• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Grendol's attempts at drawingsz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
I wonder why babies are always the sickest things to look at. Nice ideas you got there though, the skull faced thing on the bottom right is my favouite. Are you using regular black ballpoint pen on those?

yep, just regular pens.

also, i'm just gonna drop this down here.
67172_1144068975618075_8643914222614656835_n.jpg

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

dayum -grendel, what have you been eating lol. stunning work! keep it up!

Level 49
Nice texture on the biggest skull in the middle of the 1st drawing. Looks like you got some pencil smudge, not only pen. Good unsettling work as always!

Its all pen. I just recently used 2 separate pens for line art and shading. The pen i am currently using for shadows gives some sort of effect as a pencil will do. Its a pretty good ballpoint pen because it allows me to create extremely light strokes without going back and forth trying to make the pen write.

dayum -grendel, what have you been eating lol. stunning work! keep it up!

Nah man, my mind's just fucked up.

Level 28
some presidential candidate dude here in our country. just thought why not draw him for portrait practice. I have yet to succeed in proportions.

lol he looks like a badass character from a movie or tv series, not a presidential candidate.

Anyways, you always seem to work directly on the final lines, is that true? I mean, the common way fo drawing is going first with the light sketch lines that build a shape and then you add the details, like the example below:

How-To-Draw-The-Femal-Head-Step-By-Step-6.jpg

I find it rather amazing that you (seem to) skip that. Whenever I do it like you do, I tend to do bad proportions.

Level 49
lol he looks like a badass character from a movie or tv series, not a presidential candidate.

well he is classified as the most badass presidential candidate here in our country lol :D

Anyways, you always seem to work directly on the final lines, is that true? I mean, the common way fo drawing is going first with the light sketch lines that build a shape and then you add the details, like the example below:

How-To-Draw-The-Femal-Head-Step-By-Step-6.jpg

I find it rather amazing that you (seem to) skip that. Whenever I do it like you do, I tend to do bad proportions.

yeah, i find using guidelines somehow as kinda like cheating? lol, im a weird guy but i dunno, its kinda like i wanna learn how to draw portraits without using guidelines. one of the main reasons i am trying hard to practice is that i really wanna get out of my comfort zone which is creature concept. I have yet to try using grid or guidelines when i decide to make a "serious" portrait, one that i intend to give to, for example my best friend or a family member. right now these ones I'm uploading are studies and practices.

anyway, new sketch. went for a more finer and softer hatching on this one.
still pen.
Untitled.jpg

and i kinda cheated on the eyes lol. i placed a very subtle line so that i won't mess up the eye placements.

Roland

R

Roland

That's one Sadistic imagination you got there, But it's quite brilliant.

Level 49
i dunno, maybe because i'm this guy who always goes outside the box? even in something simple as dota, i'd never go on a weekend without playing a game where i just try silly item builds on a hero. applies the same for sketches, i want something unique as a result

That's one Sadistic imagination you got there, But it's quite brilliant.

haha I concur with Roland's comment :D great job mate :D I really like how the style the ink gives it as well, reminds me of the Babadouk book it's really nice!

Level 28
even in something simple as dota, i'd never go on a weekend without playing a game where i just try silly item builds on a hero. applies the same for sketches, i want something unique as a result

Indeed, regular item builds and general recipes on how to play something are so lame! Why are people that boring

Loved your last batch. This one specially made me feel uneasy about it - so you can say you were successful in your intentions then. Nice work!

Level 49
i guess. models are modelled after a 2d concept so yeah.

new stuff. some corrupted cherubim. i dunno, i suck at making lore stuff really. but for realsies, i just tried to ruin a friend's visioning of a cherubim
14202524_1264933043531667_950535336471863807_n-jpg.248701

Level 24
Somehow reminds me of Konami - Contra's last alien boss, the one with the lady head and alien skeleton, and also Castlevania's dracula. Damn that baby's creepy :D

Your drawings are very eerie which I find the least normal things in drawings aside from nudes. (Do you also do body parts mixed with creepy things? :D)

Roland

R

Roland

My god, Your drawings making my hair raise everytime I browse on your portfolio. Anyway, I love the Shade-hatching details for the shadows. So as a clean outline of the ballpen, So your drawings are firstly drew on Ballpen instead of a 2B pencil?

Status
Not open for further replies.