• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gallery of mixed stuff and WIPs (not warcraft related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
ha! that's...a little strange :p
Anyway, scrape all that. I have another idea that I'll make now, because someone posted an entry that could have beaten that plain literal meaning one I had before. I'm going for a more philosophical shit now, and it's going to involve a character. I won't waste any time modeling it entirely in max, so I just made a human base mesh in max and I'll zbrush the shit out of it:

bridge_take2_wip_05.jpg

It's cool because now I have a human man base mesh of my making that I can use from now on for tons of other models.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I have the legs and ears left and to tweak the face some more and of course some tweaks overall, then to pose it! After that, the bridge itself but that'll be really quick. I think I can finish the modeling today!...err tonight.

bridge_take2_wip_09.jpg

TDR

TDR

Level 18
No, I think it is actually a bit wide. But some people have necks like that, so I'll leave it as it is (translation: I'm too lazy to change it now :p).
I finished the dude:

bridge_take2_wip_11.jpg

And here's how the scene's going to be:

bridge_take2_wip_12.jpg

The dude will be there at the end of the bridge, holding a chunk of bridge that he's about to put it in front of the bridge and he'll be therefore crouched under the weight.
In the background there's going to be other bridges with dudes putting on chunks and finished bridges.
The thing is that this is supposed to represent life, destiny and shit you know. You build your own destiny like a bridge, and you have your ups and downs hence the weird shape of the bridge. Something like that.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
That's very strange :/...when I try to subdivide while I have some parts of the mesh hidden, it warns me about it and doesn't subdivide...

Here's how the dude will look there:
bridge_take2_wip_16.jpg

Still not quite finished posing, but I wanted to see how it looks and to position the part of the bridge he'll be holding.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
yes, it magically does...carrying your own destiny man, this is deep shit :p
Here's the dude with skin texture. Looks much better now:
bridge_take2_wip_24.jpg

I deactivated the displacement on the bridge so it'll take less time to render, since I was focusing on the dude.

Level 4
The stones on the side of the bridge look a little funky to me. The shadows they're casting gives me the impression that they stick out a wee bit too much. Otherwise, great concept. I can't wait to see it complete. :D

Level 4
Congrats on finishing it, the stones look much better in the sharper image.

im not sure if you said this before, but what is up with his left foot??

but still looks awesome :D

The foot is falling under the shadow of the higher part of the bridge.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Holy shit, it's been 3 months since I updated this stinkhole...anyway, here it is. A badass cowboy dude. Low poly normal mapped + ambient occlusion map. Color map coming right up. Still have to do some tweaks on the normals. Polycount is the actual polycount of one model (not both of the instances summed up). I'm doing this as a test to see if I can get a job at gameloft. But I'm also supposed to animate it and I have to finish it today, maximum tomorrow so no way in hell I'll have time for that...so...fail.

Triangles limit was 3500, so I win at that.

02-2.jpg

oh yeah, and wireframe:

02_wire.jpg

TDR

TDR

Level 18
The size is 1024² (it was in the guidelines). The UV space is proportional for all parts, there's no pixelation I don't know why you're saying that :/...maybe you refer to the edges? If so, that's some normal map baking mishap.
I ain't going to do that, I'm doing the texture in photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.