• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zaroz's ORPG

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Zaroz's RPG
-----------

My first map ever! Please comment lots so i can improve this map!
Please note that I'm still in school so I would not be able to do
much.

Credits

MODELS

Kitabatake
General Frank
Dionesiist
Tenebrae
and lots of others (please e-mail me ur names)

As you have probably realized that I am very disorganized.
I put the models in random orders and now i can't find who
the maker was so please, i do not mean to offend anyone.

Keywords:
Warcraft
Contents

Zaroz's ORPG (Map)

Reviews
18:13, 25th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Read what apocalypSe had written, don't upload maps such as this here, Rejected.

M

18:13, 25th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Read what apocalypSe had written, don't upload maps such as this here, Rejected.

Level 28
I'll give you a full list of things you need to improve/add:

• Credits are very important, look them up!
  • Change the terrain, it is a flat, plan terrain - look at a forest and try to rebuild that inside the World Editor (tip: use custom tree models)
  • Change the abilities, you just gave existing abilities to your heroes (without changing anything).
  • Do not use weapon/armor models if they do not fit some heroes
  • Reviving units at the place of their death is a bad idea
  • Make quests
  • Make all the creeps from player 12, not half of them player 12 and the rest neutral hostile
  • Red can have 2 heroes at the start, because he already has one
  • Don't mass doodads (like lightning at the orc base)
  • Create more items (a lot more)
  • Change the description of everthing
  • It's not a requirement, but let the hero carry max. 1 weapon/shield/armor
  • The models do not fit the map, Blizzard models look really good, you know?
  • The triggers are of a very low quality and very chaotic (you can combine all your triggers into 4 triggers, now you've 41...)
  • Knowing you've only got 4 triggers, that explains why the gameplay isn't good (improve the gameplay)
  • A huge part of the terrain isn't used
  • ORPG = Open RPG, where you can save/load - RPG = an RPG where you cannot save your character
  • Almost no information about the map given
  • Create a larger variety of creeps
  • Create a story, every good RPG has a story (ORPG's can be good without a story)
  • Remove a lot of models, the filesize is way too big for this map (1mb would do as filesize)
  • Watch which models you import, some models are ment for campaigns/single player, like the blood elf guard with about 600KB)
  • Fix the attribute bonus (description or effect, your choice)
  • At least change the undead units' properties, instead of leaving it as it is

This is a pretty long list, which contains most of the basic requirements...
Keep improving the map, but don't post it here untill it is worth it ;)

The fact that your 41 triggers can be combined to 4 triggers already shows that you've got a lot to learn.
Go mess up a test-map with triggers, so you can learn or something...

Do I still need to tell you the rating?