• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User of the Year - Nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting has started: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/user-year-voting-228466/

178091-albums2336-picture64510.png

178091-albums2336-picture64512.png
Art by Blizzard Ent.
It's that time of year again:
The community can nominate users to receive the special award, User of the Year.
Users (Normal hivers, moderators) will first nominate the users they think deserve the award for being the most productive/helpful/etc. in 2012.
Afterwards, a limited number of nominees will be added to a poll and the community will vote for the User of the Year.

Nomination: 01.01.13 - 08.01.13
Poll: 09.01.13 - 16.01.13
! Users who have already won this award for previous years cannot be nominated again !
Previous Winners →2004 - GST_Nemisis & Malufa & brad.dude03
2005 - Bob27
2006 - Archian
2007 - Wolverabid
2008 - Ghan_04
2009 - Pyritie
2010 - Dr Super Good
2011 - Pharaoh_

Last edited:
I3lackDeath is nominating:
[rainbow]Vengeancekael[/rainbow]
Reason(s):
  • for being a great friend and an honest, down-to-earth person
  • for providing honest, and to me highly valuable feedback
  • for managing a big deal of areas on this site
  • for all the effort he puts into his work
Thank you for everything you've done so far, Kael!

Also, just so you know, you may only nominate people who have actually been active in the respective year (UotY should explain that by definition).

Level 30
I'll nominate only one member for this year (next year there will be a dozen) seeing an effort that is way to behold :D

VengeanceKael - who wouldn't vote this guy? he's responsible with the news section and giving us monthly batches, been a good friend and karate mentor in time when I was hidden in the map section, and the person who chose me to be part of the moderation

so yeah just that but in most cases, he did a lot of good stuff in this site

Level 33
Once again, I would think this is a matter of "Moderator VS Normal User" thingy, because well basically Moderator has the Moderating Capabilities which would make them outstanding and more helpful (way more helpful) than the Normal User.

Level 30
I nominate Apheraz Lucent and Vengeancekael

Apheraz - for being cheerful always and also helpful.... I know this is off-topic but I just want to say what I feel, she stay always strong!

Vengeancekael - For always doing the job of posting updates for our website the Hive and many other things.... He is really a man that is hard working for the Hive's great future!

Last edited:
I'll nominate Magtheridon96,one of the best teachers i ever seen because he made the JASS class,Ap0calpyse,for helping users in the WEHZ and T&S Section,same w/ Defskull,Tank-Commander and Me,for our contributions in the spell section and mini-reviewers of the spells section.Vengeancekael,for his industrious works for the news batch and being afk in the chat(LoL)

Level 5
I nominate Vengeance Kael because he's just downright awesome. But seriously I'd never talked to him before and he helped me out just cause he could.
I also nominate TheNisse because he's really friendly and willing to help me out loads!

Level 34
Hold on, I want to change my nomination vote. I want to nominate... The Dark Wizard! Remember that guy? He like, changed the whole structure of Hive Workshop, gotta give him credit for that. He was always the good and helpful guy, nice to have him around. How did you guys forget to nominate him?

EDIT: I'm serious, I nominate The Dark Wizard, ignore my previous post where I said I would nominate Deolrin or Vengeancekael.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Nominating Apheraz Lucent and sonofjay.
Kael will win anyways, I bet. =\
Probably this and a lot more. It's the result of holding nominations for multiple different awards whose criteria is always loose. Honestly I was expecting to see nominations with somewhat more fairness.

I nominate Hakeem for great justice. He has long been deserving one and this award is tainted forever if Hakeem doesn't get any sort of recognition.

Probably this and a lot more. It's the result of holding nominations for multiple different awards whose criteria is always loose. Honestly I was expecting to see nominations with somewhat more fairness.

I nominate Hakeem for great justice. He has long been deserving one and this award is tainted forever if Hakeem doesn't get any sort of recognition.
We could always give him Medal of Honor/Merit Badge.

Level 28
^
I wonder why my name in there, i'm not part of the factory.

Well since almost all the guy I want to nominate is already nominated

I'll just nominate RED BARON, this guy helped tons of people on the request section. (the 'Need artwork? Come here' thread to be specific)

And APproject, for all the maps he was able to release last year.

I'll be nominating I3lackDeath and Orcnet.
Orcnet has been quite active in the maps section, not only since his promotion and his reviewing skills, even though I still think his standards are extremely low, are improving overtime.
I3lackDeath has also been moderating the icons section, almost completely alone and he always takes his time to help users with their creations through icon improvements done by himself or short written tutorials.

Level 14
i nominate Vengeancekael (for obvious reasons). I also would like to take the opportunity to mention the idiotic posts here.

DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF JUST BECAUSE OF RESOURCES YOU'VE MADE OR A SIMPLE MAP. NOMINATE SOMEONE WHO REALLY DESERVES IT FOR THE HELP/CONTRIBUTION TO THE HIVE WORKSHOP.

That is all.

i nominate Vengeancekael (for obvious reasons). I also would like to take the opportunity to mention the idiotic posts here.

DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF JUST BECAUSE OF RESOURCES YOU'VE MADE OR A SIMPLE MAP. NOMINATE SOMEONE WHO REALLY DESERVES IT FOR THE HELP/CONTRIBUTION TO THE HIVE WORKSHOP.

That is all.

Mine is not just my resources,i have helped a lot of people in WEHZ and T&S section by answering their questions,solving problems and begging for help.
I have also solved some spell requests found in the Requests section.

Level 17
Before I cast my vote, I should say that moderators don't deserve a 'User of the Year' award simply because they have more powers to be more helpful than users. It is unfair, lame and I don't like it.

That said I vote for.. RED BARON.

Level 11
My guys!

These are the users I want to see up there top 5!

-Kobas-

Reasons:

-Kobas- Reasons:
Well i have only know -Kobas- for a while but over that period I became a fan of his terrain works and his awsome map. But Its not just that he has been a good member to the hive and i vote for him!

Magtheridon96

Reasons:

Magtheridon96 Reasons:
Mag has proven various times that he is truly one of the gods of jass, I know everyone of you jassers respect Magtheridon96 and well you Should! But not only that he has been a great member to our home/site.

Sin'dorei300

Reasons:

Sin'dorei300 Reasons:
Well what can I say about this guy? Well hat can't I say Sin'dorei300 is one of the best icon makers and he has made alot last year with his model which I highly aprove of! And he is a nice guy :D

I3lackdeath

Reasons:

I3lackdeath Reasons:
Icon Maker Extrodinare! Oh wait but theres more If you could go to page 3 you would see Vengencekael posted his guys and his reasons, and well one of them was I3lackdeath! He said most of what I said so I could not say it because then I would get accused of copycatting.

SonofJay

Reasons:

SonofJay Reasons:
Put the son to the of to the jay you get SonofJay, Great guys I have seen him all around the internet! He makes great maps! Takes part in disscusions and is just (in my opinion) a great guy.
Thanks guys these are my people I woulds want to see in the top 5.

P.S I would hve added an extra guy but I couldnt, pssst hint: Pharaoh_!

P.P.S Lots of other guys but these guys are just awsome!.
P.P.P.S It was soooo close between Ken-E and sonofjay.
P.P.P.P.S Ken-E your still great!
P.P.P.P.P.S Vengencekael your probally still gonna win, I didn't put you on my list because I want other people to get a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.