• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Zealot and Archon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26

I could say that the concept of fusing two weird alien beings to make a big glowy ball of energy that fires lightning bolts is equally stupid >_>

Oh, and how it shields itself without technology, when the rest of the Protoss seem to need technology to do such a thing.

Just because SC did it differently doesn't mean that's how it needs to be done above and beyond.
.. I am not going to argue with you again because of your inability to understand alternate realities. If starcraft stated how two high templars or two dark templars could form something that has a combination of both powers, I wouldn't be complaining. But it didn't. Logic and science not stated in a story is assumed to coincide with real life, or else it would be hard to make heads or tails of a story. I believe Elenai knows it better if you were to talk about Eragon.

Level 40
What I was trying to get across is that they don't need to follow SC1 to the letter (hell, if so then it would be SC1)

They probably have an explanation for why that works somewhere in the description, I haven't read it in detail...

Different reasoning--

Don't forget that a Science Vessel would more than cover the screen if it was to-scale, to properly represent sizes in SC1.

However, it didn't. Why? Gameplay first, to a degree.

In this case, they become much more versatile when you can use any combination of templar to form them.

For the moment, Just_Spectating, MC is removed. (It's mentioned in one of the later Q&As in a "why did X ability get removed..." question), but you never know, they may do a 180 and put it (or even DAs) back in.

Archon-Twilight Archon-Dark Archon all together would be awesome - Have both extremes and a compromise.

Or maybe a TA with Maelstrom instead of Feedback... more of a hunter-killer than a sniper, would be nice as well (in different situations)

Level 26
What I was trying to get across is that they don't need to follow SC1 to the letter (hell, if so then it would be SC1)
Not follow, but such things demand to make more sense.
They probably have an explanation for why that works somewhere in the description, I haven't read it in detail...
Let's just hope.
Different reasoning--

Don't forget that a Science Vessel would more than cover the screen if it was to-scale, to properly represent sizes in SC1.

However, it didn't. Why? Gameplay first, to a degree.)
Yeah, gameplay, stuff and stuff, plenty of huge flagships sized down, but you know what they represent. Just like how in some games, a single unit could represent a group of soldiers. The abilities of high/dark templars to combine with themselves to form the powers of the other represents nothing in our knowledge. Let's just hope they have some 'splaining to do.

Level 34
I can't wait to play it. I have just recently gone back to playing Starcraft. I forgot how awesome that game was.

Status
Not open for further replies.