• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yet some more newb questions - Timer Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Er, I honestly knew how to do this before, but having not done one of these triggers since....well, can't remember, I've sort of forgotten. Well, I know that I've got the event, and so far, I have:

Action: Countdown Timer - Start (variable of type "timer") as a one-shot timer that will expire in 120 seconds

Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for last started timer with name (name)

Countdown Timer - show last created timer.

But I'm real fuzzy about how to hide the timer once it's expired. I THINK I need to have another variable, a timerwindow variable, right?

Also, however, I'm planning on doing a whole messload of consecutive DIFFERENT timers. Is there any faster way other than having to create 48 triggers for the 48 timers, and 96 variables?!?!?:eek:

Level 11
Yes, create a Timer Window variable, and store the TW:
Set TWvar = Last created timer window

In the expiration trigger, use the event:
Timer expires
Then hide the timer window.

And for your other problem, i don't really know why you want to create 48 timers. You can change a timer window's title anytime.
If it's not the problem, make a variable array.

To get which TW goes to which Timer, just use a loop to check the expired timer, and the variable array's index

For each integer from 1 to 48
-If TimerVar[Integer A] is equal to (Expired timer)
--Set CurrentTW = TWvar[Integer A]

Status
Not open for further replies.