• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cant play saved custom maps i made with freinds HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Whoever may be reading this, i am posting this to see if anyone can help me with my problem. I made a custom map on the WC3 world editor to play with my friend it was my first one. when i saved the game i put it in a folder and thought it would work, so i got my friends together and we were going to play it on gerana. i tried to put the game up but couldn't find it so i opened world editor and saved it again, and thats when i noticed that all the other custom maps i got from friends had a white piece of paper to the wright and mine had a white piece of paper with a padalock in front of it so i think thats why i can't open it.

Can anyone help me please :goblin_wtf:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WarCraft III has insufficient permission to read the map. You need to change the map files security settings to allow read permission to the user who runs WarCraft III.

The padlock icon is generated by Windows. It informs you that the account you are using does not have read permission for the specified file.

You can change security settings under the file properties (right click -> properties). If you need more help, I advise googleing it or asking Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.