1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Help Please (TCO)

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by [E]clipse, Mar 9, 2015.

1. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone,
    I recently downloaded the campaign The Chosen Ones...
    I played it and everything looked fine, But when I opened it in the WE and tried to check the custom spells the maps did not open. And i thought the map must be locked. Then I made a mistake and clicked on the save button. and I thought that I made no changes... SO what's the problem? :]

But when I played the campaign again, the campaign screen was black and the maps loaded to only half of the way and then crashed saying

FATAL ERROR!!!!

Could not read Data "0x00000"
    etc, etc.

I don't know what to do... It happens everytime I try to play it.And my Internet connection is so slow that I cannot even think of downloading it again.

Please someone help me. Anyone who helps will get +rep

I think the simplest way to help is give me some screenshots of the campaign after opening it in the WE cause I think I messed up with the settings.

2. loxie

loxie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you screenshot the entire error message or somehow give us more information about the error? So far all I can find is that this may be related to memory or patching. I don't see evidence for either issue.

3. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    So... How can I fix it?

4. loxie

loxie

Resources:
    Resources:
    You may want to try the following:

1) Change compatibility

If you're running in Win 7, change your compatibility to Win 2000 or something else other than your current setting.
    If you're using Linux, try configuring your WINE settings.
    If you're using Mac, then this should be expected. ;)

2) Try this.
    3) Append your shortcut with -opengl

These are just some suggestions. I can only tell if this is map-related, if I can read the error. Concerning the map, if you were able to upload it, I can tell you if it works on my machine or not.

5. Alright

Alright

Resources:
    Resources:
    > Concerning the map, if you were able to upload it, I can tell you if it works on my machine or not.

The map he's having a problem with in question is literally on the front page. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/chosen-ones-1-0-a-83535/

That being said...

> opening it in the WE cause I think I messed up with the settings.

Care to clarify?

6. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will try those 3 methods right now.

Actually, I myself don't know what I did but it would be a great help If u tell me what the campaign background screen is set to, Because I think I changed that by mistake.

7. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The Chosen Ones is protected.
    I havent found a .wtg so it is probably protected with the unknown file bug.
    In that case... noone is able to edit that and the owner(s) have a copy that is unprotected.

If you try to open it, it will crash the editor.

If you have bugged the map by saving it... the best thing to do is download it again.
    It is also faster than explaining to other people what the problem is, letting them try to find a proper solution, let them try to explain the solution to you, apply the solution to your situation.

At this moment... you are in still trying to explain what the problem is so just download it again and ask for the spells rather than trying to get into a protected map.

8. [E]clipse

[E]clipse

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are right But my problem is solved, I had a copy of the campaign somewhere in my Drive. I searched for it for 1/2 an hour and finally Got it. Is there any way to delete this thread Now?

9. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Meh, it just fades away into the deep void.