• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User of the Year - Nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll nominate I3lackDeath & Eubz
Reasons:
I3lackDeath:
  • he Moderated almost all my icons this year (25+ i guess)
  • he always helped me
Eubz:
  • He Uploaded alot of nice models and made nice models on Doodad Creators,His Models
  • He almost helped me with all problems i faced in modeling
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Before I cast my vote, I should say that moderators don't deserve a 'User of the Year' award simply because they have more powers to be more helpful than users. It is unfair, lame and I don't like it.

That said I vote for.. RED BARON.
This. It's not like it hasn't been discussed before.

I'm quite certain the moderators were to have a nomination list of their own and add it to the users' list or something as well as scratch some of the users' nominations (like MasterHaosis). Which inclusively sparked my idea of holding account of notable people every other month in the mod's lobby so as to not lose track — because User of the Year ≠ User of the Last Few Months.

Level 14
I nominate rulerofiron99. These are the reasons :
  • having the nickname which almost everyone doesn't know how to spell and call him just "ruler".
  • being honest friend
  • always helps me when i have a problem
  • has a lot of epic and useful systems
    [*]doesn't discriminate
P.S. I also think that it's unfair for mods to be part of "User of the year". I mean, it's a "User of the year". Perhaps there should be a "Moderator of the year" too.

EDIT : I wasn't expecting to be the only one who nominated the ruler.. :sad:

Last edited:
Votes
Vengeancekael :APProject, I3lackDeath, Cakedog345, Orcnet, DonDustin, HellMaster, Almia, Furiion52, Vladadamm, Sin'dorei300, Deolrin, Warlord Ajer'laroir, aaron, En_Tropy, David, marko9, eubz, juno, sapsorc, Edhel-dur

Mr.Goblin:Himself,

JollyD:Himself,

RiotZ:Himself,

CRAZZYRUSSIAN:Arcisal,

-Kobas-:Darklycan51, Codric, marko9, eubz,

PsycoMarauder:Himself,

Deloirin:DonDustin,

FrIky:DonDustin, Deolrin

The Dark Wizard:FrIkY,

shiik:DonDustin, Deolrin

The_Reborn_Devil:DonDustin, Deolrin

DonDustin:Himself, Deolrin

Apheraz Lucent:Hell Master, bowser449, Sin'dorei300

Magtheridon96:Almia, Geries, Sin'dorei300, Chaosy, Jazztastic, David, Codric,

DeathChef, juno, BUP

Ap0calpyse:Almia, Chaosy

Defskull:Almia, Magtheridon96, En_Tropy

Tank-commander:Almia, Magtheridon96,

Almia:Himself, Magtheridon96, BUP

TheNisse:Furiion52,

sonofjay:APproject, FireLord001, bowser499, kari0003, Codric, eubz

-Grendel:Sin'dorei300, eubz, Edhel-dur

I3lackDeath:Sin'dorei300, Vengeancekael, En_Tropy, David, Codric, Stonneash

Sin'dorei300:Himself, kari0003, Codric,

Maros DAB:Chaosy,

Hakeem:Rui,

enjoy:yvx,

Drunken_Jackal:kari0003,

Darklycan51:paillan,

RED BARON:sonofjay, En_Tropy, Skycraft, Juno

APproject:sonofjay,

Orcnet:Vengeancekael, En_Tropy, eubz, Forsaken

aaron:defskull,

Fladdermasken: DeathChef,

Nestharus:DeathChef,

Maker:Aeroblyctos,

eubz: stonneash

rulerofiron99: CoLd Bon3

Level 14
Id like to nominate myself for the loser of the year award
Okay okay, it was the only thing I could think of. Anyways, I agree with the current majority that Vkael should get UOTY for 2012.

Cheers,
~Asomath

Level 23
NomineesVotersVotes
VengeancekaelAPproject, I3lackDeath, Cakedog345, Orcnet, bowser499, DonDustin, Hell_Master, Almia, Furiion52, Vladadamm, Sin'dorei300, Deolrin, Warlord Ajer'laroir, aaron, En_Tropy, David, marko9, eubz, juno, spasorc, Edhel-dur, Asomath, Ionwolf, 23
sonofjayAPproject, FireLord001, kari0003, Codric, marko9, eubz, 6
Mr.GoblinMr.Goblin, wowcraft,1
JollyDJollyD,1
RiotZRiotZ,1
CRAZZYRUSSIANArcisal,1
Rui[c]Arcisal,1
-kobas-Darklycan51, Codric, marko9, eubz, juno, 5
PsycoMarauderPsycoMarauder,1
DeolrinDonDustin,1
FrIkYDonDustin, Deolrin, 2
shiikDonDustin, Deolrin, 2
The_Reborn_DevilDonDustin, Deolrin,2
DonDustinDonDustin, Deolrin, 2
Apheraz LucentJollyD, Hell_Master, bowser499, Sin'dorei300, 4
Magtheridon96Almia, Geries, Sin'dorei300, Chaosy, Jazztastic, David, Codric, DeathChef, BUP, juno, CoLd Bon3,10
Ap0calpyseAlmia, Chaosy, juno, RiotZ, 4
defskullAlmia, Magtheridon96, En_Tropy, juno, 4
Tank-CommanderAlmia, Magtheridon96, 2
AlmiaAlmia, Magtheridon96, BUP, juno, 4
TheNisseFuriion52,1
I3lackDeathSin'dorei300, Vengeancekael, En_Tropy, David, Codric, stonneash, CoLd Bon3, morbent,6
Sin'dorei300Sin'dorei300, kari0003, Codric, 3
-GrendelSin'dorei300, eubz, Edhel-dur, 3
Marcos DABChaosy, 1
HakeemRui,1
Drunken_Jackalkari0003, 1
enjoyyvx,1
Darklycan51Paillan, 1
RED BARONsonofjay, En_Tropy, Skycraft, juno, 4
APprojectsonofjay, 1
OrcnetVengeancekael, En_Tropy, eubz, Forsaken, morbent,4
aarondefskull, 1
Paillankari0003, 1
FladdermaskenDeathChef, 1
NestharusDeathChef, 1
MakerAeroblyctos, Greenwhy2
eubzstonneash, 1
rulerofiron99CoLd Bon3,1
SquiggySquiggy, 1
The Dark WizardFrIkY, Steel_Stallion,2
Jolly_Jumpermorbent,1
Rallemorbent,1
MasterHaosismorbent,1
Cakedog345morbent,1
Kwalitiwowcraft,1
Kitabatakexorkatoss,1
Total Number of Votes:
Total Number of VoteRs:

We can clearly see who's the UoY this year... :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
As far as I am concerned, this won't be a multi-poll. The UotY is only given to one user (two, should we split it --> separate polls with one winner each nonetheless).
It wouldn't make sense to let people vote for multiple users in one poll here, when the one with the most votes is the only one receiving the award.

Now, please get back to nominations.
You can always create a tread in SD, should you want to discuss anything related to this award. Doing it in this thread makes our job of evaluating the nomination results harder, and potential discussions will be scattered.

Level 28
I nominate:

- Jolly_Jumper who is a very kind and helpful person actually :p he does not enter the chat nor does he talk a lot to people but when he does he always says what has to be said, not like me :) Except of course this one time when he showed me some pictures of dead moose.

- Ralle cuz Ralle needs more badges and cuz he is a nice moose. Oh and cuz he showed me one of the most holy creatures on this world - the moose. Unimaginably but I really learned a lot from this creature - it learned me to always smile :p and that's your fault Rall.e, thanks.

- Unexpectedly I3lackDeath, who has actually been very helpful to me. Telling me how to work with photoshop .gifs and how to paint some specific metal textures and many other stuff. I3lackDeath is also very honest when it comes to rating a resource. He always gives good advice on how to fix the resource but always wants too much from people's work :) but that's I3lackDeath, you can't blame him.

- Cakedog345 - a very great person I really admire this guy, always have.

- Orcnet who's a very active and nice person.

- MasterHaosis of course, one of the most active people here on the Hive... I believe there isn't a user to who MasterHaosis hasn't ''smiled'' :)cgrin: :p)

- I would also like to add grunt who helped me a lot on my project, and I wanted so much from him. I made him remake his models like 15 times! And he always did :\ he made so many models and he didn't even have to do that. He also has great resources - you don't see them as Uploaded resources but as amazing art/emoticons/etc. :\

- And David - he's very active.

And as my last sentence I would like to express my feelings about this thread. They consist of just one smiling ''Moose''.

Last edited:
Level 7
I nominate kwati (I spelled his name wrong, I think!) I been registered with the hive for a few years now and no one has EVER brought such epic models to the table like his lich king and death wing models. I notice he never won in the years he uploaded his models.

More active users my favorite artist on the site I would go with Mr.Goblin not only are is icons gorgeous but what he did with the scars of conflict skins are even better than blizzards wc3 skins. So I also nominate mr.goblin.

Level 28
the user who is more active and helpful around hive is more deserving of the UoY award.. It really doesn't matter (for me) if he has uploaded awesome stuff..

Lol that is a bit unfair to users who dedicated most of their time making new stuffs for this site(actually let say people who still give their time on this dying game.).

Lol that is a bit unfair to users who dedicated most of their time making new stuffs for this site(actually let say people who still give their time on this dying game.).
Kinda true.

Ressources should count too, except Maps that are most oftenly personal projects that aren't helping others in mapping (except for Terrains Templates and such).

Level 28
Ressources should count too, except Maps that are most oftenly personal projects that aren't helping others in mapping (except for Terrains Templates and such).

And this is bias against any mapper who spend days, weeks or months on making maps for everyone to enjoy for this dying game. Well if there are still gamer who plays war3 with heart, most of them just play because they finished almost all the new games they have. D:

And this is bias against any mapper who spend days, weeks or months on making maps for everyone to enjoy for this dying game. Well if there are still gamer who plays war3 with heart, most of them just play because they finished almost all the new games they have. D:
Yes, but doing maps, isn't what 'everyone' do in a mapping community ?

Imo, the User of the Year should be someone who improve both gaming and mapping.
Doing a map improves only gaming, while a ressource improves mapping.
And improving mapping means improving gaming at same time, as it will help doing better maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.