• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You know your addicted when......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Tharos said:
Found this at the dota site....
Greetings,

I am toying with the idea with hosting a DotA LAN party in my area if there is enough people interested. If there is atleast 15 or so definate people, I would have it hosted in one of our local gaming shops. If I could get 30 or more definates, I would rent a hall for a day. 50 people is my target number.

This would entail the following:
Located in Suffolk County, New York.
An entry fee, most likely $20, would be required to cover expenses and prizes.
Would happen sometime this summer. No date set yet.
Food, pizza most likely. Beverages as well.
DotA Gaming
Other gaming such as counterstrike or whatever.
Anyone under 16, would not be able to enter nor leave without permission from a guardian.
Would involve bringing your own computer, with, maybe, the possibility to rent a computer if I can get enough people involved.
Prizes for best costume.
Prizes for best gaming.
Other prizes
Basically, this is not going to be for profit. All entry money entered will be put towards expenses and prizes of various types.

Also, if you are interested in coming, and you have networking equipement to bring, please speak up. Would make my life easier if would not have to rent anything at all. If you would like to be involved in the planning and organizing of it and you live in the area, please let me know as well.

Happy gaming,
werehamster

Update: Got a price quote for rental information and it would cost about $200 per computer if I were to rent them. I could buy computers for just a little more and sell them at the LAN party. 24 ports switches were more decently priced plus a PA system.

Also, Looks like there is not enough DotA people interested. I would have to do some local advertising and treat it as a general LAN party and have DotA as one of the events.

Level 4
i was kinda hoping this would be a thread where you finish the sentance... sry, i dont like dota, and you just proved my point on why (it's already stolen about 30 friends from me on WC3), funny thought though :D

and just cause i thought i had a good one:
...you watch a TV show about addicts and get upset at their family for not understanding them (Intervention on A&E, their topic that day: peter and his obsessive abusive gaming addiction.)

yours still blows mine away.

Level 12
Actualy tournaments for DotA? Man, I thought that thing died with WoW. Me angry. Me kill any DotA addicts. Join up fellow brothers and we shall hunt them down.

Level 4
hey seagull, where are ya? If I'm in the county I'm sure i can find some good throwing rocks... always did love stoning them to death - can i help set the date/time?.

*hint, hint... if anyone reading this doesnt understand what I'm saying... read first post more carefully*

Status
Not open for further replies.