• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yor's Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yor's Risk

A new risk map that i just started testing, it is supposed to be unique because I hope it will help take back b.net from dota and possibly add some more maps to the FT risk genre (theres about 2 maps there now :eekani:)

Due to some technically problems (aka im too broke to fix my comp) I can't put up a test version with this thread, but it can be found on Epicwar.com (using a lbrary comp right now :grin:)

I have tested the map 3 or 4 times now and got some positive feedback about the terrain, but there are many bugs i need to fix and a few additions to make the game more interesting ( every unit is an individual hero with auto-upgrading skills should be something to look forward to)

So if you'd like to see the map you can find it at Epicwar.com, if you would prefer not to go there for whatever reason , I'm truly sorry i couldn't post the map up here now :spell_breaker:

If you are making a sort of rpg type game or an empires type game then I give you permission to edit the map in every which way in order to get the terrain ( i might modd the map so all the triggs, units and such are back to normal and you can start from scratch with just the terrain)

Thanks many times over to all the great modellers here, as i almost overflowed the size of the map with so many models :thumbs_up:
UPDATE #1

I won't be getting this done for a loooong time,

nor will I be able to get a test version out, sorry

I might update this in a few more months, if I made some progress, but the chances are I'm not gonna have anything to show for this project for at least 3 months

Last edited:
Level 12
Apology

I apologize for not updating this

I put this up a long time ago, and when I got to really testing it (on b.net, about a week later)

I found so many problems i didn't think it was worth re-doing it

I'm re-looking it over again, a few months later X_x, and it needs ridiculous amounts of fixing
Btw this map was my inspiration to make the risk systems spell/system, because of all the damned fixing ><

I probably won't have it up to even look at for a long time, I wanna put every piece of it into a more efficient + repeatable system so I can make any risk map very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.