• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Teamcolored

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
269331-69ca2568bf8454fae01d823c4284521e.png

base model used from Ujimasa's pack:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/zombie-and-derivatives.247672/

Simple edit of Zombie to feature teamcolor on clothing parts. Includes several variations for convenience.

path for the texture is:
units\creeps\Zombie\ZombieB.blp

269403-730d3a8a60780203e639b80b06616e98.png

added Dalaran Zombie version.

path for the texture is:
units\other\DalaranMutant\ZombieA.blp

269332-1f4838415f7cdb3feb9ed73c22a0c914.jpg
Previews
Contents

Mutant Teamcolor Chest (Model)

Mutant Teamcolor Footwraps (Model)

Mutant Teamcolor Full (Model)

Mutant Teamcolor Loincloth (Model)

Mutant Teamcolor No Chest (Model)

Mutant Teamcolor Wristwraps (Model)

Mutant Teamcolor Wristwraps and Footwraps (Model)

Mutant Teamcolor Wristwraps and Loincloth (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Chest (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Chest and Loincloth (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Footwraps (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Full (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Loincloth (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor No Chest (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Wristwraps (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Wristwraps and Footwraps (Model)

Zombie Teamcolor Wristwraps and Loincloth (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Simple and useful derivative models. Probably of use for some mappers.

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
Was happy to see this, but I must say I'm disappointed with the execution. I know it's just a simple edit - but it's not enough team color to really matter. What this guy really needs is something on his back, since in game most of the time all you see is his brown shirt. The bracers are just too small to make a difference.

Level 15
I'm loving your enthusiasm to fix units (and hopefully buildings as well) that have no team colors... which is something that "Blizzie" should've done in the first place. Keep it up!
good.gif

Oh, and since this is about zombies, could you please do the same for the Dalaran mutant? If it isn't too much to ask, that is.
whistle.gif

EDIT: Well, well... you did it! Now we have both team-colored zombies and Dalaran mutants. Excellent!

Last edited:
Level 9
what i did was simply selecting the parts corresponding to the wrap texture, colorify it white, then apply eraser once with size 200-300, opacity set to 45 to obtain transparency on these parts.
Perhaps it had to be a higher value, like 50-55, i dont really know.
you did good grayscaling but i think what you should do next is removing the alpha for color white instead, this will only leave dark detail over transparency
also, try playing around with contrast and color curves before removing the alpha for better effect
and beyond that, if you want more brightness and texture you can do the opposite on a second layer this time removing black, you can then set the layer opacity to 30-40%

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
what i did was simply selecting the parts corresponding to the wrap texture, colorify it white, then apply eraser once with size 200-300, opacity set to 45 to obtain transparency on these parts.
Perhaps it had to be a higher value, like 50-55, i dont really know.
I believe that is correct, a higher value would probably do it

Level 9
is this how you wanted the teamcolor to look like ? on the left
the blackest part of the TC area needs to be solid or only barely solid, here's a quick mockup i did by:
a) grayscaling
b) color white to alpha, 90% layer opacity
c) color black to alpha, 20% layer opacity

if you're using GIMP i can point you in the direction of these tools

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-31 161342.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-31 161342.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 18
the blackest part of the TC area needs to be solid or only barely solid, here's a quick mockup i did by:
a) grayscaling
b) color white to alpha, 90% layer opacity
c) color black to alpha, 20% layer opacity

if you're using GIMP i can point you in the direction of these tools
i do use GIMP, so yes please.

Level 9
i do use GIMP, so yes please.
i believe the order below should be true for other languages and newer versions, personally i recommend using GIMP 2.8
also, if you have spare time i would recommend using and learning the other tools in the color tab as they are all extremely useful in texturing
also if you make a selection using the free selection tool or other and use these filters they will only alter the selected area
beyond that you can and should use paintbrush and layer modes, its the topmost option in their respective windows
if you grayscale a texture and make a transparent layer above it and set it to grain merge you will be able to make recolors with ease
these are some of the things i learned in my years texturing and doing digital art, i hope you find at least some of it helpful

Attachments

• ee.png
    ee.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 15
Level 15
Improvements are always a good thing, so yes, I agree with you three (Shiza, Bawbz, and stein123).

i believe the order below should be true for other languages and newer versions, personally i recommend using GIMP 2.8
Also a GIMP user here. Umm... forgive my curiosity, but why you'd personally recommend the 2.8 version? I mean, what makes it better than the latest versions? By the way, I'm using the 2.10.18 version (and used the 2.8 version a lot during my Windows-XP-using days) on Linux Mint.

Last edited:
Level 9
Improvements are always a good thing, so yes, I agree with you three (Shiza, Bawbz, and stein123).

Also a GIMP user here. Umm... forgive my curiosity, but why you'd personally recommend the 2.8 version? I mean, what makes it better than the latest versions? By the way, I'm using the 2.10.18 version (and used the 2.8 version a lot during my Windows-XP-using days) on Linux Mint.
primarily there's a difference in how some of the brush modes function and imo its detrimental because stuff like hard light seem to work with less precision and malfunctions more easily, beyond that i think there's a bit of feature bloat and the interface is less intuitive, of course its all up to preference at the end of the day