• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Things from the Piss of Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Hey everyone! I'm back and with something to show. I just made this last night, because I wasted the whole day doing nothing and I didn't wanted to go to sleep with that feeling of a wasted day...so...random shit once again:

what-da-fucking-fuck.jpg

Level 25
The terrain looks too plain and blurry (Not saying you used blur). Add more detail to it, at least to the cliff where the wizard is standing on since it is closer to the viewer and thus more detail is/should visible.

Nonetheless, its sexy.

~Craka_J

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I won't add anything more to it, it's supposed to be a quick sketch and I already spent too much time on it, on the big guy especially. If I wanted this to be a finished piece I would have done what you said.
Here's another daily sketch I did for yesterday. Took 1 hour:

IN-A-GREY-GARAGE-AMIDST-THE-JUNK-IS.jpg

IN A GREY GARAGE, AMIDST THE JUNK, IS BLACK & ORANGE HOVER HOT-ROD

Level 36
I think, looking at all of these (actually just the first one on the first post and your pain elemental), that you could make your fire and blood and other special effect things like that (don't know what to call them) a little better, right now they look like WIP and the rest looks amazing.

Level 25
Time for some constructive criticism on this piece! The bottom half of the Greek (He looks Greek) soldier and the background is very well done, as expected. However, the upper body looks rushed. The muscles on his side where the ribs are seem to be a tad too far away from where they should be - I may be wrong though - and worst of all, his neck up just isn't that good. His face could have used more shading/lighting. The setup of where his head is facing while his body confused me at first and I thought the helmet was drawn wrong, but I figured it out now. :wink:

Just trying to be more of a constructive criticism guy today. Not being harsh.

~Craka_J

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Hehe dude you don't have to mention "Not being harsh." to me, you know I'm not that kind of guy.
Anyway, I totally agree with what you said and those things bothered me too. I don't know why I didn't changed them, I guess I was more focused towards colors this time or something.

Level 25
The lighting is very good though. But I'm not too sure about the lightning. Its good, but parts of it look more like ice or scribbles. The lighting is best on his left side, but may be a little off with his shoulder/bicept on the left; his skin tone is too dark compared to the rest that is actually lit by the electrical pulses.

I'm just a nice guy - or so I try to be - and so I feel that I always have to mention that anything I say negative isn't because I feel like being an asshole. But yeah, you are you and you know your mistakes. You're still awesome. :grin:

~Craka_J

TDR

TDR

Level 18
It's been almost exactly 3 years since I made this self portrait (reference: mirror):
Autocacat-1.jpg

And never did any more since then...until now. Yesterday was the international self portrait day so why the heck not:

metalpiss_selfportrait_nov1_2008.jpg

Made it fairly quickly, and for reference I used my reflection in the window since is exactly on my left.

Status
Not open for further replies.