• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User of the Year 2010

Read the first post before voting!

• TriggerHappy

Votes: 58 25.7%
  • Dr Super Good

Votes: 115 50.9%
  • enjoy

Votes: 53 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
We are aware about your disagreements towards this user of the year poll,
but we can't do anything now, but please -

Come with suggestions and ideas that we can maybe use to make next years vote better!

Such as - A nomination thread "Users nominations" or so.
or more users or maybe seperate "user of the year" and
"staff of the year"

Please let us hear your ideas!

We are aware about your disagreements towards this user of the year poll,
but we can't do anything now, but please -

Come with suggestions and ideas that we can maybe use to make next years vote better!

"staff of the year"

Please let us hear your ideas!

two awards have been discussed previously. Its been an ongoing argument for a while. So lets just settle it in another thread and be done with it. lets just stick to THIS YEAR for now.

Level 18
For this year I can imagine not everyone agrees with the picks, but if we'd want to add people the choices would all come down to personal opinions which means that if we'd want to give everyone a fair chance the list of nominated users would get gigantic. I say that in this case we should just keep the poll as it is and let it end when it's supposed to end and bad luck for those who don't agree (even if that normally wouldn't be my preference either).

"staff of the year"

Personally I like this idea, especially because I'd prefer to be voting for non-mods actually, but that may be me. For next year that is. :p

I mean you guys wanted haosis to get it two years ago

this is why you can't have nice things

I think it would be better not to bring that up. :v

two awards have been discussed previously. Its been an ongoing argument for a while. So lets just settle it in another thread and be done with it. lets just stick to THIS YEAR for now.

How about we wait until this poll is closed, then make that suggestion thread?

Isn't it rather interesting that like every topic I've browsed in this section has for some particular reason eventually invoked the user vs staff dilemma for the most implausible reasons?

fladdermasken's law: "As a Hive discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison between the staff and users approaches 1." - Something like this? :>

Level 6
Only moderators could win? You should name the Award : Moderator of the year, would make more sense. Also make a real : User of the year, chosen by users by voting and nominating what users they want to vote for.

No. not only moderators.

This has been said in the thread already.
Stop posting stuff like this...

There were almost an equal number of mods/users in the initial poll, however we narrowed it down to these three.

And these three just happen to be mods.

Mods are more often chosen then not, because usually when a user does awesome enough to get even nominated for UOTY, he/she is probably already recognized for it, and has been offered modship.

As for different awards, I believe that has been addressed several times as well.

We will make a thread about it when this poll has ended.
Stop complaining about it here.
This thread is a poll. To vote.
Not a place to whine about the unfairness of said poll, even though it was completely fair.

Level 31
No. not only moderators.

This has been said in the thread already.
Stop posting stuff like this...

There were almost an equal number of mods/users in the initial poll, however we narrowed it down to these three.

And these three just happen to be mods.

Mods are more often chosen then not, because usually when a user does awesome enough to get even nominated for UOTY, he/she is probably already recognized for it, and has been offered modship.

As for different awards, I believe that has been addressed several times as well.

We will make a thread about it when this poll has ended.
Stop complaining about it here.
This thread is a poll. To vote.
Not a place to whine about the unfairness of said poll, even though it was completely fair.

lol... ok, i was reading the thread a bit, and some people were complaining about only the mods were able to get it.. that's the reason of my post.

And to answer to your last 4 lines, if it was said for me, I didn't complain, I didn't whine.. Only line that concerns me is the vote, I won't vote because I didn't see any of those mods really helps me or anyone, i wasn't on hive enough this year.

lol... ok, i was reading the thread a bit, and some people were complaining about only the mods were able to get it.. that's the reason of my post.

And to answer to your last 4 lines, if it was said for me, I didn't complain, I didn't whine.. Only line that concerns me is the vote, I won't vote because I didn't see any of those mods really helps me or anyone, i wasn't on hive enough this year.

Thank you for this, you've effectively avoided drama while at the same time not using your vote in a while that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Level 23
guys. just deal with it >.< its not like anyone is going to make exceptions just because you dont think its fair. they have taken this under 3 ROUNDS OF CONSIDERATION. just stfu and vote. dont like the votes? dont vote. end of discussion. We had this argument last year. We even let you ATTEMPT to nominate last year. And none of the nominations were at all meaningful. We gave you guys a chance before, you blew it. Shutup and vote/dont vote.

Dentothor, that sounds like dictatorship

Level 35
I don't care how much of an icon someone is to the hive, isn't the User of the Year more so what a person actually did? If we look at Haosis being 'iconic', is it not true that there were, as well as plenty of people who worship him, plenty of people who hate him?

As far as I'm aware, people don't get this award simply by being a meme.

Dentothor, that sounds like dictatorship

what giving you a chance to vote for yourselves and then nominating people whom are only "cool" and funny?

This goes out to everyone, For the last time. you don't need to rage here. Find a better place to whine about how unfair you think the award is. Just leave, your opinions aren't going to do * right now. Save your complaints for bringing up a topic about NEXT YEARS award in ANOTHER THREAD.

MasterHaosis still deserved the award for being that influent and for having written a few of the best quotes.
Then give him respected user. That isn't a good quality for the user of the year award.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, MasterHaosis, though beein absent most of year 2010 because of his ban, is still an iconic Hiveworkshoper and a hero to all of us. At least to me.
Well, maybe he'll be nom,inated for 2011, but on year 2010 he wasn't really active I'd say...

Haosis is an odd case as to every single person I've talked to their opinions on him are either extremely one way, or extremely the opposite.

Level 23
True. Seriously people, this is thread is for voting. Stop the useless spam. But its not like this comment will do anything, the spam will go on for 3 more days >>

And MasterHaosis is awesome =D
But being a legend and awesome isnt exactly what Id expect from User of the Year, as people before me said, its more of an award for what people have done for Hive.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
MasterHaosis still deserved the award for being that influent and for having written a few of the best quotes.
Then give him respected user. That isn't a good quality for the user of the year award.
In the current state of the Respected User award, I'd be inclined to agree, but I just like fighting for the way things should be done.
And there are no good or bad qualities for User of the Year because this award has no specific criteria.

Level 34
Sorry for not reading the entire thread, and for interrupting your current topic, but has anyone mentioned a possibility of someone setting the votes? I know it sounds dumb, but I happen to notice that enjoy and TriggerHappy always have the same ammount of votes and around 24%, while Dr Super Good always has more votes than the two of them combined, and at around 52%. I checked at least 6 times, if not more, and it has always been like this. I'm suspecting that someone is setting the votes to be like this so that Dr Super Good wins, and thus is cheating. I cannot believe it's a coincidence, as I said, these elements always applied when I checked this thread:
- enjoy and TriggerHappy having the same amount of votes
- enjoy and TriggerHappy having votes at ~24%
- Dr Super Good always having more votes that enjoy's and TriggerHappy's combined
- Dr Super Good always having votes at ~52%

As I mentioned before, I checked it several times, 6 times at least, and + the poll votes are hidden, so we can't see if it was really users who voted. I am 70% sure that this is the case, someone is setting the votes. I'm not suspecting anyone though, not even Dr Super Good. I apologize if I am wrong, and I hope I am wrong, because setting the votes would just... well, suck.

P.S. inb4 drama, I don't care if I turn out to look like a complete idiot, I just want to know the truth, and no, I'm not trolling.

Sorry for not reading the entire thread, and for interrupting your current topic, but has anyone mentioned a possibility of someone setting the votes? I know it sounds dumb, but I happen to notice that enjoy and TriggerHappy always have the same ammount of votes and around 24%, while Dr Super Good always has more votes than the two of them combined, and at around 52%. I checked at least 6 times, if not more, and it has always been like this. I'm suspecting that someone is setting the votes to be like this so that Dr Super Good wins, and thus is cheating. I cannot believe it's a coincidence, as I said, these elements always applied when I checked this thread:
- enjoy and TriggerHappy having the same amount of votes
- enjoy and TriggerHappy having votes at ~24%
- Dr Super Good always having more votes that enjoy's and TriggerHappy's combined
- Dr Super Good always having votes at ~52%

As I mentioned before, I checked it several times, 6 times at least, and + the poll votes are hidden, so we can't see if it was really users who voted. I am 70% sure that this is the case, someone is setting the votes. I'm not suspecting anyone though, not even Dr Super Good. I apologize if I am wrong, and I hope I am wrong, because setting the votes would just... well, suck.

P.S. inb4 drama, I don't care if I turn out to look like a complete idiot, I just want to know the truth, and no, I'm not trolling.

I looked in the admin control panel to see who voted and I can assure you that all of the votes are genuine.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I looked in the admin control panel to see who voted and I can assure you that all of the votes are genuine.
I thought Ralle wanted that kept secret (that admins can do that)... Oh well.

Although I used to be able to mess with polls in the past, I do not have such powers anymore thus to my knowledge all my votes are fair earned.

It is a bit nasty that some of you think no one likes me...

Level 34
A-HA! Irregularity, on the time I posted this message, TriggerHappy had 51 votes, and enjoy had 50, oh and Doctor Super Good had 105.
Well, that's good to know, a confirmation from another... two administrators, and I guess it is settled, no one is setting the votes.
It is a bit nasty that some of you think no one likes me...
I did not say that, of course not... I only mentioned that there may be a possibility that someone is setting the votes. I would report this "coincidence" no matter whom I voted for, even though in this case I did not vote for you, but in the end, I could care less about who wins, really. I, personally, have nothing against you, Doctor Super Good.

I didn't even know we could check who voted after creating the poll, and I too thought that this poll was kind of a target for manipulation (on a self-voting manner though), I'll be checking the voters sometime soon then.

I can show you how to do that on the ACP later, if you'd like

Level 14
As someone already mentioned (possibly even more than one person, as I didn't read all 13 pages of posts), MasterHaosis should definitely get some form of reward, as he is a very specific user, known to pretty much everyone who has been here for over a year. Also, shouldn't he have a former staff member award icon?

As for this pool, I already voted for DSG way back when it opened, but since I'm posting now I might as well comment on the main topic. Out of the three he deserves it the most, though I'm pretty sure some other people might deserve it more, but they aren't in the poll.

Level 27
Okay, for those who can't understand awesomeness of Master Haosis, I can only say :cgrin:.
See, earlier MasterHaosis was like... the most popular, most fun, most awesome user! Then he argued with some other moderator or whoever and got permabanned, but last year Ralle gave amnesty to some of the perma-banned users, including him. That's how he came back to Hive... but unfortunately his activity now is much lower than earlier...

Level 25
@Cmarket
lol yeah :p I didn't quote you because I meant to talk in general (since members already requested him)
my mistake though, needed to be more clear.
as for special award I doubt it, your only chance for that is Pyritie and Ralle's approval.
But it also might happen if you get a big enough petition from members :3

@Tleno
D: let's not get too offtopic

Level 27
But it also might happen if you get a big enough petition from members :3

Like I did when Pyritie made those Cinamon roll/pie/arty pooper awards :3
Oh, good times, half of Hive was pitchforking Pyritie for beeing unserious, other side torched me for such a reaction for "just a silly joke"... ah, good times...
So yes, lots of people can influence the creation of new award. I also recall as Pyritie or whoever else made thread about the cash awards... they were trying to decide what should be the award icons/names...

EDIT: Oh saw your edit just now, Joe. Sorry for going off-topic, but I just can't stand people not knowing about the awesomeness of Haosis!

Status
Not open for further replies.