• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You've seen a lot of these . . . BUT PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am REALLY pissed off since my map has been corrupted AGAIN for a second time, so I've needed to remake it once already, but is there any way to fix it? Like to make it so it may be opened in the Editor again? ElectricSaiyan you said you can open the map in a ZIP but I tried it I'm not too sure how to do it. Could anyone help me to fix the map please please please don't make me remake the map a 3rd time . . . :cry:

Level 3
My advice [since this has happened to me and i feel your pain :cry: ] is to remove ALL imported files from your map and like Purple said,make sure none of them are corrupted.I noticed i destroyed alot of my maps wen i could of just done that.If that doesnt work ive had the same problem because of triggers.triggers are very flexible thus easy to bug the game.so try to remove all your triggers and see if it still messes up.if that STILL doesnt work, [once again] do wat Purple said and just save a back up next time. :?

Level 5
I am an expert mapmaker, so I know that I needa make a backup. I make one for every map of mine, but you see I saved over it (cause that's what you do with backups, I didn't know anything was wrong with the original, which I saved over my backup) and it's not like I can remove the imported stuff or delete the triggers, the map is corrupted meaning PROTECTED. Like I try to open it but it gives me a "Map File Could Not Be Opened"!!!! WAANNNNHHHHHHH!!!!!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Make many backups.
Have 3 different backups of different stages (4 if you count the actual one your editing) and every so often update ONLY the oldest map leaving the newer ones unchanged.

TEST!
After making changes check your master before backing up!
Do not edit a map your making with any other program than officle WE since other programs might damage files in the map!
Also distributing unprotected maps to friends just incase your computer dies is a good idea.

Finaly!
DO NOT MESS WITH STUFF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT DOES!

Folowing this method you should avoid all lose of maps.

Level 5
Mmmm all of your suggestions are helpful. As for you Super Good, I use WEU people say it is bugged, but nothing of the sort has happened, lot's of my maps have been screwed even with OLD World Editor (not WEU) and yeah I only make actions and advanced triggers I KNOW I'll be using, I don't mess around with stuff I don't know about (I'm not a 3 year old in an elevator sucking the crap out of the buttons lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.