• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zin-Azshari

Zin-Azshari

Zin-Azshari was the capital of Kaldorei Empire, 10,000 years ago, surrounding the Well of Eternity.
The night elves named the city after Queen Azshara. The Well of Eternity radiates power in all of Kalimdor and the Highborne's addiction to arcane magic attracted the Burning Legion.

Seek refuge in the ancient city of Zin-Azshari, where people of Azeroth stand its ground to defend against the Burning Legion.

Map Specifics

208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players

208430-a0bf11462cec6338b8e882705c9309cd.jpg
Creep Camps
10 12 5

208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings

208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines

- Uploaded.

- Creep characteristics fix
- Added Tavern

- Reworked base camp
- Added Creep camps

- Small changes in trees

- Added a Red camp in the middle of the 2 fountains in the middle.
- Moved the Tavern building to the north and south entrances of the middle part. Also added one tree beside the Tavern.
- Replaced the previous the 4 Tarvern building locations with a green camp.
- Added more trees.

Ardenian - Custom Tile Skins, Trees
Hexus - Fountain Statue

This map was inspired by the Nightsong introduced in WoW: Cataclysm.
While I was just browsing stuff on Youtube I just randomly found this song, music is beautiful and powerful. It shows the regal authority of the night elves and also their connection to nature or something like that.
Here is the link to the video if you're interested:
Contents

Zin-Azshari (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Author and username difference. 1. Try not having trees being so far to each other especially in the main bases and nearest expansions where players could potentially hide small units like workers to spy. Put them close to each other and add more...
deepstrasz
1. Trees are still distanced as seen in this image: 2. The Enraged Elemental groups in the south and north need their camp range to lowest. Same with the Thunder Lizards and Furbolgs. 3. Try not using only one grass tile so monotonously in the main...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Yes indeed is is a beautiful map. However, I mostly look at maps from a balance point of view. Do you care about this and would like some feedback? If you didnt intend your map to be balanced for competitive play, then fine. In any case, I would suggest you fix the following oversights:
-Creeps not on 200 attack range. They should be, except at gold mines.
-Some item drop chances are not 100%.
-Map is not "melee (latest patch)".
-I think most creep spots should drop some kind of item(s).

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Regarding creeps shouldn't it be the other way around with the attack range because the normal is 600?

Unfortunately, I do not have the latest patch. Would that create some problems?
Commonly any creep that isnt near a gold mine will be 200 range because otherwise they will have a huge range at which they attack units that walk past them. Goldmine creeps whould be at 500 range so that no building can be placed next to them. Check any ladder melee map and you will find maybe one in hundred creep camps to be different from this rule.

I think the "latest patch" option means that you will only play it on the latest patch you have installed on your wc3, so there should not be an issue. If you dont have that option, you will not have tinker, alchemist, firelord and severla balance changes available on your map.

Level 29
Regarding creeps shouldn't it be the other way around with the attack range because the normal is 600?

Unfortunately, I do not have the latest patch. Would that create some problems?
you don´t need to have the latest patch, I am working with the 1.21 v, what you need to do is:

go to map properties : options and in the last slot (below water color), put "Melee last patch", if you do not do that the heroes like the goblin tinker, goblin alchemist and the firelord can´t be used, thats why

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Author and username difference.

1. Try not having trees being so far to each other especially in the main bases and nearest expansions where players could potentially hide small units like workers to spy. Put them close to each other and add more where empty space remains.
2. Neutral camps which are not guarding mines or are near the paths where player units might pass need to have their camp range set to the lowest. Weird thing is that you've put the low camp range to the guardians of the midsouth and northern mines where you could build towers to kill them easily.
3. The terrain is pretty much entirely flat. Some places, especially those with only one tile as floors and walls, could make use of some decorations.
4. Not sure how balanced are the wildkins guarding the mines compared to the trolls. You might want to put them vs each other and see if every time the same camp wins.
5. Trees aren't quite that many in the starting positions but well the build space is also limited.
6. There are also many places where you could place neutral camps like in front of the big statues in the middle.

You can take a look at these:
Competitive Melee Map
How to create Melee Maps
A Beginner's Guide to Map Making
General - Melee Maps like the Professionals
A Guideline to Terraining and the Hive's Terraining Section

Awaiting Update.

===============================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

This is really a good looking melee map and has extremely nice environment. 5/5 :D

Level 19
Author and username difference.

1. Try not having trees being so far to each other especially in the main bases and nearest expansions where players could potentially hide small units like workers to spy. Put them close to each other and add more where empty space remains.
2. Neutral camps which are not guarding mines or are near the paths where player units might pass need to have their camp range set to the lowest. Weird thing is that you've put the low camp range to the guardians of the midsouth and northern mines where you could build towers to kill them easily.

3. The terrain is pretty much entirely flat. Some places, especially those with only one tile as floors and walls, could make use of some decorations.
4. Not sure how balanced are the wildkins guarding the mines compared to the trolls. You might want to put them vs each other and see if every time the same camp wins.
5. Trees aren't quite that many in the starting positions but well the build space is also limited.
6. There are also many places where you could place neutral camps like in front of the big statues in the middle.

I've changed the set up of the base and made it bigger but the expansion camp is still small and its intended as a resource area.
I added more decorations on the sides since it really looks empty but I'm trying not to cramp too much deco that it might hinder unit movement.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Trees are still distanced as seen in this image:
zinashaTrees.jpg
2. The Enraged Elemental groups in the south and north need their camp range to lowest. Same with the Thunder Lizards and Furbolgs.
3. Try not using only one grass tile so monotonously in the main bases.
4. The middle might be a problem in terms of an abusive place with both fountains there unguarded. Protecting them would kill rushing through the middle in the early game.
5. I suggest leaving the drops only on the big dragon. Also, it looks like there are the same drops each time.
6. One of the golem camps defending a Merchant has lowest camp range while the other has maximum or unaffected camp range.

Awaiting Update

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You can still pass through trees in the southeastern base. Please use the view pathing from the View on the editor's menu bar or simply press P in the editor. Fill spaces with trees and/or put trees closer to each other.

Approved.

Level 19
You can still pass through trees in the southeastern base. Please use the view pathing from the View on the editor's menu bar or simply press P in the editor. Fill spaces with trees and/or put trees closer to each other.

Approved.
Hey I fixed the trees in the southeastern base. :goblin_yeah:

Scratch that I rechecked again and truly fixed even in the other bases.

Last edited: