• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Nvm it's zwieb who wants secretly to nerf druids to make them go back to their dark days. Zwieb just make it a red item nothing more, still buff it a bit if it will become red since we will lose a blue item and lose a real red item (as exceptional as wristguards can be it's not better than ANY of the red items.)

Level 13
I'll think about making it legendary. I never knew it would be considered this good, lol.

Well if you throw it against other accessories for other classes you get the idea, it's practically a free extra offhand item.

Also it is better darkly, better than any other current legendary for a druid lol. It's a fantastic item. An hp buff wouldn't hurt it but with the amount of bonuses it already gives that isn't too important.

Level 6
Yea the pig might gets its wings to fly and maybe then a buyable druid bow will be added and 1.2 will come out

Level 18
Well if you throw it against other accessories for other classes you get the idea, it's practically a free extra offhand item.

Also it is better darkly, better than any other current legendary for a druid lol. It's a fantastic item. An hp buff wouldn't hurt it but with the amount of bonuses it already gives that isn't too important.

what other legendary for druid? We do not have any!.

that's what i'm saying, i mean every race will have, let's say 5 red items in 1.2. if they make wrist a red item it will take a slot of another red item.. at the end it will end up with us having a bit better blue item than the rest taking a slot of a completely new item :/

Level 13
what other legendary for druid? We do not have any!.

that's what i'm saying, i mean every race will have, let's say 5 red items in 1.2. if they make wrist a red item it will take a slot of another red item.. at the end it will end up with us having a bit better blue item than the rest taking a slot of a completely new item :/

That's exactly what I meant, their only current options are eternal and polt which really don't factor in too well in the current metagame.

Wristguards is well worthy of being legendary, and 1.2 is going to apparently bring in over 100 new items. I highly doubt each class will be limited to 5.

It's not a bit better, compare it to other blue accessories, the item is fantastic. Throw a bit of hp on it and its better but it really does its job fine as is.

It doesn't need a buff, for what is essentially the weakest bonus per character, wristguards is fucking awesome.

Saying it will take up a slot or some shit like that is a poor argument man. I personally think it's an item worthy of the orangey red name.

Level 13
They look fancy, everyone wants one. It's a matter of achievement, and as Ego knows, getting wristguards can often be an achievement in itself.

Level 13
The halberd wasn't the achievement, I hate that shit, it was goddamn brutal.

But yes, from now on brutal is a legendary item in my eyes.

Finished boss spell and AI coding now, working great and it's definitely going to be an interesting encounter.
Still have plenty of reported bugs to fix, though. Let's see wether I can make it to a release until friday.

Btw, here's a list of spells to come. Those marked with '*' are the spells that are going to be released with 1.1n.
Note that those spells will probably also be affected by certain talents. The Talent system will always be subject to constant changes over the updates and will be extended as you will also get talent points by major plot quests (So it might be possible that there will be more than just 5 tiers in the future)

Crusader:
- Emergency* (Fast self heal with a medium cooldown)
- Shield-Throw (Throws the shield, hits multiple enemies before returning to the caster; deals holy damage, based on SP, average cooldown, average mana cost)
- Overpower (Instant melee attack, deals physical damage based on STR, low cooldown, no mana cost)

Berserker:
- Lightning Blade* (Circular AoE-attack with a pretty cool animation)
- Intimidating Howl (Intimidates enemies, causing them to run in fear for 5 seconds)
- Counter-Attack (Can only be used with a shield equipped; next physical damage is negated and triggers an instant counter attack [In case the target is within melee range])

Bishop:
- Flash of Light* (Fast, high range real, but higher Mana:HP ratio than Heal)
- Seal of Protection (Increases armor of the target by 20%; duration = cooldown)
- Group Heal (Heals all friendly units within range, high cast time, no cooldown)

Monk:
- Stone Skin* (Reduces all damage taken by 50% for a short duration)
- Shattering Strike (Deals AoE magic damage on the target and nearby units, mana cost)
- Provoke (AoE taunt effect, only temporary threat)

Sorcerer:
- Water Elemental* (Summons a water elemental to your assistance [not a permanent minion])
- Ice Nova (caster-centered AoE dealing spelldamage and slowing enemies around)
- Implosion (single target spell, dealing half physical, half magic damage, average cooldown)

Necromancer:
- Detonating Bones* (Destroys one of your skeletons, deals physical/fire-AoE-damage, reducing armor of all enemies around for a duration)
- Reanimate (Reanimates a dead enemy unit as an undead, to serve as a permanent pet, reducing the possible number of skeletons under control by 1. The reanimated unit keeps all spells, but will have its max health and mana adjusted to pet levels. And of course it doesn't work on bosses or units with unique abilities.)
- Dark Funnel (Channeling single-target attack, dealing shadow damage, no cooldown)

Hunter:
- Beast Fury* (Pet attack, deals damage and stuns the target, low Cooldown)
- Summon Falcon (Summons a permanent falcon minion following the caster; the falcon will basicly work as a procc attack on the hunter's normal attacks; the falcon itself can not be targeted and is invulnerable)
- Frost Arrow (Single target attack, slows enemy, low cooldown)

Druid:
- Recovery* (Replenishes a % of mana to all friendly units around; channeling)
- Thunderstorm (Random lightning strikes in target area, based on SP)
- Life Infusion (Like ressurection of clerics, lower casting time, but higher mana cost)

Assassin:
- Into the Shades* (works like stealth, but can be used in combat (stealthing brings you out of combat). 35 seconds CD.)
- Poisonous Gas (Throws a bottle at the target area, which creates a cloud of poisonous gas, dealing poison damage to all enemies inside)
- Explosive Trap (A trap that deals fire damage and stuns enemies for a short duration, can not be used in combat)

Bard:
- Song of Elements* (Increases Fire/Water/Lightning damage of the target by 15%)
- Hymn of Heroes (All friendly units in range will receive +20% max health. Duration = cooldown)
- Hymn of Freedom (All friendly units in range will become immune to stun and interupt effects for 10 seconds, 60 seconds cooldown)

Level 13
Awesome. So much awesome.

That hymn of heroes seems a little op but we'll see how it all works out come lategame content and whatnot, fancy stuff though zwieb, really looking forward to experimenting with the new skills. Hopefully a beta before release yeah?

I'm still thinking about the Reanimate ability and it's giving me headaches. I can't decide which implementation would be less prone to unwanted bugs or exploits:
Having it some kind of temporary "mind control", which changes the owner of an existing unit, but keeps all of its stats and abilities intact or having it create a new unit with changed stats to make it fit in power.

EDIT: Ahh, doesn't matter. I'll bother with this question when it's time to start coding 1.2.

Level 6
boner time seeing those spells. looking forward to the sorc/nec spells. makes nec way more interesting to play i always thougth there is no reason to specc fireball.

Level 10
just some ideas...
-Bishop Group Heal... could be like mend but in area... well already have a group heal (bol)
-Crusader Overpower... could have some light effects... like the weapon got a glow or something like that...
-Sorceres Water Elemental... why not permanent?
-Hunter Falcon... can use it with servant of nature?
-monk Stone Skin... could give less protection but like that reduces attack speed and inscreases damage...

the max level in 1.1n will change?

just some ideas...
-Bishop Group Heal... could be like mend but in area... well already have a group heal (bol)
This one costs mana, is not instant, heals a lot less but has no cooldown.

-Crusader Overpower... could have some light effects... like the weapon got a glow or something like that...
I almost always add some visible effect to the spells for better visual feedback.

-Sorceres Water Elemental... why not permanent?
Simply because it's stronger than most other minions and also because having too much classes with permanent minions would be lame.

-Hunter Falcon... can use it with servant of nature?
Yes. It's just like an "procc on attack" spell, just with some cool visuals.

Level 10
Can you please eplain a little bit more on this new Druid spell Thunderstorm? Is it like a targeted area on the ground with random procs of lightning strikes in that area based on SP or is it like a passive aura thing with a low low chance to proc based on SP to a random enemy while attacking/healing (but only active-able if you have mana to use it). Either way it sounds pretty interesting :]

Also I would just like to point out dem AOE tanking spells for monks. I knew Monks would become best tank in game for 1.2 and I'll make it a point to showcase that on mine! >:D

EDIT: Also are Hymms channeled spells or do you just activate them and they are on plus can you use songs with Hymms?

EDIT2: btw awesome updates I'm super excited and I can't wait to try that new boss :]

The thunderstorm spell is a fire-and-forget type of spell.
You select an area and then you can do something else. The storm will stay in that area and will do damage over time.

Hymns are instant cast shout-like abilities. Hymns do stack with songs and other hymns.
Means you can use all the hymns in your spellbook at the same time. I figured it would be way too frustrating to have another mutual exclusive type of buff in the spellbook, that's why hymns will stack.

Level 9
New shop for spells, or a drop? Also I might make a Monk now... THEY WILL BE ACTUAL TANKS.

It also seems like Intelligence based Crusaders are gonna be AoE, while Strength based are Single target, which will be perfect.

Also, will you be able to use Claw strike, and Beast Fury with the Falcon, or is it still going to be wolf exclusive?

Level 5
wow well done on ideas for skills.... nice to see alot of people will go bard & monk now ^^, of course im sticking to my two favourite classes, Druids & Necros ^^.... but yeah well done with skills.

And the sheild skill for zerker was smart... now we can see some different play styles... or even better weapon switches during combat :eek: lool

Hmm... currently making the droptables for the new boss.
I simply could not think of any items that are missing yet. Every class got at least one item of each quality tier and category in the current endgame. Some even get two options. Also, there is gear in all quality tiers for the hybrid classes.
I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't be redundant stuff. And I didn't want to waste those awesome models sunchips made for some stuff that is mostly only be sold.

So I decided to let the boss drop a bunch of new accessories and misc items, as well as ability scrolls for the new abilities.

Level 6
give me a acessory for increased spelldamage or / and spellhaste but it must be useable. (but i reckon its best to have a cooldown for 30 secs and let it last for 5-8 secs, so it wont be abused with acessory change in backpack)

Items and Droptables done.

Only thing left is bugfixing, so new version on monday or tuesday.

Just to throw you a bone; a screenshot of the new boss encounter (The white blocks in the upper right section of the screen are caused by my graphics card and are not part of the terrain).

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 178
Level 6
Is his evil puppet or maybe an npc quest or maybe just random thing that wont apear in the version release and i realized tats a diff area and is not in the ogres nice i like it still anyways

Level 9
Part of the encounter most likely as well... maybe.. is it gonna be an add, or boss itself? Like will it drop an item, or not be required.

Level 13
Not dual ogres, severe disappointment. It is however, exactly where myself and some other whose name I've forgotten deduced it would be.

This is going to require some extensive lore zwieb.

Not dual-ogre, just ogre+orc ;)

I simply thought that the default wc3 ogre models did not fit a boss encounter, that's why I chose different models.

But yes, both units are part of the boss encounter. It's the first group-boss I made (and there's probably gonna be more in the future) and it gave me a lot of headaches coding, especially because of respawn, since the boss it a world boss with a respawn timer, not a dungeon boss that can only be respawned by resetting the dungeon.

And yes, new stat icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.