• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Survival Z v3.2

Zombie Survival Z is a project I'v been working on in my spare time. The idea behind it was to stick a bunch of people in a fairly empty building with next to nothing and have them see how long they can survive a zombie onslaught.

As you play you'll start building up defenses and finding items, item spawns are random and there are also special items that allow you to build things around the house that unlock even more new items.

As you play you gain points for different reasons, and after everyone is done you can see how you did compared to others as well as get a rank as a team- this is just for fun. Though you'll get rewards now and then for your score.

If you die you can keep playing as a ghost player until the others die or you're revived, which is hopefully more interesting than having nothing to do.
Contents

Zombie Survival Z v3.2 (Map)

Reviews
Ghan_04: Elimination of memory leaks would improve this map, but for now, approved.

M

Ghan_04: Elimination of memory leaks would improve this map, but for now, approved.

Level 3
I wasn't going to upload 2.7 so soon, but the ranks and levels/waves were getting so messy I just redid all of them, things should flow smoother across the whole of the game instead of so many boss fights just hitting you one after another early on.

Sorry to those who DL'd 2.6 already.

Level 3
I'v uploaded 2.8, 2.7 made the game easier than it should be. 2.8 better balances the zombie waves with the boss waves as well as many other small balance tweaks.

I'v worried about memory leaks in the past with this map but after many games over about the past year with many people I haven't noticed the effects of memory leaks or had anyone else mention it.

Level 6
Hey! I love your game. It inspired me to make zombie games, and now I make resident evil based games. You can check out my game Resident Evil ISG. You might like it =). Anyways, as for your memory leak problems, i had that problem too and almost made me quit map making. BUT I found how to fix it. No JASS is needed. Just go to the trigger editor and follow these instructions. http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27242
Oh, One more thing. I'm currently playing your map and, I think it'd be more fun if you make the regular zombie's range 50 instead of 100 melee =). please make it 50. You don't have to of course. =). It'll make the game easier because right now, all the noobies are dying too soon.

Level 3
2.9 is out, there are no new buildings or weapons this version, but there are bug fixes, map changes, balance tweaks, and new abilities on existing buildings based on player feedback.

Thank you for the review SamNainocard, I hope the changes I'v made in 2.9 interest you. I plan on adding a new goodie or two for players in 3.0.

Hearing my map inspired you to try a similar map style is wonderful MrBimbo! I'll try your maps once I get a chance and comment on them, I'd also like to thank you for the tutorial link, I think I'll try cleaning my map up some in 3.0 now that I see how.

Level 3
Yes I know that but the fact that people still leave when they died and some do not even use the ghost at all. Maybe if you make ghost a bit more fun.. or having a purpose in like you will revive when you reach a certain level or something like that may help? What I noticed is the reviver will spawn at 4k score. The reviver will also cost 280 wood which is a lot ( Note this is for V 2.8 I do now know of any changes for this)

Level 5
Z-Tek Generic Rebuilder's problem is only restock cooldown for me though.

Hey, I found a bug about Breakdown Parts
if you use it and do whatever that won't make cooldown run, the item won't disappear in while new item will still come out.
And when Breakdown Parts with Z-Tek/Hammer also cost mana sometime ( because both skill is base on Storm Bolt, right? )

Level 3
3.0 has been uploaded, it fixes some bugs, make some balance tweaks, and removes many memory leaks so the game runs smoother and exits easier later on.

This will likely be the last version I release for ZSZ unless there are any important bugs or balance issues that need addressing.

Level 7
This isn't the final version ;)

The change I would like to see:
1) Some tips about the game. How to play, etc.
2) I'm dieing to know how to revive others. I bet the game would be a lot more playable if the revive would be easy to do.
3) The game has a lot of mysteries.
4) Where to get the cameras? Are they sold in a building.
5) I REALY suggest to point a "message" when a building appears. The name of the building should be stated, but the location shouldn't be revealed.
6) Ally attacking. When i was playing some noob killed my humans, and me afterwards :D Need an anti-ally attack trigger.
7) Survivors turning into riflemen? You should write a tip or something about how this is done.
8) The game has a HUGE problem with getting ammo.

All the things i suggest are for players to play this map more :D

Level 7
A couple of more things:
When you click the same profession again, you turn into a peasant. It isn't sayd anywhere so i suggestion you write a tip about this too.

So about the ammo problem again: What about adding a small regeneration rate to peasants? Something like 0.1 (1 mana for 10 seconds). Then there would be a point for turning into peasants, and it wouldn't be too fast.

An idea about reviving: The revive, how I allready sayd, should be easily obtainable. So i suggest the players that died, and turned into ghosts to become zombies themselves if they are not revived after 7-8 minutes (shouldn't be too short for players to revive, and shouldn't be too long for players to get bored and leave as a ghost).

Chasing your own teammate as a zombie would be fun :D

And about balance: rifleman's mana cost is too high. The 1-3 damage he deals isn't worth 2 mana, even if he has high range. I would better go z-tek, and make a human for 4 mana, while with rifleman I sometimes even won't be able to kill from 2 shots!

+I thing the Z-Tek should cost 5 mana, because he's kind of imba, and all people only want to play HIM.

And an idea for a million: Instead of writing the mana cost low/high i suggest writing a number. Unlike other stats, mana is a realy required stat, and needs to be precise. Other stats should be left as they are.

AND! Once you finish the v3.1, you can pm me, and i'll optimize it for you. I mean it'll be down from 260 kb to 125 kb, and load faster.

Hope to see the next version soon :D

Level 3
Your intrest in ZSZ makes me smile Somaz, I'll keep the things you've said in mind.

However I'm still pretty much done with ZSZ unless there are any really stand-out bugs or balance issues.

Right now I'm working on ZSZ2, part 2. I'v been working on ZSZ1 a little at a time for the past 2 years so I think I need to go ahead on move on using the skills I'v gained in that time. I'll be moving the game from a mansion to a village and redoing a lot of things as well as making cleaner triggering so the larger map is possible without much lag/leak issues. I'll make sure ZSZ2 has a proper help manual in quests.

Level 7
Ohhh.... I like the mansion :D Hope the village will have several houses like the mansion ;)

Could you please realease a 3.1 in the mean time with those ideas :D

Or if ZSZ2 will be realeased soon, you can add those ideas in it.

Level 7
Oh and fix the Z-tek/Hammer bug, i mean the one with breaking parts. They are all based of the same skill (storm bolt/fireball), so you should fix it.

And i heard the reviver spawns at 4k score? You kidding me :D ?

Level 7
I forgot one thing. Could you please make the game show a message when i player dies? Realy helps a lot at knowing you're not the last.

As for the Break bug, i suggest using soul burn. It's not the same effect as storm bolt, so it'll do.

And please could you make v3.1 with all these changes :D ? REALY waiting!

Level 7
I MADE IT TO THE 12th level!
And i found how to revive, and you know... it hurts people.

The revive has got only 1 charge, so you need to choose what people to revive.

I suggest this:
Give the reviver a 300 second cooldown, and 15 mana cost. Unlimited charges. This would be a lot more fun for everyone.

I also suggest increasing the ammo charges by 1 (to 5) for balance purposes. Forget about balancing rifle :D

Oh and i thought of this:
Can i take over ZSZ? Not to mean anything bad, but there are a lot of changes need to be done (see my other posts) + I will clean the triggers.

You sayd you were working on ZSZ2, so i can take ZSZ in the mean time. I don't think you have much time left on ZSZ, so i can help you out :)

P.S. Don't forget to write here, or pm me when you release ZSZ2, i'm dieing to try it out :D

Oh and, if you realy don't want me to edit the map, just say so.

Level 6
Lol. Wow Somaz and you had quite a convo ;). I agree with Zulgaines. I like his idea of having his map open and free to the public. It enhances map making so that others can learn from what you made and make other great games! Then someone else can take their ideas and make something greater. That's how programmers should really do it =).

3.0 is out. SWEET! I'm gonna go host it now!

Level 7
Well, i finished editing the map.

It's called Zombie Survival Z v4.0 [SM]. The only credit i gave to my self, is changed the map author to "Zulgaines & SomaZ *meister".

I cleaned the triggers, removed a lot of memory leaks, reduced the size by fixing some triggers, and improved performace.

I only made some balance changes and also did this:
Instead of writing the mana cost low/high i suggest writing a number. Unlike other stats, mana is a realy required stat, and needs to be precise. Other stats should be left as they are.

I added some tips ingame (did you know about the kick command ?), and increased the player count to 10 (from 8).

The map also has been optimized and protected (kind of, i just checked the box "Remove as much WE data as possible" to reduce size).

I'm not going to upload the map, at least any time soon. I'll just play it online myself with some players :D

Zulgaines! Keep up the good work on ZSZ2! Make it the BEST!

Level 3
i have one question, why is it, that after you survive long enough the massive crowd of zombies ignores you and stands still, and lets you kill them?

Level 5
hey good map and its kinda fun playing it with friends but I`m more like a terainer and it boders me that the terain is just too boring or something like that so in the 3.1 you should improve the terain like puting more doodads and other stuff/good luck
my rating is 4/5

Level 6
Nice! But a couple suggestions:
1: Make a Weapon Proficiency. Like every 5 kills, you gain a new level, which increases that weapon's damage by 1. e.g. You kill 5 zombies with a sword. You do 5-5 rather than 4-4.
2: Maybe make the red colored zombies harder? I like 5 shotted it with a sword, without taking any damage.
3: Zombies either need to be in less numbers or make survivors have more health. With a single barricade destroyedi nto my base, about 7 transformed survivors die, making me die.
4: Again, MORE HEALTH or atleast a "hospital" building (If there is one, I didn't know) that you can upgrade your health capacity and add health regen.
5: Maybe change the primary survivor to a hero with .1 gain of every stat with each level.
Minor Things:
The guns are all slow... Maybe a machine gun or handgun would make the game more interesting and a little better for single player? (I can't host, so I gotta play alone rather than on B.Net)
Also, again, Weapon Proficiencies. That would be cool. Then the game will be more worthwhile.
Proffessions learned from buildings. e.g. The Mechanics Factory. You can learn how to build machinery and vehicles, like motorcycles or armed military jeeps.

Last edited:
Level 3
Decided to play a little WC3 the other day, and realized I'v had 3.0 uploaded to this site for a couple years now? Jeez... updated the DL to 3.2 for the heck of it.

As for the part 2 I never was able to engross myself in working on it like I was on this, sorry guys.