• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You can only strike v1.5

Reactions: 1 person
Kino's Map Catalogue, 2015
Uploaded for posterity :D

YOU CAN ONLY STRIKE
Date: 01/04/2015
Genre: Action
Players: 1

After years of ruminating, the necromancer Grimmsaw has sent an army of creatures to destroy Larkfeld; the last human kingdom still standing against his will.
Armies battled valiantly against the hordes, but it was a hero of legend who ultimately lead them to victory.
A hero, who knew to only strike.

Overview
This map is based on the concept of striking.
As you play this game, you will become better at it. Once you know what is going on, you will understand everything in the map.
Expect not to win on the first playthrough, this map is very difficult.

To win, you must achieve level 100; by fighting foe after foe, tempering your skill until you are powerful enough to attain victory.
Choose 1 of twelve classes from the Trapper to the Warmage, each with their own unique skillset and innate stat bonuses.

Features

12 Unique Classes
Choose 1 of twelve classes, each with their own unique skillset and innate stat bonuses.

Random events
Duel a copy of your hero, survive an onslaught by fire; each playthrough is different.

Random enemies
Over 100 base types each with their own huge number of variants.

Random Battlefield
The map changes each playthrough. Complete your quest while moving through forests, deserts, snows and caverns.

Stat System
Gain stats through levelling up and combat, become stronger by doing.

Feedback System
The map acknowledges your awesome-ness and showers the battlefield in blood.

Scaling System
Enemies get stronger all the time, as you grow so do they.

Camera System
Never miss a frame of action, ponder what terrors lurks beyond your view.

Intense high octane combat
You never know what abilities monsters will unleash, each battle may be your last

Strategy System
Use your hero's unique blend of skills to beat the map, interact and approach monsters with care.

Chat Command System
Unlock secrets wth text

Permadeath System
You only get 1 shot at becoming legend

AI System
Due to popular demands, this map has AI; something that Dreamvale doesn't.

Custom Model System
Heroes look suitably heroic.

Big Map System
If awesome = KB, then this is the most awesome Iv'e made. Beating the next in line by a whopping 7x.

Description System
This map has the longest, most epic description I have made, thus therefore it is objectively the best.

158564-albums8065-picture96221.jpg

158564-albums8065-picture96220.jpg

158564-albums8065-picture96222.jpg

158564-albums8065-picture96223.jpg

158564-albums8065-picture96224.jpg

158564-albums8065-picture96225.jpg

158564-albums8065-picture96226.jpg

Changelog
v1.0
- Release
v1.1
- Balance changes
v1.2
- Added Boss encounters
- Heroes now have different damage types.
v1.3
- Added more bosses
- Improved scoreboard

v1.4
- Added CUSTOM MODLES (credits Sellenisko)
- Reduced the attack range and speed of the Knight

v1.5
- Reduced map size
- Changed some abilities
- Added Critical system

Credits
Sellenisko - Custom Models
67 Chrome - Model Textures
The Hiveworkshop - Website
Map Section - Description
Map Section - Screenshot tax

Author's Notes
Are you not entertained?

Keywords:
Fighting, Punching, Slapping, You, can, only, strike, horses, description, tax, map, section, random, generation, generated.
Contents

You can only strike v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
17:26, 23rd Apr 2015 Orcnet: At first, I thought I started smoking again while inhaling a good dose of baygon before playing this game, well I think I got brain dead after. Jokes aside, the spell and engaging system reminds me of how...

M

17:26, 23rd Apr 2015
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

At first, I thought I started smoking again while inhaling a good dose of baygon before playing this game, well I think I got brain dead after.

Jokes aside, the spell and engaging system reminds me of how Diablo's dungeon crawler system can be off the nuts sometimes, I think this is probably a good representation of how dungeon crawler RPGs end up? lol, as I said the system expressing spells and attacks exploding on my screen is really impressive, I just had to have to type /fps and lower down my resolution just to prevent the extreme lag that went over the game once I reached level 97.

Speaking of level and extremism, I notice I get killed quickly by either getting zapped, ganged up, or just die suddenly without noticing what happened, I use my trusty save-load option whenever I finish a level. Also I haven't tried doing those chat commands, but I did follow the samples of the quest menu and I laughed after.

Anyways, this is very impressive, funny, and enjoyable to play alone since its a single player, although I think I missed the special message behind the ending of the game, or probably that's how we all end fighting games:

"We can Only Strike".

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Say, is camera suppose to be upside down?

picc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
Camera is upside only once, until you press ESC, it comes back to normal. But pressing esc again wont change camera back.
Minimap really looks blank, although there are different terrains, which in turn could use more work indeed.
As descriptions say ,,you cannot make any decisions", that is how it works in game, your hero automatically starts to attack target, you cannot stop him or move screen away from hero much. You can only do it with pressing ,,Hold" several times, and Hero will stop on short period. I played with some heroes such as Warden, Warlock and Militia guy. Warden was the best so far for me. Tons of already seen creatures, various of creatures are atacking, but this map promises good action all time! Fighting all time with little time to relax
So, I can say 2/5 because of terrain, if it would be better, I would give 3/5

Level 23
Hmmmm I really did not figure out what player has to do in this map.

I played Ranger, Warden and Keeper and several times and still did not figure out what is the point.

Everything seems to go smoothly but then suddenly I receive tons of damage and drop dead with 2 hits.

The point is to strike, and by mastery of striking; reach the 100th level and win.

Level 21
I somehow feel incredibly mocked playing this map 0o.

Chat Command System
Unlock secrets wth text

Permadeath System
You only get 1 shot at becoming legend

AI System
Due to popular demands, this map has AI; something that Dreamvale doesn't.

Big Map System
If awesome = KB, then this is the most awesome Iv'e made. Beating the next in line by a whopping 7x.

lol?

I'd say this is art and therefore will stay clear from any rating.

I recommend "You can only strike" for extravaganza.

Level 2
What do you mean about that??? Maybe its part of it... :ogre_icwydt:

Well since the numbers were so pumped up and bloated I couldn't really tell what the enemies where doing and then something would drop me to like 100 hp and I'd die. It was usually a spell but since my guy ran by himself into combat he couldn't dodge the AOEs. On the terrain it was just some simple pebbles and trees nothing special ( Needs elevation imo).

Level 4
Well since the numbers were so pumped up and bloated I couldn't really tell what the enemies where doing and then something would drop me to like 100 hp and I'd die. It was usually a spell but since my guy ran by himself into combat he couldn't dodge the AOEs. On the terrain it was just some simple pebbles and trees nothing special ( Needs elevation imo).

Oh.... yeah I understand what you mean.... :thumbs_up::goblin_yeah:

Level 8
Awful. Why knight attack with such impossible for a human speed, and in some range? Why numbers in this map are so huge? And why this in the category "Modern Warfare"? I didn't see tanks, guns, helicopters and e.t.c.

Level 23
Awful. Why knight attack with such impossible for a human speed, and in some range? Why numbers in this map are so huge? And why this in the category "Modern Warfare"? I didn't see tanks, guns, helicopters and e.t.c.

Noted, what do you feel is a realistic speed for the knight to attack?

Last edited: