• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Survival

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「Zombie Survival」

By Miky

Gameplay
[tr]
A solo simple zombie survival in wich you must survive at 25 wave of zombies and at the end defeat the zombie immense, the final boss, for win.
If you will die don't exit the game the game continue...

For any bug or a word with a bad translate leave a comment please.

Screenshots
[tr]
1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

Features
[tr]
7 Difficulties
7 Type of Zombies
Play as Survivor or Zombie
2 Different Camera: Normal and First Person

Credits
[tr]
Tanks to:
epsilon for is zombie dog model,
The Weird Human for is prisoner model (Zombie Fresh),
Leopard for is flesh giant skin (Zombie Immense,
hellblazer-14 for is HD fire pit,
Hellish Hybrid for his zombie marine model,
Hellish Hybrid for his canvas tent.

Changelog
[tr]
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Zombie, Survival, Solo, Apocalypse, Undead, Survive, Survivors, Wave, Waves, Miky.
Contents

Zombie Survival (Map)

Reviews
17:30, 20th Aug 2013 Orcnet: needs more work
Level 5
Review

Here is my review

Good Things

-Nice plot-idea
-Nice terrian
-good boss
-nice try :p
-Big enougth map for chase and defence while moving survival
Bad Things

-Your map says zombie island but the terrian isn't an island like...
-After 15 wave things are getting to bad without cheats or money
-Descreption tells me nothing to download
-Hero spells (at this moment) are useless
What to improve?

-Make the terrian look like a Island or change the map name to something ealse cause this is no island...
-Upgrade the loot or make the waves a bit easier
-Fix descreption
-Fix player spells or remake them(i prefer the second)
Finall review:

Terrian 3/5
Units 3/5
Triggers 4/5
Idea 3/5 ( zombie survival is too common the last 3 years)

Grand Total:3.25

Note:I really dont like zombie survival maps with some exeptions but this doesnt make me download it when i see it.It isnt too much attractive.Maybe add some screen shots or add an image to the game minimap view.

Sorry about the island thing....Im just blind :p
To take screen shots just press Print/prtscr and ctr+v to paste to photoshop or whatever you use.Then using the im code of the Hive pase it to you map descreption.

Last edited:
Level 10
The screenshot is a false, fix it, and add more players. Terrain needs Improvements

You know, you can't just say "add more players". A game is designed for a certain amount of people, so in this case one; it's the owners choice.

If this is a suggestion, make it seem more like one rather than you demanding it

Level 16
  • Add a sky. During the cinematic, the sky is black. This is because you have not set it yet.
    A green or creepy sky suits a zombie game.

Make use of sounds during the cinematic. There was a closeup of that mountain giant thing.
    Imagine he made some creepy moan sound? Add some interest to your cinematic with appropriate
    special effects (maybe some blood effects) and some sound effects.

Finally, the Fight at the end of the cinematic is a little too long. It would be better to hasten the
    fight, or fade out halfway through it and get on with the game.

• As mentioned above, this game would be pretty cool with extra players. Consider multiplayer :)

• And you can work on the terrain a bit. I disagree with the review above, there is not much interest
    in the terrain. Consider using more textures on the ground. Maybe vines around the trees. Some rough
    dirt around the zombie spawns. You can increase the amount of tiles in your map.

Advanced - Modify Tilesets

Even throw in some shrubs, different variations of trees, a few rocks.

• Add long term interest. All you can do in this game is use useless spells which
    don't do any damage (2 of which are passive and you don't interact with at all) and attack zombie.
    Oh and build a couple of barricades. You need to add more complexity to your game. More buildings
    maybe? Spells that actually have an impact on the game (like mentioned above). A level 6 ability?
    Add more buildings to the game. Add items.

When you start giving the player more things to do, it becomes interesting. Make use of food limit
    by adding a mercenary for units. Add gold received from killing zombies. Put a shop in a few areas to buy
    med packs, armour, etc. Add stuff. Its basic at the moment.

Upload your images to an ALBUM here on the Hive, the add the image url in where you have your image address in the description. You posted the image pathname in your hardrive. This does not get pictures. Use the
226052-albums6627-picture72616.jpg
button in the top right corner to make changes to your description. This is why I don't recommend using description generator. You will need to learn some basic bbcode at some point. I hope some of these links help.

Last edited:
Level 30
-The first person camera view is bad, since the marine has a very low long range and not enough damage power to kill a zombie, ditch it out and using the esc button as well instead do a chat command

-Cinematic takes too long to finish only showing a spam fest of units clashing each other

-when you die, you become a zombie marine and ends up attacking a sudden pop out marine base, without hordes of zombies, creeping it out in hell mode is ludicrous.

-The game has no mission whatsoever, just a hack and slash simple type of map.

-Terrain has no atmosphere of decay or ruin type of event

In short, map needs more work.