• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Importing custom icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all, is is my first post here, i registered only today. :(
First, i'm a newbie with War3's World Editor, i only started working with it 3-4 days ago. Searching the internet for beginner tutorials i found this amazing site.
Now, let's turn to the problem (this is gonna be long) :
I found some custom made icons for items on another forum and saved them to my computer (.jpg format). Following this tutorial: (World-Editor Tutorials Site) i learned some things about importing icons, i downloaded and install IrfanView, converted the Javelin.jpg pic into BTNJavelin.tga, copied the .tga file, set the picture into grayscale with IrfanView and saved it as DISBTNJavelin.tga file. In my Warcraft 3 folder i made a new folder called ReplaceableTextures, and in that one made 2 new folders: CommandButtons and CommandButtonsDisabled, put the BTN file into the first one and the DISBTN into the second folder as needed. I opened WE, and imported these 2 files via Import Manager. Thing that puzzled me is that now those 2 files had these paths: war3mapImported\BTNJavelin.tga and war3mapImported\DISBTNJavelin.tga.
Now, in the onject Manager, i selected my custom item and in the fields: Art-Icon-Normal and Art-Icon-Research i chose Import and this file: war3mapImported\BTNJavelin.tga
However, when i test my map, the disabled spell image doesn't work, only when i hit level 6 (that's when my spell is available), the image shows up. Otherwise, where the disabled spell image should be a just get a green background. :(
I tried with custom path in the object Manager and put ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtons/BTNJavelin.tga but i get the same problem, the map doesn't use the DISBTN file.
Can anyone help?

Level 17
I think you have to change the file path in the import manager.
and custom path for disabled is ReplaceableTextures/DisabledCommandButtons/DISBTNJavelin
i think, i dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.