• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie survival

161106-albums3679-picture33652.jpg

Zeatherann Presents:

A Anthro-Vixen Game

Zombie Survival

Story

A group of marines was sent from Capital City to this small town in a forest. When they got there they found that the trees and wildlife was dieing off rapidly. They decided to leave but before they could the first zombie appeared, then a nother, and so on untill they realized this will be a very long night...
Objectives
Humans: You must kill hundreds of zombies to stop them from killing your castle. To win the castle must survive 50 waves of zombies and liches.
Zombies: You must kill the village's castle within 50 waves. Otherwise the ngiht ends and the sun burns your sesitive skins. Kill humans to gain lich allies.
Features:
  • Some items upgrade when you buy them again, or you can say they stack and their effects stack too. More of these kinds of items will be added later.
  • You get income based on how many farms are alive. This is split between allies.
  • Farms also heal other buildings.
  • Ghouls get harder and you get income every wave.
  • Waves are 30 seconds long.
  • Killing a ghoul/zombie/ghost/ect gives you 1 gold.
  • The max Str/Int/Agi is 250.
  • Your hero won't regenerate Rockets like mana because Rockets don't just appear, unless you buy an item to give Rockets.
  • Auto-firing weapons can be bought for extra attack.
  • You only have 1 life, unless you buy Ank.
  • The UI is custom and credits are given for it.
  • A crude achievement system is used.
<1.0>: changed names of hero, added zombies and skellies, also made them not appear on minimap.
<1.1>: Added a victory Timer, you can now win :grin:, also added 2 custom models, both with icons, added a 'boss' zombie hero that harrases you, he has TONS of health and provides every aura but brilliance (zombies have no mana) to his allies so kill him fast, every time you kill him he comes again, but with another level!
<1.2>: When you die you become a Lich, however you are still enemies with the other killed players as you fight for total control of the army!
<1.3>: The terrain/Enviroment is a tad better, done via triggers, this method leaves A TON of memleaks, but they are suppost to be there.
<1.4>: Fixed the hero respawning and optimized more code, also changed terrain back to dalaran ruined.
<1.5>: Changed a few items, also added a loading screen and changed some terrain.
<1.6>: Changed more items.
<1.7>: Yet more items changed/added, also increased the max stat cap to 150 and added a new custom texture for terrain.
<1.8>: Changed Change Weapon spell to Rain of Rockets, now it's more useful. Changed the mana cost for the spells to reflect mrore on how many rockets they fire. Added more zombies, these three ones are ranged, lookout! Added a new skin for the marine, and 1-2 more terrain skins, also redone the UI. Changed the Frag-Cannon's gold cost to 200, up from 5.
<1.9>: Other changes, like terrain/walls done.
<2.0>: Made Zombies harder to kill later in game, also added 6 more player slots.
<2.1>: Added a minimap image to make it look better, removed lanterns that messed up lighting, also added upgradeable items.
<2.2>: Changed the difficulty of zombies, strill trying to find that 'magic number' to make it well balanced. Also added a new 'tome' that gives you 25 attack damage, even if you have 10k attack damage you can still die. added mroe hp to the castle, now at 25k. Lastly redid the armor/attack types you not have unit attack and unit armor and building armor.
<2.3>:
  • Fixed more memory leaks, even the init ones.
  • Changed lich to have his own hero spells.
  • Rebuilt the village to make it less cramped and less square.
  • Made village cliffs use hight tool rather than blizz cliffs.
  • Reskined a terrain texture I made to make it look better.
<2.4>:
  • Added my game 'company' logo to map.
  • Fixed some triggers to make waves/winning/losing better.
  • Removed more leaks.
  • Fixed spawn zombies trigger to remove most of it's lag, still trying on a perm solution to it.
  • Added more automatic weapons to the propor store, also redid the other ones there.
  • Changed 'wall of text' at beginning.
  • *Fixed BBC code tag error in description.
  • Changed description to match (format wise) my other map(s).

Map is unprotected.

PS: I'ma noob at images online so if there's a tut for porsting screenshot I'll add those. Thanks

Keywords:
zombie, zombies, ghoul, arena, minigame, hero arena, hero, arena, death, doom, defence, village, zeatherann, zeath, ghost, skelly, villager, forest
Contents

Zombie survival (Map)

Reviews
21:01, 29th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Yet another zombie map (unfortunately), yet this time it seems more fun than usual. Review: Post #34. Other (older) review: Post #15.

M

21:01, 29th Jul 2010
ap0calypse: Approved

Yet another zombie map (unfortunately), yet this time it seems more fun than usual.

Review: Post #34.

Other (older) review: Post #15.

Level 4
a really nice map.:smile:

But, I must say some things: (I was cheating yes)
- the "Marines" have the Mountain kings names.:confused: is this planed?
- the super Item tooltip doesn't display speed boost.

Very Opptional
-I suggests you hide the zombies on the minimap adding a slight difficulty.
--Stats - Hide Minimap Display TRUE
-add some variants to the attacking zombies.

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 5,398
OK JimStenberg nice helpful comment, tells me what could be down how you liked it ect (not like "this is lame" or "i lvoe it").
The names sorta fit, sorta forgot, but i can and will update map with what you said after this post, i know how to hide things from MM (done it quite a lot) but very useful telling how just in case:)
For the diff zombies you mean in power and model or just model? and gold reward?
-Thanks

Edit: DANG MAN, nice reconation on the names, not many would've got that. hehe
Edit: Normal Blizz items don't show increase in movespeed, and there was no need to change the item effect.
Edit (again): Oh you mean the Scope of Attack? yea it does, 15% gotta look for it :X

Level 4
With different zombies I meant in model, but all things you mention is good (power, model, gold reward). anything that contribute to the variety increase the game-play feeling.

Edit: you might even do a random colour (about 75%-100%) on the units that is spawned.

Edit: I believe the hive can offer
--Forsaken Deathgaurd
--GhoulMurloc
--Power Lich

Edit: I played the updated map:thumbs_up: and I see that you don't need any more model. Very nice 5/5 + approval

Last edited:
Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

One of the endless zombie map, nothing to make unique except the custom UI and the models.

[+]Spells seemed ok, altough too common, you could probably use some custom icons for them too.
[+]Small map size file, which is good as it makes gamer easier to be played in Bnet.
[+]You have a nice description, informing player about all aspects of game play.A few screenshots added would also help!
[-]Map is unbalanced, i just bought 6 removable armors and made me invicible, i could kill most of the creeps with ease.But after a few waves game became too hard, creeps could own me too easy.
[-]Map started suddenly, i didn't even knew where to go or what to do when i saw creeps attacking me.You could wait some seconds then start spawning the creeps.Give players some time to read the tooltips of their spells or have a look at the items.
[-]Your terrain is lacking, you only have small terrain deformations blight and blight and some more blight.You also have mass towers in your base.You have to improve the look of it...
[-]I was defeated in the end of the game before the cinematic was over..fix this.

Overall rating:2/5

I would suggest you to add custom spells to your heroes, something with more effects of the classical "BAM" style cause it certainly matches your game style.
~ r3

ok thanks for the tag error
and as for the review, great it told me exactly what to do!
- the unbalanced-ness: i have 1 question, did you solo it? this is ment to be a team game, at least untill i can get an AI.
- Thanks for the 'sudden start' thing, i'll fix that
- What would you suggest for terrain?
- The cini never ends it's suppost to defeat you before it's over, but i think a timing error is that it does so before the last text dissapears (note: you can end with esc any time)
- Will add screenies (can someone PM me how to? never done it before and i can't figure it out :X)
-Thanks

Last edited:
Level 15
No problem at all :)
I played the game both solo and multiplayer and i still noticed the same problem.
You add screenshots with the IMG tags.
And about cinematic yeah..you should wait for it to end and then defeat players.
And about terrain...i don't know be creative!I'm not a great terrainer myself:hohum:

Lol, they are fun to make and cause there are quite a few it means that for any more to be good they have to be unique in some way, i'm trying to add those factors, also if the map's bad let me know and tell me what should be fixed/changed.
-Thanks

Edit
This edit was done to avoid double-posting. If anyone can tell me why the mini-map image is not the imported one i would be gratful.

Last edited:
If I had suggestions of what to do and any/all code fixes I'll gladly update ASAP. Currently this map has gone inactive for the time being. I'm working on Wilderness Survival 2, a take off KhullGyphon's original map. Also making an edit on Blizzard's War Chasers to include better code/systems and 8 new heroes, all of which I think is either a custom skin or model. Same goes for Castle Warz.

If you want I can work with this map, it's small so it'll be easy.

Level 27
Screenshots:
1. Press Screen Shot whileplaying your map. If you won't be able to find or open the screenshot in warcraft 3 files, you can alt+tab from Warcraft after screenshoting, open paint, paste the pisture and save as JPG.
2. Upload JPG to your album.
3. In your THW album, there should be BB code tags or whatever under pisture. Copy them and paste into description.

Level 6
Review Time #31 {Final Score:178/200}

CWeener's Review {Protected maps} V4.29 Review of # 31

Reviewing the map "Zombie survival"

Rating System (in weener points:)

1-10 Originality
1-10 Replayability (discounted for most cinematics*)
1-10 Triggering (discounted for protected maps*)
1-10 Terraining
1-10 Object Managing (custom items and destructibles etc...)
1-10 Spells (if applies**)
1-10 Description (On THW and In-game (Loading Screen and information))
1-15 Engaging a.k.a. fun to play
1-15 Misc (size, system implementation, laginess etc...)
-100 or +100 for abiding by THW rules.
* = when one is discounted then other sections maximums are raised, and those sections are judged harder (if your map applies then it will show you what i raised later)
** = some maps dont really need spells so this section is discounted and given an automatic 10.
Rating System Scores

Less than 100 = FF- (Reported, You clearly didnt abide by all of the posting rules, and i have reported you for (not) doing so.)
100-150 Points = F- (Rancid and Needs major work. Vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
151-160 Points = F (Bad and Needs work. vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
161-170 Points = D (Below Average and Needs much updating. has potential. vote for rejection and no +rep.)
171-180 Points = C (Okay but Needs updates. has potential. vote for rejection* and no +rep.)
181-190 Points = B (Good but still not reaching full potential vote for approval and +rep)
191-199 Points = A (Great and probably has reached full potential**. good job. vote for approval and +rep.)
200 Points = A+ (Amazing, you did everything right and went all out, approval and +rep)

* = depending on the map really, and what categories it scored low in
** = not always but most cases.
Zombie survival

1-10 Originality *4* Zombies+Survival=unoriginal.
1-10 Replayability *7* No lag, although, it gets boring after a bit.
1-10 Terraining *10* Great, for a map like this.
1-10 Triggering *6* You leak a lot in your jass triggers. You need to null all local handles. If you need a complete list I can get that to you, but the one you use must be nulled.(things like player, unit, etc...) and for groups just destroy them with DestroyGroup(). Also, in a custom script (GUI Trigger) I saw that you null a location, then destroy it. Just Destroy it. You also use too many BJs.
1-10 Object Managing *10* Not much work, but not bad work.
1-10 Spells *7* Needs more...something...
1-10 Description *10* fine job here.
1-15 Engaging *12* Good with friends, but it does get boring ater 2-3 plays.
1-15 Misc *12* You need to be able to pick your classes. And you should make different class too.
-100 or 100 Rules *100* :grin:
0-200 All-in-all *178* C (Okay but Needs updates. has potential. vote for rejection* and no +rep.)

Author's Note,

You did a zombie map, and there isn't much to say about it. You should add classes, and maybe a more complex AI.
I did like it however, so good job.

Bugs:
Well, not so much a bug, but still, they try to attack walls...and you can see the hp of walls. >.< Go to the obj editor->go to your walls->abilities - normal->Add locust and Invulnerable(Neutral)
That will make it much better.

Recommendations:
Maybe visit a Jass leak tutorial.
Do the thing with the walls.
Add classes.
Add more in-depth AI.

[Liked]

I actually like the idea and maps like it.
The undead thing.

[Didn't like]
Other than what I've already stated,
The 1-100 attack stuff is bullshit. We could do 1 attack or 100, where's the good there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If any map I've reviewed has been updated, feel free the ask me to re-review it. or if I haven't reviewed YOUR map, feel free to ask me. :)
About Images in description.
Go to ImageShack and set up a free account there. Then upload the pics(Be sure they are JPG format)
I don't use the pastebin because stuff gets deleted after time., which is bad for a description.
Next come here and do the IMG tags in your description.
If you need to know how to use an image tag I will be putting an image in a hidden tag below, so you can just quote this message and look in there.

whitehairedanimegirlcrya.jpg

Last edited:
Level 28
Seeing the reviews here, I can't reject the map, thus I'll have to go for approval.
I'll give you a few hints though:

1. Replace the walls, these types of walls already have a bad texture at size 1.00, if you double that, it becomes... well, you can see the outcome yourself, can't you?
  2. The castle is being swallowed by the walls, fix that.
  3. Don't use flashy colors, especially not if you made a typo in a word with the flashy color (such as "Wealcome"), it's impossible not to see it and it hurts my eyes.
  4. Recheck all your text:
    - There are a lot of typo's
    - The intro is a huge wall of text (you're being overwhelmed by both the cinematic AND the screen text, which are both massive blocks... there is no way that is even healthy).
  5. Work on your JASS, really.
    Also, 'every 0.01 seconds'? That's way too frequent, no matter how you look at it.

Thanks the walls are ment to be able to be killed. I'll fix the wall of text. The every 0.01 seconds is for zombie spawn, i'll put it to the min, just forgot at the time i made the trigger. Still cleaning leaks and typo's. The 1-100 is so that the lich can't own buildings or units in every few shots. It makes it more balanced so to say. The balance comes from high level lichs with the ability to deal 25 times their damage to buildings.

What wall would you suggest?

Clases i've been thinking about, I'll add them once the other stuff is done.

Edit: Thanks for the reviews!

Level 16
Is this map some kind of joke? The undead have like 100 armor and are impossible to kill. I died in 1 hit from a Zombie. The terran looks wierd. And there are obvious spelling mistakes all over the place. And why attempt a story if your going to make it so cliche', lame, predictable and rushed?

Zombies+Survival=unoriginal.

And that quote is from a review. Lol, thats a sad comment. Originality is if something hasnt been done before. Every style of game has been done before. Survival, tower defence, RPG, etc. Its all be done before you fool. You dont say something is unoriginal because its a zombie survival! What makes a game original is how they go about exploring the chosen genre. Any new mechanics, or ideas, etc.

Needs more...something...

lol. Once again, very informative. You helped the creator out a lot.

No lag, although, it gets boring after a bit.

Whats lag got to do with replayability? And again, very informative with the boring thing.

Whoa, total necropost, a reminder that I still have this map. Mayhaps I should gid it out of my maps folder again and finish the new version.

As far as balance: my friends and I extensively played this map and found only one issue; Lich's become too powerful late game with their carrion swarm like spell as it instagibs the players.

I assure you the terrain was the first thing I replaced.

PS: Figured out what my weekend project is now.