddy stated that green eyes(Frost Wolf) look a little strange, so I went with yellow eyes, from the Dire Wolf.
And thanks for the judging.

@JokeMaster - Anyways, that was pretty close. Good job.

Level 23
Wow nice jobs, both of you!, congratz.
THis was really a nice challenge to look at!
+rep to you both!

Btw I must also mention, two really good judges!
It was very hard to figure out who made the better entry, and I really liked Pyra's idea to put a little focus on effects! kinda tricky!

Status
Not open for further replies.