• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading imported files for all maps in a campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there.

I have created a complete technological tree for two races (a very expanded naga race and a steampunk themed gobling race) and I have both working for the first map of my custom campaign.

I did not have big problems when importing models and icons for the techtree (mainly from this web, thanks, guys, for this great community), but now I want to use the same resources for the next maps.

I used the import manager to save all the imported files in a folder called "campaign_resources". I also saved in the same folder all the data of my custom objects (units, skills, buffs ...) with the name "object_regist.w3o"

I used the campaign editor to create a new one and put the first map (I used it as a test chamber to make sure it worked well)in it. I opened the tab of imported files in the campaign manager and selected Edit> import files and loaded the same folder "campaign_resources". All imported files showed so I though it was going fine. Then I loaded the "object_regist.w3o" waiting for everything to work with custom icons and models.

But it happens that, with few exceptions, all models fail to load. I checked the import tab on the campaign manager and the file paths returned to "war3campImported" and I lost the correct path.

Do I need to put all the routes back on each map manually? There are more than 40 files in my import manager and many of them need a very specific route to work. It would be hell to do that again and again for each map.

Thanks for your attention and sorry if my English is a bit sloppy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.