• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You guys are confused about rating.Let me remind what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay, I am really sick of those idiots who keep giving 5/5 to something they really like, and a 1/5 on what they don't like...
Let me remind you guys how it goes.

1/5 = This sucks.
2/5 = It needs improvement.
3/5 = Good, and useful.
4/5 = Full of effort.
5/5 = Really perfect.

Really, I'm sick of you guys saying: WHY THE HELL DID YOU RATE THIS A 3/5?! I WORKED HOURS ON THIS!
And I'm also sick of: THIS THING WILL HELP ME ALOT ON MY CAMPAIGN! 5/5!!!
You guys have no common sense I suppose.

People are always flaming me, because they think they're stuff are so good, but I rated them a 3/5 or a 4/5...
The stuff I rate a 3/5 or 4/5 are the content that have effort and quality. A rating of 5/5 would mean that it could win a Director's Choice award.
The only stuff I rate a 1/5, are the skins that are just bad paint attempts and recolors, and models that are simply a merge of weapons, and heads...

-_- To Olofmoleman, I didn't rate your Darthfett model a 3/5 because it sucked. I rated it a 3/5 because it's not perfect. Perfect models that deserve a 5/5 are the ones in the Director's choice category...
Models that deserve a 4/5 are started from scratch, or geo-reskinned that it looks like a completely new thing. Your darthfett model is not perfect, or made from scratch, or a geo-reskin that is unnoticable.
You took my comment the wrong way...

From where I'm standing, this is how the site rates stuff:

1/5: So useless...

5/5: Man, this is so good!

....What you guys maybe doing is encouraging the newbies to upload more crap, and discourage the skilled ones from submitting anymore.
I suggest you people take a look of the different submissions on the site, and compare the differences in quality and effort.

Level 1
i dont see why people are complaining about their ratings, in life there is people on both sides. cut your wrists or cry a river. its not like your submissions were profesionnal or remotly good creations, but ok its still some of your time you put in it.

Level 5
Olofmoleman...if you're reading this...3/5 is in the middle of the 5 numbers...and so, the middle number means good...

.................This site has the worst resources I have ever seen...^_^...
Don't think I have no ability...

Okay...
I'm bored...
-_-

Level 5
Subseven said:
i dont see why people are complaining about their ratings, in life there is people on both sides. cut your wrists or cry a river. its not like your submissions were profesionnal or remotly good creations, but ok its still some of your time you put in it.

Just so you know, the resource ratings are either a discourage or an encourage...so it sometimes affects submissions.

Level 6
What you posted, is really, really, really pathetic. The site rating is nothing, but useless info on whether the user who rated it, is reasonable, or stupid.
Yes, I agree that this site has really stupid folks that keep submitting crap, and I believe that you do have ability, but it's no big deal.
I think you're overeacting and being geeky. This whole thread is pitiful.

HELLO EVERYONE! I'M BACK! :(

Level 12
Dark Destroyer said:
Olofmoleman...if you're reading this...3/5 is in the middle of the 5 numbers...and so, the middle number means good...

.................This site has the worst resources I have ever seen...^_^...
Don't think I have no ability...

Okay...
I'm bored...
-_-

The middle number means Mediocre, not good.

If you don't like the resources, visit another site instead of this one.

Level 12
I've gone through a dumb ton of people who keep on asking me about criticism. And what do I get? Immature, stupid flaming that only can suggest that they haven't been in the real world. Let me tell you a bit more about what I expect some criticism. If failed, I will see if it should be excused.

-No flaming. Ex: OMFG, u suck 1/5
-No spamming. Ex: HAHAHAHHAH U ROCK LOL! :p :p :p :p
-Don't abuse the rating system. Ex: 0.0000001/5 or 100000/5
-Be serious about your criticism. Ex: Whoah, it must be funny that he's a frog and stuff. Lololololol
-Don't think you know better than everyone. Ex: Oh, like you could do better. All of your skins are ****.
-Don't put up off topic matters too much. Ex: @Noob: Heh, you must be rich. @GameFreak: Thats the best game ever!!!

Maybe I give in more detail later.

Level 9
O_o.Hydro.o_O@Sector 5 said:
Rating stays as personal appreciation. If you like it, high. Otherwise, low. But there forever will be people who rate things incorrectly, your can't do anythign about it ...

Agreed my friend :D

Off: Btw, can you still remeber your username w/ that lenght?

Level 12
O_o.Hydro.o_O@Sector 5 said:
Rating stays as personal appreciation. If you like it, high. Otherwise, low. But there forever will be people who rate things incorrectly, your can't do anythign about it ...

Unfortunately, many rate the resources unfairly. Often times members (especially noobs) will try to harass the submitter with useless spam that aren't even related to the resource. Therefore it is a problem. Even if you ignore it, there still someone rating it unfairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.