• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Zul'aman Ruins preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Originally from WOW raid, redesigned to fit WC3 game play.

Philosophy
- Intuitive Wc3 experience
- No heavy system to learn, just:
- hop in the map
- choose your hero
- go kill some mobs and loot
- Item attributes system is not complicated, the learning curve should be very smooth
- Boss fight should be straight forward, but as the game goes, you will need some tricks

Game play
- Classic WOW-like raid, your team consists of 1 tank, 2 healers and 3 dps
- 11 playable and (sort of) balanced classes
- Fully functional AI, if you play less than 6 players, the AIs will fit the gap
- Random items without cumbersome full screen inventory system
- Don't like attributes of your loot? Reforge it!

Update 2018-11-03
- No slk, so it should work on any client

Update 2018-11-05
- Lady Vashj will only summon serpents when HP is under 20%

7B3Nx6m.jpg

hcbyZRc.png

qbInNdr.png

Hk1JavC.png

Also help wanted

If you are interested in this project. I need help on the textual contents in this map because I'm not a good English speaker. Some English usage in this map could be inaccurate and hilarious. So if you could help, I will be much appreciated.

This project is open source under GPL-v3.0 license.

yatyricky/Zulaman-WE

Attachments

• ZAM_ruins.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 8
Good project, I really like Dungeons maps with wow themes.
Try the map, the heroes are well done, that pleases me, the mapping is very good, maybe put more vegetation doddads would be good.
I got an error with loot (item) of the first boss, when I select it, fix that.
And I know what it is to map in another language, sometimes it's complicated, sometimes very tedious, but it's worth it, since you learn something new :).

Good luck in the project, I hope to see more progress.

Level 4
It is good to see some replies. I'll polish the map more in the coming weeks.

And I will also put a game play video for better demonstration.

Level 5
Randomized item stats are fun and something I don't see very often. Will try it out!

Level 6
Am i missing something? I need to download something more, in order to play this map without problems?
Would be nice, if there was some explanation.

Last edited:
Level 6
it is 1.29 ! And still errors and freezes...
You mean 1.30 now?
Edit: no errors now, but still freezes at 1.29.
Edited (again) : Nerf that second boss pls. The naga i mean, Vashj i think. It's not possible, i tried 15 times.
Too much Hp i think, or enrage timer is too short.
Or Both - Got her down to 45 000hp.

Last edited:
Level 4
it is 1.29 ! And still errors and freezes...
You mean 1.30 now?
Edit: no errors now, but still freezes at 1.29.
Edited (again) : Nerf that second boss pls. The naga i mean, Vashj i think. It's not possible, i tried 15 times.
Too much Hp i think, or enrage timer is too short.
Or Both - Got her down to 45 000hp.

you keep killed by the Lightning Storm? (the many lightning thing)
Please try to stay in the white circle. If it's still too hard. I think the 2nd boss is not well balanced.

From the 5th boss and onwards, this map is not well polished. Just for your information.

Again, thank you very mush for your constructive feedback. I'll keep working if more people like you are giving good feedback.

Level 6
Not the lightning. Enrage timer. Boss has too much hp or enrage timer is too soon. Or both, as i said before. Resto druid got oom at the middle of the fight, Holy priest barely holding on. My Frost mage had a lot of items, crit after crit. 1k+ crits i mean. Nuking adds, casting bolts as fast as possible (for a human) on the boss. And is still not enough. The storm with the circle is not the problematic moment.
The second boss has more than twice the Hp and the dmg, compared to the first one. Why? Heroes did not get twice as strong.. Okay, maybe my damage did got doubled, but that was all.

Last edited:
Level 4
Not the lightning. Enrage timer. Boss has too much hp or enrage timer is too soon. Or both, as i said before. Resto druid got oom at the middle of the fight, Holy priest barely holding on. My Frost mage had a lot of items, crit after crit. 1k+ crits i mean. Nuking adds, casting bolts as fast as possible (for a human) on the boss. And is still not enough. The storm with the circle is not the problematic moment.
The second boss has more than twice the Hp and the dmg, compared to the first one. Why? Heroes did not get twice as strong.. Okay, maybe my damage did got doubled, but that was all.

I think I should agree with you now. I'll make a quick update tomorrow.

As for the dumb AI thing, I knew it, but unfortunately there's nothing much I can do at this moment because it's too dangerous to modify the AI's logic at this point.

Level 6
Thank you! I hope then we will be able to pass this boss and move on to the next ones, i like the map. However, in order to get to the second boss, i was saving after each fight, so i can load this moment, if the game freezes.

Level 6
No matter what we do, this map will crash. It's not our fault, sorry. Not sorry.
Edit: Well, after starting over and a lot of loads, we killed the Naga Serpent boss. And then we saw the desktop. As if we are not supposed to kill this boss, because we can't start now even a new game. The map completelly bugged.

Last edited:
Level 4
No matter what we do, this map will crash. It's not our fault, sorry. Not sorry.
Edit: Well, after starting over and a lot of loads, we killed the Naga Serpent boss. And then we saw the desktop. As if we are not supposed to kill this boss, because we can't start now even a new game. The map completelly bugged.
Use 1.30 because I used APIs only available in 1.30+
Also consider use a non-modded version of wc3 if you are doing so.

The map completelly bugged.

is a very non-responsible feedback. At least you should tell me some basic info like
- your OS version
- wc3 version
- under what condition the game crashes, can you reproduce the error

the argue stops now and thanks. do it.

Level 6
You wrote 1.29+ in GitHub. You wrote it, not any one else. We are all using non-modded Wc3.
We are all using Win7, Wc3 1.29 . Conditions are random.
I am not arguing, i am from Bulgaria, we say things as they are.

Level 4
You wrote 1.29+ in GitHub. You wrote it, not any one else. We are all using non-modded Wc3.
We are all using Win7, Wc3 1.29 . Conditions are random.
I am not arguing, i am from Bulgaria, we say things as they are.
OK, thank you for letting me know that. I'll go and update the Readme.

Level 6
Also, do we need those additional features in GitHub? And if yes, how do we connect them to the map, how do we make them work?
Some people will not know. As for me, i tried, ran the .bat files, had the jasshelper, made the system envirioment variables, PATH. Did not help :D

Level 4
Also, do we need those additional features in GitHub? And if yes, how do we connect them to the map, how do we make them work?
Some people will not know. As for me, i tried, ran the .bat files, had the jasshelper, made the system envirioment variables, PATH. Did not help :D
What error does it say?
I think the only problem here is the jasshelper.exe PATH

1. open the folder containing your clijasshelper.exe
2. copy the path, e.g. D:\Applications\Warcraft III\Tools\jasshelper
3. Add the thing in step-2 to your system PATH. Add Path to Environment Variables

Level 6
Also, the name of the jasshelper is 0.A.2.B, not 0.2.A.B as you wrote. Its ok tho; since you added a link to the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.