• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your favourite faction and race

What is your favourite faction/race

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
They are not chosen because I like/dislike them, but also for many other reasons.
Man thats wrong... because, if you want to create poll, you obviosly want to see WHICH RACES PEOPLE LIKE! Which means that its not matter IF YOU DISLIKE OR NOT, its matter that PEOPLE WILL CHose what they like or not. You cannot just select few of them which you like, because what you like, some people do not. Especially if its about poll. People will vote for what they like, not what you chose.
But do not take me wrong, I did not meant anything wrong up to you, by this, i am just saying that you cannot do that ,,I dislike that race, then I wont put in in vote list". tastes are different, if you do not like something then do not vote for it. Thats why people are complaining because of list.
You put skeletons as Undeads! Skeletons are Undeads, but Undeads are not just Skeletons. They have vampires, ghouls, zombies, bugs, ghosts, and much more...
But still, man its good job to create poll ar first place...
I wanted to see such poll to see which races people prefer the most in Hiveworkshop. Good work man.

Level 12
I said it isn't a matter of whether I like or dont like them, read carefully the sentence before it.

Skeletons ARE NOT undead. They are skeletons.

Level 2
Man thats wrong... because, if you want to create poll, you obviosly want to see WHICH RACES PEOPLE LIKE! Which means that its not matter IF YOU DISLIKE OR NOT, its matter that PEOPLE WILL CHose what they like or not. You cannot just select few of them which you like, because what you like, some people do not. Especially if its about poll. People will vote for what they like, not what you chose.
But do not take me wrong, I did not meant anything wrong up to you, by this, i am just saying that you cannot do that ,,I dislike that race, then I wont put in in vote list". tastes are different, if you do not like something then do not vote for it. Thats why people are complaining because of list.
You put skeletons as Undeads! Skeletons are Undeads, but Undeads are not just Skeletons. They have vampires, ghouls, zombies, bugs, ghosts, and much more...
But still, man its good job to create poll ar first place...
I wanted to see such poll to see which races people prefer the most in Hiveworkshop. Good work man.
Didn't the guy say, HE DIDN'T CHOOSE THE RACES TO HIS LIKINGS BUT RATHER TO OTHER REASONS?

Level 12
I have included some of the races mentioned.
Nerubians will probablt be some sort of creeps...
The trolls are with the goblins and ogres, tauren are nomadic hunters, and Ghosts are now also a race.

Level 17
I was wondering for a map I'm making, which races I should implement. Please vote your favorite out of the 10!

Silly me, I forgot to read the fine print.
These were races nuuh wanted, not our favorites but our favorites out of his list. It was wrong to be negative. Sorry.

Level 34
Next time, look at the other side of the story before trying to make a point.

There is no other side of story, and please, you with two posts here, instead of non sense arguing, go be at least active member first. If you did not (I really did not checked out, just saying) go and make introduction thread, and come to argue with people here haha!
You really think that someone except me will reply on such posts... New member came to spread instructions here about people's points.

Didn't the guy say, HE DIDN'T CHOOSE THE RACES TO HIS LIKINGS BUT RATHER TO OTHER REASONS?
And I say this:
Silly reasons though. Just sayin'

:p

FrostLordX
What point of this poll then? I just wonder. I noticed here that people are still asking for their favorite race... For example someone likes zombies, and they are in list. Someone likes werevolves, they arent in list too... Someone likes vampires, they are not in list too. But if there are in list Undeads, rather than skeletons and few, then anyone who likes those races listed above will simply vote for Undeads because Undead races contains many races in there. Like in my case. I like Fel Orcs, but I had to vote for demons there. Well that is example only, to be honest I doubt that anyone would vote for Fel orcs... But I have seen people asking for some races which do not exist in list. I am just saying that list is not complete. Thats why generic races still should be... In his case, if he wants to see how many people likes Skeleton, thats okay, but still he should left original Undead race for someone who likes another race which is not in list but belongs to Undeads.
Also for any other race. Generic races contains many races in there.
Okay, but I do not know why for example Naga doesnot exist either. And few other. I already said that guy did good job with that. And I will give him one rep if I did not already for that list, he deserved it at least. I just said what he needs to improve it for next time or whatever, i did not said that so you can quote my whole post with some random sentence.

Level 12
There is no other side of story, and please, you with two posts here, instead of non sense arguing, go be at least active member first. If you did not (I really did not checked out, just saying) go and make introduction thread, and come to argue with people here haha!
You really think that someone except me will reply on such posts... New member came to spread instructions here about people's points.

And I say this:

FrostLordX
What point of this poll then? I just wonder. I noticed here that people are still asking for their favorite race... For example someone likes zombies, and they are in list. Someone likes werevolves, they arent in list too... Someone likes vampires, they are not in list too. But if there are in list Undeads, rather than skeletons and few, then anyone who likes those races listed above will simply vote for Undeads because Undead races contains many races in there. Like in my case. I like Fel Orcs, but I had to vote for demons there. Well that is example only, to be honest I doubt that anyone would vote for Fel orcs... But I have seen people asking for some races which do not exist in list. I am just saying that list is not complete. Thats why generic races still should be... In his case, if he wants to see how many people likes Skeleton, thats okay, but still he should left original Undead race for someone who likes another race which is not in list but belongs to Undeads.
Okay, but I do not know why for example Naga doesnot exist either. And few other. I already said that guy did good job with that. And I will give him one rep if I did not already for that list, he deserved it at least. I just said what he needs to improve it for next time or whatever, i did not said that so you can quote my whole post with some random sentence.

Stop ranting pointlessly, you have no idea what anybody is talking about. Don't tell FrostLordX that he is wrong, because he IS right.
You are the dumbass here sir, now please stop commenting, your embarassing yoruself.

Level 34
nuuh, Do it one more time and you will regret for making fool of yourself.

Stop ranting pointlessly, you have no idea what anybody is talking about.
Are you sure?

Don't tell FrostLordX that he is wrong, because he IS right.
I will tell whatever I want until I am not flaming somebody or break rules which obviously I am not in this thread.

You are the dumbass here sir,
That is is calling flame. Read rules before got hurt kid. For this shit I can report you, because you obviously did not read rules which says what can or cannot be told here.

now please stop commenting, your embarassing yoruself.
I will stop commenting when I want. Will you cry boy?
YOu can calling me any names you wish, you cannot annoy me. Simply people like you cannot annoy me anymore. You are only funny to me.

Level 12
Its not flaming rofl. You just hijacked this thread without reading what anybody has said. And once again you rant. You sir, are the one flaming here. You know what? Go ahead and report me, you won't get anywhere.

EDIT: Here is what you've obviously missed.

What you obviously havn't read:
I said it isn't a matter of whether I like or dont like them, read carefully the sentence before it.

Skeletons ARE NOT undead. They are skeletons.

I have included some of the races mentioned.
Nerubians will probablt be some sort of creeps...
The trolls are with the goblins and ogres, tauren are nomadic hunters, and Ghosts are now also a race.

Silly me, I forgot to read the fine print.
These were races nuuh wanted, not our favorites but our favorites out of his list. It was wrong to be negative. Sorry.

Next time, look at the other side of the story before trying to make a point.

What you have ignorantly responded:

And I say this:

FrostLordX

nuuh, Do it one more time and you will regret for making fool of yourself.

Are you sure?

I will tell whatever I want until I am not flaming somebody or break rules which obviously I am not in this thread.

That is is calling flame. Read rules before got hurt kid. For this shit I can report you, because you obviously did not read rules which says what can or cannot be told here.

I will stop commenting when I want. Will you cry boy?
YOu can calling me any names you wish, you cannot annoy me. Simply people like you cannot annoy me anymore. You are only funny to me.

Lol at those last 4 sentences. Exactly what you are, bro.

Level 17
Instead of arguing like little school-girls about pointless crap, let's go back to what this thread is ACTUALLY about.
Show some Goblin and Dark Human love!

Level 12
I agree with the above post. I was attempting to explain what this thread is about to masterhaosis, but he doesn't want to know. From now on, I ignored him.

Level 34
calling someone dumbass is called insult, especially withoug pointing him where is he wrong. You are trying to do in these posts however you are now double posting same long quotes, so I actually cannot see in which points am I wrong. You should try to reduce lenght of quotes, and point when someone is wrong, not just quote everything you see or want not matter how long or difficult can be to read. i tried to explain you very well that this kind of communication is wrong, you did not want to hear, it okay, your choice.

since you have come back to hive, all you have done is cause problems, nuuh. I am going to bring this to the attention of moderators, and see what will be done about it.

You, being of early hive, should know how to act, and not flame someone. Follow the rules, and you will have no problems, and will get along better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Would you just shut the fuck up, since you have come back to hive, all you have done is cause problems, nuuh. I am going to bring this to the attention of moderators, and see what will be done about it.

You, being of early hive, should know how to act, and not flame someone. Follow the rules, and you will have no problems, and will get along better.

Was the first sentence about me?

Also, can we please close this? I already have enough results, and obviously it is causing trouble...

Level 34
nuuh, awesome Midnighters has a point here.
I understand that you are new, you need attention, and you need to learn some things. But you cannot act like that, you should not.
I do not say nowhere that I am right. If I am wrong, then you need to point me where I am wrong, or where do you think that I am wrong in my posts, by quoting me, my sentences and such.. And if I still think that I am right, then I will still try to constructive write, and we would have a nice constructive arguing.
But you cannot just jump and insult everyone who is not agree with you. Thia is wrong.
Can you imagine one more guy like you instead of me here, and you insult him, he insults you, and what would happen? You risk thread to be closed or you to get neg rep or some kind of punishment. Just because you cannot handle that someone thinks different than you. You see, I still have lot of patience.With people like moderators, Midgnithers and such ,,veterans" I will try to point each time I see such behavior, that it is wrong.
I am telling you very nice, you are welcomed to ignore me, do not listen me or anyone, keep do that and you will see.
Thats for your good man, not mine.
ON topic: Midnighters, Red Shift, yeah, like you I voted for Demons. From current 4 selectable races, I like Undeads the most, but of all races, I like Fel Orcs. Simply because they are Demonic Orcs, hybrid from Orcs and demons. Their style is demonish, they live in Outland, buildings are made mostly in demonic style from Outland materials, hot rocks and lava. Sharp spikes.... So, that is reason why I voted for Demons in this poll.

Level 12
Im not new...
I was attempting to explain you what this poll was about

Then you continued to ignore what I had said.

EDIT: Also, I can also see that you declaring me "childish" is hypocryticial. Visitor messages give us info.

Level 34
Im not new...
Sorry then, but its even worse for you then cause like Midnighters said, you should then know how to behave.

I was attempting to explain you what this poll was about

Then you continued to ignore what I had said.

You should quote me like I said, when you are poitning TO ME SPECIALLY as you are keeping saying how you was trying to explain ME.
ot calling me dumbass and such just because you cannot stand with my statements. Like i tried to explain you why do I think that there should be more races! I did not offend or flame you nowhere. . You suddenly blow up for some unknown reason, instead of telling me WHERE I am wrong exactly!
Its not about me, like I said i am not offended by your behavior directly.
What more IF YOU READ CREFULY AFTER ALL I LIKED YOUR POLL AND GAVE YOU A REPUTATION FOR THIS LIST! Which means that I was friendly to you at first place even I do not like personally list itself, I told what I think that should be improvements and you suddenly blow up. It all about you shouldnot blow up next time to another member. Thats point. Not me. I am less important in this story.

EDIT: Also, I can also see that you declaring me "childish" is hypocryticial. Visitor messages give us info.
Thats your opinion and I respect it!

Level 12
If you are judging him by his typing and spelling, you have to take into consideration, he is a foreigner, and knows limited English. May I advise taking this to the chat, and having this discussion there, rather than here?

I wasn't judging his spelling. Look at his visitor messages.

Level 12
Sorry then, but its even worse for you then cause like Midnighters said, you should then know how to behave.

You should quote me like I said, when you are poitning TO ME SPECIALLY as you are keeping saying how you was trying to explain ME.
ot calling me dumbass and such just because you cannot stand with my statements. Like i tried to explain you why do I think that there should be more races! I did not offend or flame you nowhere. . You suddenly blow up for some unknown reason, instead of telling me WHERE I am wrong exactly!
Its not about me, like I said i am not offended by your behavior directly.
What more IF YOU READ CREFULY AFTER ALL I LIKED YOUR POLL AND GAVE YOU A REPUTATION FOR THIS LIST! Which means that I was friendly to you at first place even I do not like personally list itself, I told what I think that should be improvements and you suddenly blow up. It all about you shouldnot blow up next time to another member. Thats point. Not me. I am less important in this story.

Thats your opinion and I respect it!

I can stand with your statements. You were flaming to me.

God damn it lets just forget this.
Sorry Masterhaosis

Level 34
I can stand with your statements.
Thanks, but you do not need to. YOu can have your own statements if you wish, I have nothing against it.

You were flaming to me.
Sorry, its not true. Flamming means that I flame or insult you: ,,you are idiot, retard, moron, stupid" and such.. That called flamming usually.
Until you explode I did not said any bad word to you. Any! I just gave you reputation for trying here at first place!

God damn it lets just forget this.
of course man! For sure everyone will forget this, this is friendly community, not war zone at all!

Sorry Masterhaosis
No need to apologize to me! Like i said I am not offended personally! Its not matter about me, I just wish previously to inform you about further exploding to, thats all.
Do not worry about that, I will speak with you, and even support you in next polls and such... Probably I miss people points like every alive man. But I strongly require that you or anyone tell me, so I can fix myself, rather than being insulted.
Man I likes you now, be sure about that. haosis likes you all! Do not be afraid to talk to me, I wont bite you hehe....
At the end you are doing right thing, I am suprised really!

to everyone. I suggest you children stop fighting. This thread has become a complete poopfest.
MH made a mistake of not reading the fine print and the thread starter made a mistake of making a fine print that no one cared to read as well as putting a misleading poll.

nobody has a point here, stop your stupid bickering, hold your tongue and manners and get back to discussing whatever that needs discussing.

now. to nuuh, i know you said you were new and all, but making a thread asking what race you should implement is a silly idea. you are not going have any proper motivation making things based on what other people want. you have to want it for yourself in order to get the best race. its like the school books you never read at school because the teachers told you to read it. and yet, you would love to just read a comic book or something because that is your own initiative.

what i suggest you do discuss on a few select races. obviously you want to implement something new so anything from the original 4 races, NE, orc, Undead and human, as well as naga are invalid. and see through the map section if there are any other races that people have already done. This enables you to know what is out there, make take some ideas or just making sure you can do better than the previous one. I know, for one, there is a decent map with gnolls and demons race. and then you choose 3 or 4 races that you might want to make and then discuss with other people about them. i think that will be the best way to get what you are looking for here, not a meaningless votes based on what everyone feels like voting.

PS: Ok, it seems everyone calmed down while i wrote this post.
to any moderators
EVERYTHING IS FINE HERE

Level 12
And the mods come in after the fight has ended :p

Also, I never said I was new

And isn't not implementing the races people wanted what started this?

Not meaning to sound mad, just clearing that up

Level 34
what i suggest you do discuss on a few select races. obviously you want to implement something new so anything from the original 4 races, NE, orc, Undead and human, as well as naga are invalid.
Agreed!

and see through the map section if there are any other races that people have already done. This enables you to know what is out there, make take some ideas or just making sure you can do better than the previous one. I know, for one, there is a decent map with gnolls and demons race.
Exactly! Also you would like to check out model section to see buildings and units which can fit for those races. For gnolls/ forest based races you can find probably few ones. For demons you can find for sure!

and then you choose 3 or 4 races that you might want to make and then discuss with other people about them. i think that will be the best way to get what you are looking for here, not a meaningless votes based on what everyone feels like voting.
nuuh, Well I would gladly like to help with ideas and such for sure...
Man, believe me, I am not lying, but I liked the most to test altered meele maps with new races! I played them until I was active in WC3 until two years ago, and when I was map moderator, I tested everything, but liked to test mostly maps with new races! I wanted to see something new, some of people's vision! Thats why now I am interested in your project, if it is project actually. even I created in past (I think it is 2007) one map with Chaos orcs and one with Nagas.Nothing special, but proof that I liked new races like you.

Level 22
Would you just shut the fuck up, since you have come back to hive, all you have done is cause problems, nuuh. I am going to bring this to the attention of moderators, and see what will be done about it.

I would encourage you to clarify who you are talking to, and not tell people to "shut the fuck up" if you are going to report something, don't do so because your flaming didn't pull you through the flame-war that this thread has become.

I think the mods should probably close this thread before it gets worse.

And as for you thread-starter, don't call people dumbasses, that could get you banned in a hurry.

Level 17
I would encourage you to clarify who you are talking to, and not tell people to "shut the fuck up" if you are going to report something, don't do so because your flaming didn't pull you through the flame-war that this thread has become.

I think the mods should probably close this thread before it gets worse.

And as for you thread-starter, don't call people dumbasses, that could get you banned in a hurry.

I advise you to READ the LAST PAGE before typing this out, we have clearly already gotten past this.
And Dark Humans got some love! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.