• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm

This is the BETA version of my Gulf War map.

I have created this game by many reasons.
People told that my WW3 map was so complex and hard to understand, so, I have created this one, thats much simpler. You get credits mining oil, and the mission is to destroy the enemy cities. Very simple.

Although, this map has AI for computer players, my fixed Aircraft system, and a new system made by me, that allow tanks to fire while moving. I hope you will enjoy it.

Basic Game Concept:
- Get resources sending your laborers to mine on Oilfields
- Destroy the enemy cities.
- If an unit runs out of ammo, send it back to a Supply Depot to reload his weapon.

Have Fun!

More units will be added on the next versions.

Keywords:
War, Desert, Iraq, Modern Warfare, Gulf, Desert Storm
Contents

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm (Map)

Reviews
15:01, 21st Nov 2009, by Rui(#53): «I think this map has potential; balance issues aside, it is somewhat fun and certainly original and is enchanted by the good choice of imports. Right now, however, it needs revision. My rating is 2,5 / 5.»
I have played your map.It is very good and i loved it.But there are things which can be fixed to make map better.
First of all about tank Zulfiqar-3. Zulfiqar is an iranian main battle tank based on T-72. Zulfiqar-3 is a new generation of it and was not designed during gulf war.Also iran never exported Zulfiqar to most of arabian countries and had only 100 tanks in the year 2001. So remove them please from arabian countries.
The second thing is about leadernames. They are wrong. These are the rulers during the gulf war

Saddam hussein: Iraq
Jaber al sabah: Kuwait
Hosni mubarak: Egypt
King fahd: Saudi Arabia
Hafez al asaad: Syria
Hashemi rafsanjani: Iran
Stepan karapetovich pogosyan: Armenia
Turgut Özal: Turkey
Elias Hrawi: Lebanon
Ezer Weizman: Israel
King Hussein: Jordan

Last thing is about borders which are not good. And there is a county in eastern caspian named Turkmenistan. You gave all of its are to Taliban.
Fix these things please and your map will be the best modern map i have ever played.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Gulf War Desert Storm" (1.3.1) by Han Han

"Gulf War Desert Storm" is a Modern Warfare and Offense-type map combined with a few Risk elements which attempts to portray, like the name indicates, the Gulf war.On this map, created by Han Han, you play one of many countries or organisations, from the United States to Iraq and Al-Qaeda. The objective is to capture your enemies' structures.
The game's ambient is good. While playing, you'll be listening to imported music instead of Warcraft III's regular soundtrack. In addition to that, you'll see custom models for buildings and units which fit nicely. Trees themselves, as well as neutral structures, are custom.This set makes up the terrain; the rest of it is composed of sand, dirt, and sometimes Rock Spires here and there (with unadjusted height, unfortunately). Perhaps some elevation could make a final touch?
On gameplay terms, I can no longer congratulate the author.Han Han (tried to) implement(ed) a custom attack system which forces the units to have mana in order to attack; mana represents their ammunition. The system failed to perform well on airplanes; these wouldn't be able to attack if their mana was upgraded. Still, it was a good step towards originality.The game became a laggy later game. This is why the ammo system, as well as the airplanes constant movement system left me with doubts regarding its functionality (the latter was also annoying; at least an option to land it on the airport should have been implemented). If the triggers are leak-free or not, the question remains.What displeased me most was, however, the game's balance. First of all, the Oil (Gold) available is too much in comparison to the amount needed to train units, vehicles and aircraft. Second, the mechanical units are too cheap. The game I played ended up with mass aircraft. Because of the fact units cannot attack aircraft (there are few things which can, I should note), its overuse is encouraged. I managed to get my hands on over 5000 Oil while tanks and bombing planes' costs range from 50 to 150.Yet another thing which bugged me were a pack of trucks sending nuclear missiles into my base. I could say they're imbalanced but you'd probably say I didn't use my oil, and well, it's a fact. But I still believe they are, as I've already said, too easily acquirable; these things actually destroyed a conquerable building... instead of capturing it.
Overall, I think this map has potential; balance issues aside, it is somewhat fun and certainly original and is enchanted by the good choice of imports. Right now, however, it needs revision. Bugs, green icons (F11 Allies panel, lumber icon), and spelling need to be revised. Suggested players could also be a little more informative...My rating is 2,5 out of 5, rounding up to 3 (Acceptable). I tested this map online with CloudWolf, CloudMax, Infinitynexus, OffGraphic, and DonDustin.

Last edited:
Level 9
So what are you planing to change in the map until you release a new version? Just suggestion: Maybe the helicopters and the tanks attack system on the HMMWV?

Level 4
Looks nice i tried with 11 computers and have to say really hard against them, you could fix it i think bocause they start with 9000 gold if i saw right and they nearly instantly attacked me when i had like no money at all.
Apart from little fix-needs i think it will be a really good map.
EDIT: I found out that infantry owns everything except planes.

Level 2
You could still improve the computer players.
Example: you can build a huge army right into your friends base and declare war and they do not react to your forces until the war.

Level 27
You could still improve the computer players.
Example: you can build a huge army right into your friends base and declare war and they do not react to your forces until the war.

WHAT?! Do you know how hard that is? And unneceseary. Even standart Warcraft 3 (or even Starcraft 2) AI doesn't do that. It's not Civilization 5 you know.

Level 2
How did you make the Mana-Ammo system

I like the whole map, especially how the ammo worked for infantry and vehicles,but the airplanes didn't work so well. Bombers don't always bomb when they have full ammo and are told to attack. sometimes they just hover right next to the unit they want to bomb and don't do anything. And when selecting a group of planes, you have to hunt down each one while they are flying constantly and are hard to select. Maybe there should be an ability that an airport has to call all planes to it? Or a quick way to select all panes in a certain part of the map. Also, the planes with missiles, like the migs and Mirage F1 never run out of missiles, even if they are out of mana. So if a city doesn't have air defenses, you can send a mass of Mirage F1 fighters over a city to keep shooting rockets until there is nothing left. I really like that the anti air guns can shoot down the planes, and when they crash, it can damage other units. Maybe the bunkers should be able to keep infantry inside them though, because if a base is getting bombarded by artillery, the infantry shouldn't just going to stand there and wait to get hit.

Level 32
I've played this around 5 times online. It's a decent diplomacy/altered melee/risk type map, almost very RP like. Could be really fun when there is a full house and people are acting sooo diplomatic :D

Of course, you can do it the traditional way. But I find this fun when everyone is semi-roleplaying.