• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zone Control: Evolution - Triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I've got my terrain laid out and most of the units set and quick-balanced. I'm not too familiar with the triggering aspect of the WC3 Editor and barely know where to start...

- My first boundry is getting 73 different regions, or "Zones", to be a spawning point for WHOEVER builds a "Zone Outpost" in it. Not only that, I also need to make it so you cannot build in a zone that already has a Zone Outpost in it.
- Instead of normal "Evolves" maps, your units do not evolve based on kills or score. You kill units and get lumber, or "Evolution DNA", which can be used to purchase different units for individual zones to spawn. My problem here is that I don't know how to make an individual zone receive the spawn upgrade. I kind of do, but the way I do it will take WAY too many triggers and, I'd imagine, cause the map to lag. There has to be a way to condense such a simple trigger.

For now, I guess that's all I can work on. After these 2 problems are worked out, I can get the map up to a testing state and hopefully near completion. Any and all help, especially with triggering, will be included in the comments within the triggers and in the quest menu's "Credits and Thanks" tab. Not to mention, "HiveWorkshop.com" has already made it onto my loading screen:thumbs_up:. If anyone would like to assist in making this map, just PM me or message me on B.net at Palathism@Azeroth in channel Diablo USA-1.
My thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light in this hole I'm in.

Level 17
You could try to check when a (structure) unit enters a region or is built in a region, set variable(array with number of region) = true.
Add a check trigger that checks if the variable for that region is true, if it is then just remove the builded unit and there you go.

This is just a base idea, i'm away from WE and i'm very tired atm.

Level 2
I'm going to go throw that trigger together right now, see if it solves the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, Terradont.

Level 2
Well, I've been messing around and think I've come up with a way to deal with the 29 different spawns. Bring the wisp to the CoP and get a unit, i.e. Archer. -50 Lumber and give the hero builder an item dubbed; "Archer Spawn Enabler". Build Zone Outpost and give the Archer spawner to it and poof. Good way to make the zones unit interchangable and to keep the game at an easy learning curve. Plus, I know how to make that kind of trigger and it won't be TOO annoying to repeat 72 times.

Still working around a couple issues with the other trigger, kind of got side tracked... After I get the zones working, I'll attach a back-up of the map for all to check out (Pre-Beta Test Only).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.